Native Mode

mysticseer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
USA
Hey everyone. :)

I turned my genie on this morning and I very quickly realized something was different.

It seems they have removed “Native” mode. It’s totally gone from the menu and all stations come in at 1080i. 4K is the only one that switches. I checked my main genie and same thing. I can’t believe they would do this. I get some people don’t like it. But some of us do.

I'd guess AT&T are tired of fielding questions like, "Why does my TV go blank for a couple seconds when I change Channels to (ESPN, my Local FOX station)."

Reactions: comp9
That’s exactly what I thought too. I could imagine it creates a lot of calls. It was something I always loved. I know it isn’t much but my tv does a better job at up scaling. I am sure the feeds are the same so I guess when I am on Fox or ABC owned networks I will switch to 720p. Then 1080i for the rest. Now I want to make a list of what’s what.

I just checked my HR24, & while it DID get an update last night, I STILL have native mode - & yes, it DOES still work as before. (Whew!!!) So maybe this is ONLY for Genie's, perhaps? Yet another reason to stick with the older stuff... ;)

Reactions: TheTechGuru
I just checked my HR24, & while it DID get an update last night, I STILL have native mode - & yes, it DOES still work as before. (Whew!!!) So maybe this is ONLY for Genie's, perhaps? Yet another reason to stick with the older stuff... ;)
My Hr24 with CE software on it still has the Native option as well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)