NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

As far as Granger, he got a technical because the play had NOTHING to do with him. And he stuck his nose where it did not belong. He did not go over there to calm things down, he went to instigate and agitate.

And in the end, it was nothing but "home town bravado" because as Lebron was torching him for 40...you did not hear a peep.

Reality is, the Pacers punched Miami in the mouth and they didn't think the Heat would punch back.

From Miami Herald's Greg Cote:

G5: PACERS @ HEAT: INDIANA CAUSE OF RANCOR IN SERIES: Remember who "started it," in the parlance of the playground. Pacers coach Frank Vogel did pre-series by calling the Heat the league's worst "floppers," incurring a fine from the NBA. It is the fake-macho professional punk Danny Granger with a technical foul in three straight games for getting in the face of LeBron James (twice) and Dwyane Wade. It was Pacers nobody Lance Stephenson who directed a choke sign at James. It was the elbow of Pacer Lou Amundson that caused nine stitches on Udonis Haslem's forehead. The bravado has failed in a 2-2 series, with Miami maintaining home-court advantage and having two of three (if needed) left at home -- starting tonight. If anything the strategy has only angered and riled the Heat. "Whatever he's trying is not working," said James, of Granger. "It's stupid." Said Wade: "Is he out here to play basketball or out here to be a tough guy?" Meantime James -- with 40 points, 18 rebounds and nine assists in the Game 4 win up there -- became only the second-man in NBA history with those numbers in the postseason. Elgin Baylor did it in a game in 1961. Tonight the Heat try to build on Sunday's momentum. Big games by James and Wade can be expected. The big question as always (in Chris Bosh' continued absence) is who'll be behind door No. 3? Sunday it was Haslem with 14 points including eight in the fourth quarter after that flying elbow to his eyebrow. Any volunteers for tonight?

Read more here: G5: Pacers @ Heat: "Stupid" Indy needs to shut up and play; plus Miami no longer top bet for NBA title, Stephen Ross' mouth, Stanton slams, Van Gundy, Maxim Hot 100 & more | Greg Cote's Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog

Schedule for the rest of the week...........

Tonight: Pacers at Heat- Game 5- 8:00pm ET (TNT)
Wednesday: Celtics at 76ers- Game 6- 8:00pm ET (ESPN)
Thursday: Heat at Pacers- Game 6- 8:00pm ET (ESPN)

Saturday: 76ers at Celtics- Game 7- 3:30pm ET (ESPN) OR 8:00pm ET (ABC) *if necessary
Pacers at Heat- Game 7- 8:00pm ET (ABC) *if necessary
OR
Celtics at Heat OR Pacers- Game 1 ECF- 8:00pm ET (ABC)

Sunday: Thunder at Spurs- Game 1 WCF- 8:30pm ET (TNT)

I LOVED that Haslem stuck up for Wade, but that had to be the stupidest foul ever! If that goon for Indy gets tossed, it won't make much of a dent because he means NO WHERE near as much as to the Pacers as Haslem means to the Heat...especially with no Bosh.

He will deservedly got fined.

salsadancer7 said:
Stay classy Heat fans.....I know there is little love for fake tough guy Granger, but never applaud someone getting hurt.

Nowadays it happens almost everywhere, it's not right but it happens, just remember the people cheering at the arena are just a very small percentage of the fan base.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hart5150 said:
Nowadays it happens almost everywhere, it's not right but it happens, just remember the people cheering at the arena are just a very small percentage of the fan base.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

No excuse. I have never hoped someone would hurt Bill Lambeer or Dennis Rodman or Ron Metta Arpeace.

Prediction: Haslem suspended for next game. Pittman suspended for the begining of next season for approx. 10 games and fined heavily for this season/post season.

Charles Barkley is a two face hypocrite. He commited fouls as bad if not worse in his career and against smaller guys and has the balls to act as if he never committed a foul. And he did "his best work" when the Sixers picked up Rick Mahorn late in his career. They weren't named "Bump and Thump" for nothing....

Gimme freaking break...

Prediction: Haslem suspended for next game. Pittman suspended for the begining of next season for approx. 10 games and fined heavily for this season/post season.

i really hope haslem doesn't get suspended. and i completely understand why he did it and am more than ok with it. that's old school stuff right there. the pittman thing disgusted me big time. before any replay of that foul,when i saw pittman wink at the camera i realized this moron had just done something really stupid. completely unnecessary.putting your elbow into someones neck like that can seriously injure a person.

I love how some media and NON-Heat fans are so fickle. 1st they complain that the Heat are too soft and there is no toughness. Indiana coach starts talking crap BEFORE the Heat-Pacers series EVEN started:

"....the Heat are the biggest floppers in the league" ... HC Vogel
"...We built this this team the right way, we didn't need to added superstars..." Hibbard

And NOW that the Heat has punched back, figuratively and literally, NOW they are saying that Miami is dirty and whinny. LMAO!!!

I love how some media and NON-Heat fans are so fickle. 1st they complain that the Heat are too soft and there is no toughness. Indiana coach starts talking crap BEFORE the Heat-Pacers series EVEN started:

"....the Heat are the biggest floppers in the league" ... HC Vogel
"...We built this this team the right way, we didn't need to added superstars..." Hibbard

And NOW that the Heat has punched back, figuratively and literally, NOW they are saying that Miami is dirty and whinny. LMAO!!!

yeah i've learned to ignore it. its called HATE :D get used to it buddy boy lol.......

pacer fans sending these out today ;)

Hate-Kitty.jpg

PERFECT!

There's a runaway momentum to the Heat – a sense they've been tested and figured themselves out. They've come together at a time when they could have fallen apart. Doubters who say the team is a bunch of frontrunners who fold at the slightest adversity now have something else to consider. Whether the Heat can win a title is a question for another week. Whether they can get bruised and emerge unbowed has been answered. Now the Pacers have to answer the same question, both for themselves and for their legendary president.

Heat retaliate after Pacers' hit on Dwyane Wade with force, nastiness and LeBron James - Yahoo! Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)