NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it Saturday, he was sneaking out of Lubbock before they ran him out next year. Didn't even tell Tech until he was in Cincinnati being announced.

What really sucks is the Pokes are losing OC Todd Monken to Southern Miss

He did the same thing to ole miss when he left for auburn.

Had not heard about southern. Good hire?
Sent from my htc 8x using Board Express

He did the same thing to ole miss when he left for auburn.

Had not heard about southern. Good hire?
Sent from my htc 8x using Board Express

Southern Miss will not have trouble scoring with Monken as coach. Todd's a good guy and OSU will miss him.
My youngest nephew plays baseball against Monken and Gundy's kids.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...tate-oc-will-be-southern-miss-new-head-coach/

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/61293/oklahoma-state-oc-monken-headed-to-usm

Watching him first hand against Bama, and in a few other games, the kid is the real deal (at the college level anyway).

I don't know about you guys down south, but I never heard ANYTHING about him till the Bama victory.
That was week 10, so essentially he won the Heisman in 3 weeks of play ... something about that just doesn't sound right.

Usually a guy with 2 losses inthe regular season DOESN'T win it.

I don't know about you guys down south, but I never heard ANYTHING about him till the Bama victory.
That was week 10, so essentially he won the Heisman in 3 weeks of play ... something about that just doesn't sound right.

He was in the discussion well before that, although that win certainly gave him a big boost, and understandably so. Naturally, I would follow him more closely than a Big Ten fan, but I started hearing his name being thrown around as a dark horse near the La Tech game, which was week 6. After that, he put up consistent big numbers to go along with the highlight reel plays he had done from the start of the season. 3000+ yards passing and 1000+ yards rushing doesnt just happen in a couple of weeks. ;)

He's also known as Johnny "Football", maybe you heard about him?

I heard that name a long time before I knew who it belonged to..............

He's also known as Johnny "Football", maybe you heard about him?

I heard that name a long time before I knew who it belonged to..............

How in the heck did Johnny Unitas win the Heisman trophy?:D

Are you kidding since the first game of the year against FLA all we heard down here was Johnny football this Johnny football that. Like he was the second coming.

Wish him the best but,chances are he will regress.Seems to be the trend of underclassmen that win the Heisman.

Wish him the best but,chances are he will regress.Seems to be the trend of underclassmen that win the Heisman.

Well we dont get to see what the seniors who win would do. Typically someone who wins the heisman has a absolute stellar season. Thats why they won. Its very hard to repeat such a high level season after season. Specially because the parts around you change so much. For example when Tebow broke the SEC passing record and won the heisman he had Percy Harvin to throw to. Harvin went into the draft and Tebows passing numbers dropped.

So it may not be so much Johnny footballs numbers regress but rather his supporting cast is not as good. (Although I dont believe this will be the case with aTm next year as they should return a huge portion of their team they are very young and also have a very good incoming class) At least he want regress very far, he may not put up record numbers again but its not often a player breaks record for passing, then does it again.

I don't think there's any doubt Manziel will get better, First, he's very talented and appears to be smart. Next, their success will help in recruiting and he'll even look better surrounded by top level talent (not that A&M was lacking much this year). Finally, he has a good coach that will see to it he improves.

That said, I don't think he deserved the Heisman. Both Klein and Teo lifted their teams even more and Klein was hurt greatly by the concussion as I don't think he looked the same in his return for the Baylor game. Manziel benefited from an overabundance of hype and really won it based on the upset of Alabama which wouldn't have been as big a deal if Miles would ever pull his head out of his ass. I think A&M actually just exposed Alabama.

I bet he will get better but the SEC will figure him out and he will have to make adjustments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts