NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehe NP bro.No apology required.:) Just differences of opinion that's all.It is a great debate though.

i say thank you to those who can debate like adults,making my job so much easier. you guys are a great example that this can be done.

Hmmm, IF the NCAA doesn't really control College Football, then Ohio State COULD actually play another team this post season and just not be ... whats the word, sanctioned ...

Also wondering IF Ohio State was eligible, where would they be ranked in the BSC polls ?

In the very first one they Did rank them (someone did in the bcs), but then didn't after that, which I understand, just wondering.

Also wondering IF Ohio State was eligible, where would they be ranked in the BSC polls ?

In the very first one they Did rank them (someone did in the bcs), but then didn't after that, which I understand, just wondering.

They are ranked #6 in the AP poll. My guess is that they would be close to that. Since it is only a spot or two off from what the BCS is atm.

They are ranked #6 in the AP poll. My guess is that they would be close to that. Since it is only a spot or two off from what the BCS is atm.
Being undefeated and having Meyers as head coach, I'm thinking Ohio State would be ranked 4th, or at the lowest 5th, in the BCS. Coaches poll would have them ranked higher than the AP, and probably others as well.

Being undefeated and having Meyers as head coach, I'm thinking Ohio State would be ranked 4th, or at the lowest 5th, in the BCS. Coaches poll would have them ranked higher than the AP, and probably others as well.

Ya but I think the computers would drag them down to 6th, maybe 5th if they were lucky. Problem is the whole big 10 has been losing most of its ooc games dragging down the SOS.

Actually they can't. The NCAA used to have a tight reign on television contracts, until Oklahoma & Georgia sued them. As a result, the NCAA has no control whatsoever, and as such the conferences control the contracts, and only because the schools assign them the rights.

Besides, to change the rules, the NCAA needs a good majority of the schools to vote on it. No way the schools vote the NCAA more power.

Btw, the BCS wasn't created by the NCAA, it was created by the 5 BCS conferences.

Good points.I still say that without the NCAA or their support there would be no college football.

That said I'm done arguing my case lol. We'll just have to agree to disagree.:)

I still hold out the slightest of hope that one day soon we will see a true playoff system.I could live with 16 team playoff.

Good points.I still say that without the NCAA or their support there would be no college football.

That said I'm done arguing my case lol. We'll just have to agree to disagree.:)

I still hold out the slightest of hope that one day soon we will see a true playoff system.I could live with 16 team playoff.

Paul and I had been working on figuring out all the details of this back in , oh, '08 I think it was, we were counting on a 12 or 16 team playoff, NEVER going any higher than 16.

I think they'd be higher. Either 3 or 4, possibly 2nd.

Computers would probably have them above Oregon, behind Notre Dame and Kansas St. like they do now.

How the 4 would stack up in the final compilation of the polls would be interesting, as Ohio St. would siphon some #1's off of Oregon. Either way though, they wouldn't be lower than 4th.

In the end though, there's no one to blame but the vest for intentionally turning a blind eye and then lying about it.

I think they'd be higher. Either 3 or 4, possibly 2nd.

Computers would probably have them above Oregon, behind Notre Dame and Kansas St. like they do now.

How the 4 would stack up in the final compilation of the polls would be interesting, as Ohio St. would siphon some #1's off of Oregon. Either way though, they wouldn't be lower than 4th.

In the end though, there's no one to blame but the vest for intentionally turning a blind eye and then lying about it.

I wish there was a better way to do this, this goes for all schools, players break the rules, even the ticky tack ones that have nothing to do with playing the game, but it's sad how the players that were involved are gone and the rest of the teams have to play the price for years to come.

Personally, after watching all the Buckeyes games, the Offense is coming along, but no where near consistent enough to hang with the TOP teams, the D is also coming along, but also has a lot of holes, LB has been poor most of the year but they are getting some healthy, so maybe that will help, they have 2 HUGE games left that will tell alot as far as where this team is on both sides of the ball.

If they go out and win both the remaining games, IN Wisconsin and home against rival Michigan, that will go a long way to solidifying thier position in the rankings.
I think they are top 10 at the moment, but don't think top 5, then again , someones gotta be there.

I noticed they were tied with Georgia for 5th last week, Bucks were off and Georgia won, so the Bucks LOST a spot ? You lose a spot by not playing ?

A closer look at the upcoming "playoff" plan.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...approve-access-for-non-bcs-schools-in-playoff

A six-bowl, four-team college playoff has been approved that would give automatic access to the highest rated "Group of Five" team, the BCS announced Monday afternoon.
The BCS Presidential Oversight Committee approved the structure in a brief meeting here. Five months after approving a playoff, the presidents figured out the complicated process of giving the game's least-invested programs a spot at the table.
"I think it's all fair," said Texas president Bill Powers. "A lot of hard work went into this."
The Group of Five are the so-called non-BCS schools (Mountain West, Big East, MAC, Sun Belt, Conference USA) that were seeking a guaranteed spot in the system. The highest-ranked of those teams beginning in 2014 will play in one of the three "host" -- or open -- bowls. Those bowls are still to be determined.

So basically we still have a BCS type system with a four team playoff sitting on top of it. Better access to a mid major though.

Unlike the BCS, there is no ranking threshold for that Group of Five team. If Marshall is the highest ranked at No. 37, it would be in. If a playoff were in place right now, that team would be Louisville.

This could be made so simple, but no.....lol

The Big East loses it's BCS AQ status. I see Boise St. backing out shortly. No gain by being in the Big East over the Mountain West, except higher travel costs.

The Big East loses it's BCS AQ status. I see Boise St. backing out shortly. No gain by being in the Big East over the Mountain West, except higher travel costs.
I saw that as well. If it stays as such, yes Boise should, and probably will back out of the move. They would have a much better travel schedule, and an easier inroad to the money games.

I do not see that staying. They will most likely get a tie in to one of the six (some yet to be named) bowls much in the way of the other current BCS schools.

I sure hope that my Wildcats get a good coach that can bring this team to something respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Hypothetical: If Tebow and Te'o collided the results would be:

NFL Championship Sunday Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)