Nascar 2019

Can you use your DISH Anywhere to set timer?

My DA is screwed up and won't connect for some reason. Its like a perfect storm (pun intended) of timing, weather, and electronics meltdown for me with this race, so I threw in the towel for this week...maybe things will work out better in Kansas next weekend. :confused:

Reactions: charlesrshell
:first :second :third... and 4th, too! :happydance

FINE round of qualifying for Kevin and the boys! :D

And only one of them finished in the top 10.

Not sure why anyone gives a hoot about qualifying or who gets the pole. Where you start has little to no impact on where you finish most days, just look at all the top tier drivers that get sent to the back and are in the top 15 or higher after the first 30 laps. The only advantage qualifying good has is pit box selection, and even that isn't a big deal most races. How often do drivers win from the pole? Since 2009, pole sitters have won 45 out of 372 races, with none so far in 2019. Kyle Busch has 9 of those, Jimmie Johnson has 5, Kevin Harvick has 5, Martin Truex has 4, Joey Logano has 3. Kyle Larson, Brad Keslowski, Denny Hamlin, Ryan Newman, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Tony Stewart all have 2 each. And with 1 each Mark Martin, Brian Vickers, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Ricky Stenhouse.

SHR had a combined 11 wins last year, only one came from the pole.

I guess it's the nature of the beast. One mistake and 15 cars are wiped out. No matter whether there are 2 or 3 car packs.
The July race always had the packs broken into smaller groups because of handling. This "new package" evidently doesn't allow that.

Anybody still like restricted engine racing? Not me.

I'm not getting much out of this package at any of the tracks. That opinion is certainly not helped by the fact it has neutralized Harvick's driving style. :(

Interesting having one of the little teams get a "win" at Daytona, though. Given how few were left undamaged and who all they were, a restart for that final 30 laps could have been entertaining.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm not getting much out of this package at any of the tracks. That opinion is certainly not helped by the fact it has neutralized Harvick's driving style. :(

Interesting having one of the little teams get a "win" at Daytona, though. Given how few were left undamaged and who all they were, a restart for that final 30 laps could have been entertaining.
Going full throttle all the time isn't good in my opinion. Throttle control in the turns separates good drivers from great drivers. It wasn't long ago the drivers wanted to reduce the size of the spoiler in order to give them more input into how fast they go in the corners. Now it's low horsepower and high drag.
Kevin did say SHR went the wrong way in car setup when they went to the Mustang. I hope they get it straightened out very soon.

By God...server glitches be damned...I'm not going to be denied my gloating opportunities over Harv finally winning a race this weekend!!! :first

(For those that missed it, I posted about it earlier and it was one of the posts that got deleted in the server-work)
Amen to that. Was a hard year up to Sunday.

Reactions: DWS44

Score one for us Gen Xers! hehe

upload_2019-7-27_17-11-3.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)