NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hate it? It proves 2 things, ONE: Florida is no where near as good as people thought they were and TWO: Louisville is no where near as weak as most presummed.

Anything I say will sound as an excuse, but I will say it anyway. lol

The same as when Bama played Utah is what I believe happened here. Yes, Utah beat us up and down the field, and won the game. That said, I can not find many honest people that can say with a straight face that Utah was the better team.

Same thing here IMO. UL outplayed them and beat them soundly. I still think Florida is the better team. They simply were not that day.

These types of games are letdown games for some bigger schools coming off of a big year. Florida did not want to play in this, and UL had tons to play for. The result, IMO, is what we got.

I would say the same if it were a "name brand" Big 12/Pac 12/Big 10 team in that situation.

It happens a lot. Oklahoma was beaten twice in the Fiesta bowl when they came in disinterested. It's up to the coach to motivate they players to do well, and up to the players to have enough pride to perform at the highest level. Even if you're from an "elite" conference, you can't just throw your helmets on the field and declare victory when the other guy is motivated.

It happens a lot. Oklahoma was beaten twice in the Fiesta bowl when they came in disinterested. It's up to the coach to motivate they players to do well, and up to the players to have enough pride to perform at the highest level. Even if you're from an "elite" conference, you can't just throw your helmets on the field and declare victory when the other guy is motivated.

I agree.

The same as when Bama played Utah is what I believe happened here. Yes, Utah beat us up and down the field, and won the game. That said, I can not find many honest people that can say with a straight face that Utah was the better team.

Same thing here IMO. UL outplayed them and beat them soundly. I still think Florida is the better team. They simply were not that day.

These types of games are letdown games for some bigger schools coming off of a big year. Florida did not want to play in this, and UL had tons to play for. The result, IMO, is what we got.

I would say the same if it were a "name brand" Big 12/Pac 12/Big 10 team in that situation.

I don't think so. I think considering where most of the talented players from Louisville came from, they are EXACTLY as good. The best players that Louisville had are EXACTLY the same players team from The U, the Gator and FSU(as well as the LSUs...Bridgewater had ideas of going there... Alabamas and South Carolinas as well) recruit every single day. They just chose a different school.

We will never, but I am willing to bet that if they played 9 more times they would break even. One university's 3 star recruits is another's 1st team all-american.

Last edited:

I agree that Florida is probably a better team than Louisville. That is the beauty of the postseason in just about every sport at every level. They best teams often lose in the postseason. That's why they play the games. It's not about who would win 9 out of 10 times. It's about who will win on that day.

Cinderellas make deep runs in march madness every year. The MLB team with the best regular season record rarely wins the World Series. The Giants barely made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl etc... The regular season in sports is what gets you into the postseason and seeds you but that doesn't mean you will see similar results. It's all about who is hot at the right time of the year.

No doubt about it Louisville kicked FLAs butt and the score didnt do justice. It was not as close as the 10 point difference would have you believe. FLA flat out got out played and it was obvious which team had something to prove, and which team just thought they could walk in and walk out with a trophy. Charlie Strong had his boys ready and it shows why he is such a great coach. Very disappointed in my Gators performance, I expected our offense to be this way but our defense really let me down. Louisville threw the ball all over the place whenever they wanted to. We shut down the run for the most part, but our pass defense was absolutely horrid. Way to many guys open. There were many passes that were just to hard to defend (perfect throws to perfect spots) but more often than not it seemed their receivers just was able to get to much space against our defense.

GO GATORS!!!

That all said I am not at all disappointed in the season we had. Looking at my first posts before the season started I was wondering if wed even be an above .500 team. Making a BCS bowl was way out of where I thought we'd be specially coming off the previous season where we only beat .500 by the skin of our teeth. Next year I only expect more. As we have on paper one of the best recruiting classes in Gator history. Lets hope they all live up to the hype.

Aw c'mon, can't you say OVER RATED.......... I know you can...

Aw c'mon, can't you say OVER RATED.......... I know you can...

Why would they be over rated? This is only FLAs second loss. and it was to the Big East Champion. Ok I understand its the big east and I understand FLA should've beat them, but its not like they were playing an school from div2. Charlie Strong had his guys ready to play and they simply kicked our butt. Could they do it 2 out of 3? Odds are no, but last night they were with out a doubt the better and more prepared team. Are they an over all better team? No way anyone would think that. FLA has many times over the number of NFL players and first and second round draft picks compared to Louisville. They are by far the more talented team. But last night they were not the better team.

So Over Rated does not even come into the Picture.. Over Rated would be say USC for example. #1 to un ranked. That was over rated. FLA Losing 2 games all year (when we were expected to be a 4-5 loss team easy) is certainly living up higher than expectations. Fla was ranked #23 in the pre season and got to where it was by winning football games.

Why would they be over rated? This is only FLAs second loss. and it was to the Big East Champion. Ok I understand its the big east and I understand FLA should've beat them, but its not like they were playing an school from div2. Charlie Strong had his guys ready to play and they simply kicked our butt. Could they do it 2 out of 3? Odds are no, but last night they were with out a doubt the better and more prepared team. Are they an over all better team? No way anyone would think that. FLA has many times over the number of NFL players and first and second round draft picks compared to Louisville. They are by far the more talented team. But last night they were not the better team.

So Over Rated does not even come into the Picture.. Over Rated would be say USC for example. #1 to un ranked. That was over rated. FLA Losing 2 games all year (when we were expected to be a 4-5 loss team easy) is certainly living up higher than expectations. Fla was ranked #23 in the pre season and got to where it was by winning football games.

Some statements here are complete assumptions. You do not know if Louisville could beat you again or they are not better. ALOT of the same players that beat the Gators last night were recruited by YOUR Gators. Like I stated, Teddy Bridgewater was a top 5 QB that was this close from going to LSU after he chose out of going to The U because they fired Randy Shannon. These kids down here, whether they are playing basketball or football, they all know each other from camps they ALL go to. The difference sometimes, when it comes to talent is nothing. What Florida as done as far as NFL talent IN THE PAST has NOTHING to do with last nights game and the talent that played last night. Florida does have a better history of NFL talent IN THE PAST, but what is playing in the NFL has little to do with last night and who is better now.

Here is a graph with the cities and regions that produce the most NFL players(Louisville was loaded with players from southeast Florida...guess who is one the top cities? Yep, Miami)

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/ar...-parts-country-produce-most-nfl-players/1840/

Here is a top ten of the schools with the most current NFL players: (last count, in 2010, there were 35 players from Louisville)

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/45123/usc-cal-among-top-10-producing-nfl-players

At the present time, there are 32 players in the NFL

Some statements here are complete assumptions. You do not know if Louisville could beat you again or they are not better. ALOT of the same players that beat the Gators last night were recruited by YOUR Gators. Like I stated, Teddy Bridgewater was a top 5 QB that was this close from going to LSU after he chose out of going to The U because they fired Randy Shannon. These kids down here, whether they are playing basketball or football, they all know each other from camps they ALL go to. The difference sometimes, when it comes to talent is nothing. What Florida as done as far as NFL talent IN THE PAST has NOTHING to do with last nights game and the talent that played last night. Florida does have a better history of NFL talent IN THE PAST, but what is playing in the NFL has little to do with last night and who is better now.

Here is a graph with the cities and regions that produce the most NFL players(Louisville was loaded with players from southeast Florida...guess who is one the top cities? Yep, Miami)

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/ar...-parts-country-produce-most-nfl-players/1840/

Here is a top ten of the schools with the most current NFL players: (last count, in 2010, there were 35 players from Louisville)

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/45123/usc-cal-among-top-10-producing-nfl-players

At the present time, there are 32 players in the NFL

I never said they didnt have a talented team nor that their QB was not a beast.

And as far as NFL talent I was talking about this year on the field last night. FLA has at minimum 2 first round defensive players. Elam (one of them) already said today he was entering the draft. There are 2-3 expected first/second round linemen on this team. (have yet to declare if staying or going). Louisville will be lucky to have 1 player in the first 1-2 rounds. Bridgewater will probably be the one.

I am not trying to take away from Louisville or say they are not a talented team at all, but they certainly do not compare to the top teams in the BCS as far as over all depth and talent.

Also your link I dont think serves your argument at all.. It shows FLA as #7 in the country with most produced NFL talent. Louisville is not even ranked on that list. The list says its as of 2012.

Evil! LOL! All kidding aside, I do not think Florida is overrated...I just think EVERYONE underestimated how good Louisville is. And they are VERY young, only 7 seniors on the entire team, if I read correctly.

Just having fun :D lol :)

I never said they didnt have a talented team nor that their QB was not a beast.

And as far as NFL talent I was talking about this year on the field last night. FLA has at minimum 2 first round defensive players. Elam (one of them) already said today he was entering the draft. There are 2-3 expected first/second round linemen on this team. (have yet to declare if staying or going). Louisville will be lucky to have 1 player in the first 1-2 rounds. Bridgewater will probably be the one.

Saying you are declaring and actually being a 1st rounder are 2 different things. Alot of players declare early because a agent promises they will get drafted in the 1st round. It all depends on some of those teams needs. That also applies to Louisville as well. You gotta also take into consideration, being drafted in the 1st round does not mean instant success.

I am not trying to take away from Louisville or say they are not a talented team at all, but they certainly do not compare to the top teams in the BCS as far as over all depth and talent.

This goes back to all this SEC, SEC, SEC...LOL! In the link I added, it shows Miami and USC with far more players in the NFL than Florida, though those teams in college have not done very well as compared to Florida, but the fact that they have MORE player currently in the NFL PROVE that they have more talent and depth than Florida? Maybe those players did not mature/peak skill-wise UNTIL the NFL?

Also your link I dont think serves your argument at all.. It shows FLA as #7 in the country with most produced NFL talent. Louisville is not even ranked on that list. The list says its as of 2012.

And hence why I stated in parenthesis, "last count, in 2010, there were 35 players from Louisville".

Public service announcement - my crappy team managed to beat Louisville, at Louisville, and nearly broke Bridgewater in half, in doing so.

Vaunted SEC defenses my @#%^$%&@#%#$&&^@$%^#$&

That is all. :)

Public service announcement - my crappy team managed to beat Louisville, at Louisville, and nearly broke Bridgewater in half, in doing so.

Vaunted SEC defenses my @#%^$%&@#%#$&&^@$%^#$&

That is all. :)
Ergo, UConn is better than FLA. Riiiiight.

Speaking from experience, one thing I can say unequivocally is that having more and better talent does not equate to having a better TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)