NBA Lockout thread

SandraC said:
Stern said he didn't think it would have been fair to lower the offer at 5PM, during the meeting, like he said he would. Part of me thinks he should have.

Sandra

If I am not mistaken, there were all kinds of rumors that the players HAD indeed caved in and what was needed to sort out were other issued. I heard from Broussard, Whitlock and a few local HEAT local beat writers.

If I am not mistaken, there were all kinds of rumors that the players HAD indeed caved in and what was needed to sort out were other issued. I heard from Broussard, Whitlock and a few local HEAT local beat writers.

LOL we all know the same group from where you get your information every time...you don't have to tell us anymore! ;)

Sandra

SandraC said:
LOL we all know the same group from where you get your information every time...you don't have to tell us anymore! ;)

Sandra

Correct... I can use other sources that cover the NBA national...and most will say the same thing. ;-)

Correct... I can use other sources that cover the NBA national...and most will say the same thing. ;-)

LOL yeah sure most of the hundreds and hundreds of reporters are saying the exact same thing. Even for you that's quite a stretch, but...Whatever. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have a serious question for you...no BS. Everything you've quoted here from Broussard, Whitlock, Wjoahoski, etc., has glorified the players side and attacked the owners side...and that's all good. We all know it's just your (and their) opinion, which, as you always say, everyone is entitled to.

You never quote anybody who says the opposite, but again...whatever. That's your choice, and I'll defend your right to make that choice.

That said, since I don't google my day away looking for things like this, I really don't know the answer here. Do your boys Broussard, Whitlock, etc., ever say anything bad about the union/players? Or good about the owners?

You never quote that here, so the question is 'Are you quoting everything they say, or just picking and choosing what supports your dogma?'

Just curious. Again, hoping for a straight answer but...well, we'll see!

Sandra

Last edited:
LOL yeah sure all hundreds and hundreds of reporters are saying the same thing. Even for you that's quite a stretch, but...Whatever. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have a serious question for you...no BS. Everything you've quoted here from Broussard, Whitlock, Wjoahoski, etc., has glorified the players side and attacked the owners side...and that's all good. We all know it's just your (and their) opinion, which, as you always say, everyone is entitled to.

You never quote anybody who says the opposite, but again...whatever. That's your choice, and I'll defend your right to make that choice.

That said, since I don't google my day away looking for things like this, I really don't know the answer here. Do your boys Broussard, Whitlock, etc., ever say anything bad about the union/players? Or good about the owners?

You never quote that here, so the question is 'Are you quoting everything they say, or just picking and choosing what supports your dogma?'

Just curious. Again, hoping for a straight answer but...well, we'll see!

Sandra

You and everyone know my stance against ownership of any professional sports. Hell, I was torn when the Marlins were trying to get a stadium because I saw 1st hand how owners manipulate the system. I saw, when I was in Chicago, when Jerry Reinsdorf held Tampa Bay hostage to the point that they "build it and they will come" ...White Sox never came.

I have quoted major national journalist AS WELL as folks in the financial fields like Forbes and and Sports Business Daily that look at the finances to all teams of all sports. They have no bias against the team, they show it to you in black and white.

Single a single reporter in the country that will admit that the the owners have given up/conceded a thing. EVERYTHING in the current CBA was to agreed to by THE OWNERS the last time. MOST to all national reporters think the players are greed, but they all agree that the owners are greedier for asking the players to bail them out...again.

I find it interesting that when Adrain Woj(I am not gonna try to spell his name) of Yahoo sports RIPPED and skewered Lebron James for how and why he came to Miami..you guys LOVED him...and now he is in the opposite scope of your thoughts...he is anti-ownership.

IF you cared to read what I have stated as far as the tweets, they have been on the status of the lack or actual negoiations, for the most part. NOTHING they have stated is an opinion as far as what the owners want...what the owners are trying to do and what they are willing to do.

There is no doubt the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Are players in the NBA over payed? HELL yeah! In some cases, 100 times over...but you sure as sh*& cannot blame the players for that...isn't this country SUPPOSED to be embrace capitolism... or does it apply ONLY to you and not professional athletes.

You and everyone know my stance against ownership of any professional sports. Hell, I was torn when the Marlins were trying to get a stadium because I saw 1st hand how owners manipulate the system. I saw, when I was in Chicago, when Jerry Reinsdorf held Tampa Bay hostage to the point that they "build it and they will come" ...White Sox never came.

I have quoted major national journalist AS WELL as folks in the financial fields like Forbes and and Sports Business Daily that look at the finances to all teams of all sports. They have no bias against the team, they show it to you in black and white.

Single a single reporter in the country that will admit that the the owners have given up/conceded a thing. EVERYTHING in the current CBA was to agreed to by THE OWNERS the last time. MOST to all national reporters think the players are greed, but they all agree that the owners are greedier for asking the players to bail them out...again.

I find it interesting that when Adrain Woj(I am not gonna try to spell his name) of Yahoo sports RIPPED and skewered Lebron James for how and why he came to Miami..you guys LOVED him...and now he is in the opposite scope of your thoughts...he is anti-ownership.

