NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

I sometimes wonder- what if the Heat had gone with a different big three (I.e Amare instead of LeBron) or just went with Wade/Bosh and someone else.

Amare??? No no thanks :)
I don't think they should blow this up yet. Tweak it up and give it one more shot next season. If it fails then blow it up :-(

Amare??? No no thanks :)
I don't think they should blow this up yet. Tweak it up and give it one more shot next season. If it fails then blow it up :-(

It seems like all of the Heat's money is tied up into Lebron,Wade,& Bosh,the same argument against having both Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck on the Colts next season. Apples & oranges,but it doesn't leave much money to provide for extra parts like a strong center & point guard,not to mention capable reserves for next season. It also leaves for a lot of one year contracts for the other players,because who wants to sign a long term contract for NBA "minimum wages?"

It seems like all of the Heat's money is tied up into Lebron,Wade,& Bosh,the same argument against having both Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck on the Colts next season. Apples & oranges,but it doesn't leave much money to provide for extra parts like a strong center & point guard,not to mention capable reserves for next season. It also leaves for a lot of one year contracts for the other players,because who wants to sign a long term contract for NBA "minimum wages?"
Miami is more hamstrung with future obligations than is any other team in the NBA. It isn't just that the big three are on the books for $52 million next year. That by itself is not an insurmountable problem because the NBA has a soft cap and Miami is $25 million over this year and contractually obligated to be $20 million for each of the next three years IF they keep the same team or trade scrubs for other teams scrubs.

The Miami contract situations for players 4 through 15 look like the Knicks contracts for 4-15 when Isiah Thomas was mucking things up by giving max term mid-level exceptions to players who were not going to be worth their contract values in their outyears.

The Celtics were able to stay over the nominal cap by dumping expiring contracts to players like Theo Ratliff, and might still be able to do something with the 13 million in contracts to Jermaine O'Neil and Rasheed Wallace, but the Heat do not have any scrub contracts that are suitable for dumping.

So barring some small scale chicanery, the Heat can sign one mid level exception player to a $3 million contract, and additional veterans for a million and a half each. The Celtics were able to sign Shaquille O'Neil for a minimum contract, so, as a contender, they will have first "dibs" on an end-of-the-line veteran who wants to pick up another ring, but such players are few and far between and might not have the skill set that Miami is looking for.

Last edited:
lakers up 9 going into the 4th, but they are going to blow it. kobe had a big 3rd quarter but he is bound to be tired now, especially on back to back games. to think that the Lakers could be up 2-1 right now. Just really hoping for a 2-2 series going back to OKC

No round 3 for neither L.A team this season. What else is new lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Couple of these that are clear...if you allow one team to bang(Pacers), you have to allow the other(Miami) to do the same...one. Two, who does Granger think he is?

I love how knee jerk some fans are. Following the respective Game 3's, a lot of people were talking Pacers-Celtics. Now many are saying Sixers-Heat in the ECF.

One thing's for sure: the next four nights (starting tomorrow) are gonna be very interesting!

Of course when Stern needs a win, Scott Foster refs the game.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

During Friday night's Celtics-76ers game, I swear I was waiting for Triple H to storm the court and hit KG over the head with a chair.

Yep, welcome to David Stern's NBA-WWE Playoffs. :rolleyes:

So I guess all the fair weather Heat fans will like Wade NOW because of today's game. I cannot wait to hear all the BS from those fans tomorrow.

I have said it from the beginning...they are going AT the middle of those big guys and have had plenty of good, open looks...the difference today is...those shots fell...finally.

Welcome back Udonis Haslem! We have been waiting for that mid-range jumper of yours all season.

Clips swept.
Lakers TBD

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So I guess all the fair weather Heat fans will like Wade NOW because of today's game. I cannot wait to hear all the BS from those fans tomorrow.

I have said it from the beginning...they are going AT the middle of those big guys and have had plenty of good, open looks...the difference today is...those shots fell...finally.

Welcome back Udonis Haslem! We have been waiting for that mid-range jumper of yours all season.

i hope he's truly back salsa. we can really use his game. the wannabe heat fans are actually pretty quiet today lmao. i guess they no longer want to trade wade or fire spo :rolleyes:
even if miami would've lost yesterday,getting rid of those two wasn't going to solve anything.

fantastic performance by lebron and wade. and ud's 14 were critical. the issues with the others are still there no doubt but miller can't stay healthy which is a shame. we've seen what he can do when healthy. battier actually did a pretty good job defending west especially when you consider size difference. i think west has 40 pounds over battier. heat can't expect much out of jones when he's barely played this season and has no rhythm tp his game (offensively). so we're gonna need similar performances like yesterday's from those two to be able to make it out of this series.

P.S. granger,what a PITA!

RE: Danny Granger, So he commits a hard playoff foul against LeBron and what does he do, he tries to throw an elbow. He did the same thing after Granger prevented a break away. If Lebron doesn't like people in his face put your elbows down. You guys don't want to admit it, but Dwayne Wade is a dirty player and Granger was just sticking up for his team. Of course he got a technical, and Wade gets away with his shenanigans.

RE: Danny Granger, So he commits a hard playoff foul against LeBron and what does he do, he tries to throw an elbow. He did the same thing after Granger prevented a break away. If Lebron doesn't like people in his face put your elbows down. You guys don't want to admit it, but Dwayne Wade is a dirty player and Granger was just sticking up for his team. Of course he got a technical, and Wade gets away with his shenanigans.

and of course you can't stand wade so you express yourself that way. its not about the fouls,its granger running his big mouth after a play. VERY immature. lebron raised his elbow but didn't swing into any part of grangers body did he? no contact. and please don't complain about dirty players when you have KG one of the dirtiest players in the NBA. but that's not an issue since he's on your team correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts