NCAA Championship Week

I think St. Mary's should have got in over Arizona, other than that I'm cool with the selections.

I wish the regions were more balanced, however. The Midwest is a minefield!

I love the path of the Blue Devils . . . Binghamton and then Texas or Minnesota . . . ah; looking good so far!
You won't love playing in front of 20,000 Carolina fans cheering for dook to lose. Texas just got a gift. They'll feel like they're playing in Austin. dook's season will end next weekend.

Difference is that FedEx Forum is Memphis' homecourt. Greensboro is not Carolina's homecourt. Villanova is gaming the system though. They played 4 home games at the Wachovia Center. That's as much a home court to them as Hartford is to UConn. The NCAA should not allow that. I have no probelm with Villanova playing in Philly so long as they don't play regular season games at the Wachovia Center.

Pitt did that one year when Duquesne hosted a series, that was before the Peterson event center opened and they played a few games at mellon arena even though most of their games was at the Fitzgerld fieldhouse.

You won't love playing in front of 20,000 Carolina fans cheering for dook to lose. Texas just got a gift. They'll feel like they're playing in Austin. dook's season will end next weekend.

2 weeks ago I would have not put up a huge argument - however, with recent lineup changes and the defense stepping up in the ACC Tourney, I don't see this as a factor

SEE YOU IN THE FINAL FOUR !!!!!!!!!

Penn State's out of conference strength of schedule was over 300. That's why they aren't in and I agree that they shouldn't be in. I will agree that Zona should be out.
Agreed. Penn St stinks. Arizona doesn't deserve to be in the field. San Diego St was robbed IMO. They made it to the finals of the MWC tournament and still get denied, and they pushed their RPI to 34, while Arizona had an RPI of 62. That's straight Bullsh!t.

I LOVE one 5-12 upset: Western Kentucky over Illinois

Also, VCU (11) over (6) UCLA is almost TOO obvious, but I'm still going with it.

But at least the fans get to stay in the same state. This year is pretty good for Pitt, Dayton is only 5 hours away.

Most of the years Pitt has to play far away. One year Pitt did get to play in Pittsburgh.

But the rule says you can't play on your home court. It doesn't say you can't play in your home state. Greensboro is about an hour or so away from Chapel Hill.

2 weeks ago I would have not put up a huge argument - however, with recent lineup changes and the defense stepping up in the ACC Tourney, I don't see this as a factor

SEE YOU IN THE FINAL FOUR !!!!!!!!!
If Dexter Pittman matches his 18 point/20 rebound effort he had in the Big XII tourney he will eat dook's midget defenders alive.

Agreed. Penn St stinks. Arizona doesn't deserve to be in the field. San Diego St was robbed IMO. They made it to the finals of the MWC tournament and still get denied, and they pushed their RPI to 34, while Arizona had an RPI of 62. That's straight Bullsh!t.

Completey agree. San Diego State should've got in ahead of Zona.

But the rule says you can't play on your home court. It doesn't say you can't play in your home state. Greensboro is about an hour or so away from Chapel Hill.

All I'm saying is it always seems that NC and Duke always plays in NC.

I would love Pitt to always play in PA.

If BC can get by USC (which I think they will), I like their chances of beating Michigan St. and advancing to the Sweet Sixteen.

You know, Jonathon Coachman just interviewed Steve Fisher, coach of San Diego St. and he brought up a good point. He had hope that they would get in because they beat Utah and Utah had won there conference tourney.

Btw, look at Bob Knight tonight. He sounds like the voice of reason. Hell has frozen over.

My upset picks:

#15 Robert Morris over #2 Michigan State (Yes, you heard me!)

#11 Utah State over #6 Marquette (I have a mancrush on the Aggies, plus don't forget the injury to Dominic James)

#11 VCU over #6 UCLA (VCU beat a not-so-great Duke as a #6 a few years back)

#14 American over #3 Villanova (WAY too overseeded!)

#12 Western Kentucky over #5 Illinois (WKU got to the Sweet 16 last year as a #12- good karma!)

#15 Robert Morris over #2 Michigan State (Yes, you heard me!)

RM isn't that good, trust me.

#11 Utah State over #6 Marquette (I have a mancrush on the Aggies, plus don't forget the injury to Dominic James)

Agreed

#11 VCU over #6 UCLA (VCU beat a not-so-great Duke as a #6 a few years back)

Agreed.

#14 American over #3 Villanova (WAY too overseeded!)

Villanova is a good team, they beat Pitt this year.

#12 Western Kentucky over #5 Illinois (WKU got to the Sweet 16 last year as a #12- good karma!)

Agreed.

If BC can get by USC (which I think they will), I like their chances of beating Michigan St. and advancing to the Sweet Sixteen.
BC's a tough matchup for anyone with that flex offense. I like their chances aginst USC. Playing Michigan St would be like a cage fight. I can't go with BC there, too inconsistent, but it will be physical.

The dark horse I've got is Florida St. They will get to the Sweet 16 and play Pitt. They played them in Dec and only lost by 4 or 5 points. If they get a rematch I think they win. Toney Douglas is exactly the type of guy who can carry a team to a big upset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts