NCAA Championship Week

Even though Purdue is good, don't overlook Northern Iowa as a possible first round upset. I have sat through three of their games, and they are a good team. They have this 7'1" 315lb. corn-fed giant that is a beast to defend against, plus three other excellent players. If it wasn't for loyalty to the Missouri Valley, I'd be definitely cheering against them, but think they are not in anyway a guaranteed one-round wonder.

My Elite 8

Arizona over Michigan State (AZ proving committee right!)
Memphis over Purdue
North Carolina over Oklahoma
Duke over Pitt

My Final Four

Duke over North Carolina
Memphis over Arizona

Championship

Duke beats Memphis

What must Kentucky and NC State fans be thinking? Kentucky ran off Tubby Smith and now they've missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 18 years, and Tubby is taking Minnesota to the tournament just 2 years after the Gophers only won about 7 games.

NC State ran off Herb Sendek because they too thought they could do better. Well, they didn't land John Calipari, and fat Sid has now missed the NCAA Tournament for the 3rd straight year after 5 consecutive appearances by Herb. Now Herb is taking Arizona State to the dance just 2 years after the Sun Devils went 1-17 in the Pac Ten.

And for more salt on the wounds Louisville is #1 overall and Carolina is a 1 seed, dook is a 2 seed and Wake Forest is good again.

Funny doesn't even begin to describe this. Karma is a bitch.

Memphis over Purdue
Duke over Pitt

My Final Four

Duke over North Carolina
Memphis over Arizona

Arizona? Final Four?

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Factoid for the UNC shouldn't play in NC crowd.

UNC is 25-1 in NCAA tournament games played in the state of NC. The lone loss was in Raleigh in 1979 when both dook and UNC lost in a double header played on the same day in Reynolds Coliseum (NC State's former home court). This is known around these parts as "Black Sunday."

The lone loss was in Raleigh in 1979 when both dook and UNC lost in a double header played on the same day in Reynolds Coliseum (NC State's former home court). This is known around these parts as "Black Sunday."

Who did UNC lose to?

My Elite 8

Memphis over Purdue
Duke over Pitt

My Final Four

Duke over North Carolina
Memphis over Arizona

Championship

Duke beats Memphis

My Elite 8

West Virginia over Louisville

Memphis over Washington

Pitt over Texas

Syracuse over North Carolina

Final Four

Memphis over West Virginia

Pitt over Syracuse

Championship

Pitt wins.

Who did UNC lose to?

Sports 2000 Numbers - Greatest NCAA Tournament Upsets: No. 5

What in the name of the Atlantic Coast Conference happened in Raleigh, N.C. on March 11, 1979?

In what will forever be known as "Black Sunday" along Tobacco Road, both No. 1 seed North Carolina and second-seeded Duke succumbed on home turf in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. It was perhaps the most shocking day in ACC hoops history.

No. 9 Penn edged North Carolina 72-71, and then No. 10 St. John's nipped Duke, 80-78.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts