NCAA Football 2011-2012

Derwin - bloom coming off of the Paul Johnson flower, eh?
Not really. We suffered long under Chan Gailey, without a single win against UGA. Paul managed that his first year and kept us competitive. The offense is okay now, but the defense reaks, that needs to be taken care of.

IMO Boise St plays well in bowl games because they have a month to prepare and it means something to them. Most of the other schools really don't care anymore unless it is the BCS title game.
Then what was Alabama excuse when Utah whipped them in the Sugar Bowl? It may not have been the BCS title game, but them southern boys take the Sugar Bowl seriously.

I'm sure Georgia is going to take the Chickfila kickoff seriously, unfortunately I don't think the Dawgs will be able to handle Boise St.

Not really. We suffered long under Chan Gailey, without a single win against UGA. Paul managed that his first year and kept us competitive. The offense is okay now, but the defense reaks, that needs to be taken care of.

was that because of him being good? or GA just being crappy the last several years?

was that because of him being good? or GA just being crappy the last several years?
There is that, but Chan would find a way to lose against the crappy UGA teams.

Plus he never got us an ACC title. Chan was a good recruiter, but couldn't do anything with the talent. Plus he never endeared himself to the almuni.

Sooners lose linebacker Travis Lewis for 8 weeks with broken foot. That will hurt them in the Fla St and Missouri game and possibly the Texas game as it is the game at the 8 week mark.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm interested to see how TCU does this year in their new conference ...
EVERY Road game is a seriously LONG road trip.

Common misconception. Take a look at TCU's conference road games this year:

@ Air Force (593 miles)
@ SDSU (1300 miles)
@ Wyoming (744 miles)
@ Boise (1600 miles)

Their first season in the BE, they'll play:
@ UConn (1700 miles)
@ Pitt (1250 miles)
@ Rutgers (1500 miles)
@ Cuse (1500 miles)

...but check out the next year...
@ WVU (1200 miles)
@ USF (1100 miles)
@Cincy (970 miles)
@ Ville (870 miles)

That's actually a good balance for them, as the longer flights are to biggest hubs, so easiest to get to. There is a BIG difference between flying 1600 miles to Boise and 1700 to CT.

When is Texas A&M going to get over themselves? All I've heard tonight is rumors of them talking moving to the SEC.
The Big 12 is a sinking ship, and we all know it. It was a mistake to let Beebe talk us into staying last summer except that our football program needs another season or two to be able to compete in the SEC.

I am sorry that Boone Pickens money isn't enough to make any major conference interested in the Pokes. All I can say is hold on to OU for dear life and maybe you will land somewhere.

The Big 12 is a sinking ship, and we all know it. It was a mistake to let Beebe talk us into staying last summer except that our football program needs another season or two to be able to compete in the SEC.
You are probably right, and while the thought of an expanded conference with some good teams is interesting, I do not want to see college football go the way of 4 super conferences.
Everyone complains about the little guys getting left out now.....just wait.

I don't see the Big 12 going anywhere. A&M in the SEC is still just a mid to upper level major conference team, they might make a conference championship game once every 10 or 12 years.

I have no desire to see all these super conferences either. My opinion is they should limit the conferences to 10, so you have a real conference champion where everyone plays each other and you develop some great rivalry's. One of the greatest rivalries in college football, OU/Nebraska was lost because of the split divisions.

I don't see the Big 12 going anywhere. A&M in the SEC is still just a mid to upper level major conference team, they might make a conference championship game once every 10 or 12 years.

I have no desire to see all these super conferences either. My opinion is they should limit the conferences to 10, so you have a real conference champion where everyone plays each other and you develop some great rivalry's. One of the greatest rivalries in college football, OU/Nebraska was lost because of the split divisions.

Done correctly, like the SEC, I love the split divisions and the CCG. Nearly all of the major rivalries were kept, and you get another big game to round it all out.

I don't like any additions. Why would we need anyone else added? Plenty of money and can't argue with the results.

I don't like any additions. Why would we need anyone else added? Plenty of money and can't argue with the results.

Plenty of MONEY ?

This is the conference that started the Money grubbing Conference Championship Game.
Why, so one of thier TOP teams could automatically drop in the polls and potentially miss a BIG payout Bowl GAME.
Seeing someone has to lose , and it would be very late in the year, doesn't get any later.

Plenty of MONEY ?

This is the conference that started the Money grubbing Conference Championship Game.
Why, so one of thier TOP teams could automatically drop in the polls and potentially miss a BIG payout Bowl GAME.
Seeing someone has to lose , and it would be very late in the year, doesn't get any later.

Plenty of money? Yes.

Huge TV deals, the CG brings in alot of revenue, and as I said, cant argue with the results. Having a championship game has not kept any of our top teams out of the NCG (or a big bowl for that matter). It has in fact propelled a few into that (those) games, and they have done quite nicely.

Plenty of money? Yes.

Huge TV deals, the CG brings in alot of revenue, and as I said, cant argue with the results. Having a championship game has not kept any of our top teams out of the NCG (or a big bowl for that matter). It has in fact propelled a few into that (those) games, and they have done quite nicely.

What?
The CCG has to have dropped a team that expected (hoped) to make the MNC game to a lesser BSC game.

Ex. of this happening in the B10, Ohio State and Michigan were 1 and 2 at the end of the year ... they play in this CCG and one would have been knocked out of the BCS entirely (hypothetically) ... instead of being ranked in a position that would have then BOTH in highly regarded games.

What?
The CCG has to have dropped a team that expected (hoped) to make the MNC game to a lesser BSC game.
I guess it kind of happend when Bama played Florida a couple of years ago in the CCG. They were number 1 and number 2. Bama lost, and didnt go to the NCG, but Florida did, and won it. Bama still went to a major BCS bowl (the sugar). No big loss for the conference there.

The only year I can think of off hand where the CCG didnt help us (but still didnt hurt us at all) was in 04 when Auburn went undefeated and did not make the NCG. They still wouldnt have made it had we not had the CCG though.

Im no seeing the downside of the way the SEC is set up (and the SEC is the whole basis for my part of the discussion). They have plenty of money, and the results for the league as is have been fantastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)