IF you cared to read what I have stated as far as the tweets, they have been on the status of the lack or actual negoiations, for the most part. NOTHING they have stated is an opinion as far as what the owners want...what the owners are trying to do and what they are willing to do.

There is no doubt the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Are players in the NBA over payed? HELL yeah! In some cases, 100 times over...but you sure as sh*& cannot blame the players for that...isn't this country SUPPOSED to be embrace capitolism... or does it apply ONLY to you and not professional athletes.

Well, I knew I was opening the gate for you to release more of your dogma, and you ran right through it. All is fine, as you and I agree you are entitled to that opinion...but you didn't answer my actual question.

Do your guys like Adrian and Broussard and Whitlock ever say anything favoring the owners and against the players/union, and you just don't quote it here? Or do your guys never say anything favoring the owners and against the players/union?

That's the only question I'm asking.

Sandra

Great Points. However, you missed stating that Both sides agreed to the CBA. The great part of negotiations is just that. They are negotiations. Each side gives up some position to gain another. I find both sides to blame for the lockout. However, I suspect we will continue to see both sides play the "victim" role as much as they can to gain a perceived favor from the public. The fact remains that the longer they (both sides) holdout for more money and not broker a deal the harder/longer it will be to return to the level of attention they were getting.

SandraC said:
Well, I knew I was opening the gate for you to release more of your dogma, and you ran right through it. All is fine, as you and I agree you are entitled to that opinion...but you didn't answer my actual question.

Do your guys like Adrian and Broussard and Whitlock ever say anything favoring the owners and against the players/union, and you just don't quote it here? Or do your guys never say anything favoring the owners and against the players/union?

That's the only question I'm asking.

Sandra

Do I think they have said anything favorable? Neither Adrian nor Broussard have agreed that the owners are "plantation owners"..neither have agreed that David Stern is racist...as well a Andande and Wilbon, all major writers, all stating the same I have stated.

I think some owners want make a deal...some absolutely not. Simple as that.

Interesting...yours is opinion..mines is "dogma".... LMAO... At least for the time being, it has been upgraded from a disguised 'jock sniffer'.

Do I think they have said anything favorable? Neither Adrian nor Broussard have agreed that the owners are "plantation owners"..neither have agreed that David Stern is racist...as well a Andande and Wilbon, all major writers, all stating the same I have stated.

I think some owners want make a deal...some absolutely not. Simple as that.

Interesting...yours is opinion..mines is "dogma".... LMAO... At least for the time being, it has been upgraded from a disguised 'jock sniffer'.

LOL even you have to agree your opinion has been extremely dogmatic!!!

Sandra

nbt6sas said:
Great Points. However, you missed stating that Both sides agreed to the CBA. The great part of negotiations is just that. They are negotiations. Each side gives up some position to gain another. I find both sides to blame for the lockout. However, I suspect we will continue to see both sides play the "victim" role as much as they can to gain a perceived favor from the public. The fact remains that the longer they (both sides) holdout for more money and not broker a deal the harder/longer it will be to return to the level of attention they were getting.

Both sides DID agree and if you ask the players, they did not want it to change and have never asked it to change.

The owners wanted it to changed.

There are no real victims here because we are talking a $4 billion dollar business.

Stern needs to step up for what is good for THE GAME....that means compromise on BOTH sides, something that the owners have not done and has been proven so. The players...and I have stated so, had a HUGE 57-43 advantage on the BRI side...but again, a mistake AGREED UPON by the owners....and again, another perfect example of them unable to control themselves to agreeing to ANOTHER bad contract.

The cycle just repeats itself from a bad player contract to a bad CBA contract.

Both sides DID agree and if you ask the players, they did not want it to change and have never asked it to change.

The owners wanted it to changed.

There are no real victims here because we are talking a $4 billion dollar business.

Stern needs to step up for what is good for THE GAME....that means compromise on BOTH sides, something that the owners have not done and has been proven so. The players...and I have stated so, had a HUGE 57-43 advantage on the BRI side...but again, a mistake AGREED UPON by the owners....and again, another perfect example of them unable to control themselves to agreeing to ANOTHER bad contract.

The cycle just repeats itself from a bad player contract to a bad CBA contract.

Goodness no, you're not dogmatic at all! LOL!!!

Same dogma, different day...but like I said, I will defend your right to keep giving your opinion!

Sandra

Rumor is there are six microphones set up in one room for the press conference when the meetings are done. Read into that what you will...

Sandra

If the talks break off, look for a faction of the players to start talking more seriously about 'decertification'...even though a lot of them probably don't even understand the ramifications of exactly what that would mean for them.

Sandra

SandraC said:
....even though a lot of them probably don't even understand the ramifications of exactly what that would mean for them.

Sandra

Now who is being dogmatic? I mean unless you know for a fact they do not know what will happen if they decertify...you are only assuming when it comes to "alot of them".

Now who is being dogmatic? I mean unless you know for a fact they do not know what will happen if they decertify...you are only assuming when it comes to "alot of them".

Jeez, rey is right LOL. Arguing for the sake of arguing here. :rolleyes:

For everyone's sake I'm not going to perpetuate this particular circle.

If you have a different opinion...that's awesome. If anyone says you are not entitled to that opinion, I will beat them with my New York Knicks basketball. :D

I promise.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)