NCAA Football 2011-2012

If A&M wants out so bad, they are going to have to step up and make a departure plan with the Big 12. Once they are free from the Big 12 I'm sure the SEC will welcome them with open arms. It's A&M that is going to have to take the leap of faith. The SEC wants no part of a possible billion dollar lawsuit for doing anything that could be construed as interfering with the Big 12's tv contracts. All the articles I have read suggests Slive told A&M to take a look at the legal ramifications. The SEC doesn't want to be seen as the instigator of destroying a conference or conferences if they ended raiding the ACC also. A&M just went off half cocked. It will be interesting to see if they go ahead and give their 1 or 2 year notice to leave tomorrow.

Without the Longhorn network, nothing would be talked about at this time. Blame Texas not A&M for eventually dissolving the Big 12 sooner than later. (Yes, it will happen)
What do they say about contracts? (tv or any kind) Contracts are made to be........

All of this has made me finally create a Twitter account. Brent Zwerneman is the Aggie Football beat writer for the San Antonio Express-News, Houston Chronicle, and Bryan-College Station Eagle. Chip Brown writes for orangebloods.com.

---------------------------
BrentZwerneman Brent Zwerneman
I've just been told discussions are absolutely not dead between A&M and SEC -- this is all part of the legal maneuvering.

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
Texas A&M's buyout (exit fees) could reach $30 million to leave the Big 12, sources tell Orangebloods.com (free) ...

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
Sources tell Orangebloods.com the #SEC has hit 'pause button', but expansion plans with A&M in no way dead (free)....

BrentZwerneman Brent Zwerneman
My understanding is this is all part of the (convoluted) legal process to avoid potential lawsuits -- A&M courted SEC, not vice versa.

Last edited:
I went and found a story from when Nebraska left the Big 12. They left, voted to join the Big Ten, and were accepted... in that order.
Nebraska Cornhuskers accept offer to join Big Ten - ESPN

I cannot imagine that Loftin (our president) didn't have our lawyers going to through all of the possibilities before anything was said publicly. The SEC is obviously trying to target any potential lawsuit from them to us. I understand that completely, but I don't think that we would be this far in the process if our lawyers weren't convinced that any lawsuit would be baseless. As for a potential $30 million buyout, Lowry Mays (the man who single-handedly destroyed American radio) would pay that in a heartbeat to be done with Commissioner Dodds and the Bevo 9.

Our AD Bill Byrne has been in Europe. Our basketball team is playing in some bizarre Scandinavian off-season tournament. He had been scheduled to return Wednesday but is now apparently returning tomorrow.

I think the publicity is what is going to hurt them. They are going to have to settle the tv contracts part. There has been enough said publicly to imply tort interference on the SEC's part and take this to court. We know A&M wants to leave and the Big 12 wants them to leave, but I think they are stuck until the tv contracts can be settled again. That includes what numbers $$$$$ will be available for adding 1,2 or 3 teams to the league.

As for the naysayers about the Big 12, it is not going anywhere. The dominant schools are happy with the money and the bottom half of the conference is getting more money for football programs than they would get from lesser conferences, after that it means satisfy the alumni and fan base with championships. The Big 12 is the simplest route for OU,Texas, OSU and Missouri to get BCS bids. Going independent or to a conference with almost twice as many teams makes that goal very tough.

osu1991 said:
I think the publicity is what is going to hurt them. They are going to have to settle the tv contracts part. There has been enough said publicly to imply tort interference on the SEC's part and take this to court. We know A&M wants to leave and the Big 12 wants them to leave, but I think they are stuck until the tv contracts can be settled again. That includes what numbers $$$$$ will be available for adding 1,2 or 3 teams to the league.

As for the naysayers about the Big 12, it is not going anywhere. The dominant schools are happy with the money and the bottom half of the conference is getting more money for football programs than they would get from lesser conferences, after that it means satisfy the alumni and fan base with championships. The Big 12 is the simplest route for OU,Texas, OSU and Missouri to get BCS bids. Going independent or to a conference with almost twice as many teams makes that goal very tough.

Missouri is going to leave, and the rest of you will still be treated like Texas's little brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

From orangebloods.com
Orangebloods.com - Sources: A&M will be announced in SEC in 21 days
A source locked into Texas A&M's situation said the Aggies will be announced as members of the Southeastern Conference beginning in 2012 within 21 days.

"Texas A&M wants the SEC, and the SEC wants Texas A&M," the source said.

The SEC presidents met Sunday and decided to take no action on Texas A&M but certainly left the door open.

"We discussed criteria and process associated with expansion," said Florida president Bernie Machen, chairman of the SEC presidents and chancellors, in a statement.

The A&M source said the process to complete A&M's move from the Big 12 to the SEC was always expected to take two to three weeks. That process continues uninterrupted, the source said.

It's just content added to CBS All-Access which almost all of the Bevo 9 was already using. I keep a subscription in the Spring so that I can watch baseball online.

College Sports Official Athletic Site

I know, I keep the same type of subscription to watch my niece's soccer games. The post was meant as some comic relieve.

Maybe you will like this oldie.

Four college alumni were climbing a mountain one day: an Oklahoma grad, a Texas grad, a Florida grad, and a Notre Dame grad. Each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans at their alma mater.
As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all.
They argued all the way up the mountain, and when they reached the top, the Notre Dame grad hurled himself off the mountain, shouting "This is for the Fighting Irish!" as he fell to his doom.
Not wanting to be out done, the Florida grad threw himself off the mountain proclaiming, "This is for the Gators!"
Seeing this, the OU grad walked over and shouted "This is for the Sooners!" and pushed the Longhorn fan off the side of the mountain.

I hope the SEC doesn't add anyone. It will dilute the water for bowl games in the SEC. My Wildcats may not get one then. :D

You know,for all of the harping I did about Andrew Luck being the next big QB to enter the 2012 NFL Draft,I just found out that he is a Redshirt Junior. I guess I need to get all of the facts straight when I talk about him. Anyway,this article calls Kellen Moore the best QB this year in college football. Position rankings: Kellen Moore is top QB - NCAA Football - Sporting News
I probably would agree,but I'd imagine his size(or lack of) would hinder him in the NFL,or at least color their perception of drafting him & in which round.

You know,for all of the harping I did about Andrew Luck being the next big QB to enter the 2012 NFL Draft,I just found out that he is a Redshirt Junior. I guess I need to get all of the facts straight when I talk about him. Anyway,this article calls Kellen Moore the best QB this year in college football. Position rankings: Kellen Moore is top QB - NCAA Football - Sporting News
I probably would agree,but I'd imagine his size(or lack of) would hinder him in the NFL,or at least color their perception of drafting him & in which round.

Is he Boise State's QB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts