NCAA Championship Week

Factoid for the UNC shouldn't play in NC crowd.

UNC is 25-1 in NCAA tournament games played in the state of NC. The lone loss was in Raleigh in 1979 when both dook and UNC lost in a double header played on the same day in Reynolds Coliseum (NC State's former home court). This is known around these parts as "Black Sunday."
Thank God I was just an infant then. Just hearing about that day makes me sick. :(

Yesterday, I said that Akron would kill Buffalo to continue the recent string of HD's teams beating my teams.

Well, Akron gored them Bulls.

Even though Akron is a rival to my Kent State Golden Flashes, I still have much love for the MAC conference and another Ohio team being represented in the NCAA Tourney. Also, my sister is a current student at the University of Akron.

Interesting tidbit: Zips Coach, Kieth Dambrot was Akron's St. Vincent St. Mary's high school basketball coach from 1998-2001. Dambrot was the head coach when LeBron James was on the team in High School.

I LOVE one 5-12 upset: Western Kentucky over Illinois

I wonder if the worst mascot in College Basketball will be there in person, aka "The Big Red Blob".....

WKU_Big_Red.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts