NCAA Football 2011-2012

It's going to be tough now. The NCAA is getting involved somewhat and acc and big east is starting to voice concerns also. I think there is going to be some criteria and compensation involved in conference jumping now. It may turn out like trading players in the pro's.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It's going to be tough now. The NCAA is getting involved somewhat and acc and big east is starting to voice concerns also. I think there is going to be some criteria and compensation involved in conference jumping now. It may turn out like trading players in the pro's.

And the conferences are going to make it harder and more expensive to jump ship now as well.

The NCAA has no power over schools juoining or leaving conferences. The courts have already ruled that the NCAA has no power over a schools associations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/16/s...-on-conference-expansion.html?_r=2&ref=sports
Mark Emmert, the president of the N.C.A.A., reached out to several top college officials Monday, suggesting a meeting to discuss a less cannibalistic and more collegial way to approach conference expansion.

“I think people have asked him to make some phone calls,” Pacific-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said. “He’s doing exactly what he should be doing.” [...] “Those conversations start and stop with that there’s no N.C.A.A. authority on these topics,” Scott said.

The anti-trust lawsuit that OU and UGA won against the NCAA pretty much ended any chance of the NCAA interferring with conference affairs.

Last edited:
Yeah but these super conferences have the potential to mess with the NCAA basketball tournament and so the NCAA will find a way to become involved either directly or indirectly.

Yeah but these super conferences have the potential to mess with the NCAA basketball tournament and so the NCAA will find a way to become involved either directly or indirectly.

The amounts of money that the NCAA gives the schools/conferences from the NCAA basketball tournament pales in comparison to what the schools/conferences get from football and their own basketball tournaments/regular seasons.

For example, the Big East gets the most money from the NCAA basketball tournament, about $14.85 million. They get that amount from just the BCS game. Not to mention the other bowl tie-ins, regular season football & basketball tv contracts, and their own conference tournament.

So even with the NCAA basketball tournament, the NCAA has no leverage.

I saw this at an A&M fan site today. It's "A&M's official gmail account." Some of the more obscure references may be lost on most of you, but it's very well done.

Texas-am-inbox-logo.jpg

Got the mailbox cover up!

Let's see how long it will last this year. I always take it down after the first loss (provided it isn't taken down for me by some Bucknut or UK hillbilly ;)). Last year was a new record for me up here in Ohio...lasted 8 weeks into the season! Hope it doesn't go down after the season opener.

Geaux Tigers!

LSU Mailbox 001.jpg
pencil.png

Isnt it a felony to tamper with a mail box? May not extend to the cover, but it damn well should.
Id be inclined to "go postal" if someone vandalized mine.

Isnt it a felony to tamper with a mail box? May not extend to the cover, but it damn well should.
Id be inclined to "go postal" if someone vandalized mine.
I thought you were talking about me for a second. You weren't, were you? :D

But do you really show your colors and sport a Corn Dog Nation shirt?
;)

001-10092_3.jpg
LOL! You Aggies just wait until you join the SEC. We'll all make UT look like your sister college. :D

Let's see how long it will last this year. I always take it down after the first loss (provided it isn't taken down for me by some Bucknut or UK hillbilly ;)). Last year was a new record for me up here in Ohio...lasted 8 weeks into the season! Hope it doesn't go down after the season opener.

Geaux Tigers!

View attachment 68893
pencil.png

:mad::rant::rant::D

Big East Expansion?

When will Ohio State get the final resolution from the NCAA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)