Nebraska and the Big 10 Network on Dish after July 1

There lies the problem Hall. Nebraska becomes a Big 10 state on JULY 1 and at this time the only way to get the B10 network is though an added subscription. To be treated like a B10 member state is SHOULD be avaialbe in 120 or above after July 1 but there is no word on that yet. The this is the basis of the OP

B10N is available in AT120+

What certain areas ? Including Nebraska ? :D

In all seriousness, I was referring to the OP's situation. He's in a Big 10 state (now) and shouldn't need to subscribe to the multi-sports package.

I'm aware of the situation. My point is, Dish shouldn't make this difficult. People who live in a Big 10 state should have the B10N channel added - period. If the contract was written instead to ready "subscribers in Ohio, Michigan, Iowa..." (they listed the individual states), that's short-sighted. Schools don't shuffle around conferences every year but it happens often enough that it should be considered when contracts are written.

I'm aware of the situation. My point is, Dish shouldn't make this difficult. People who live in a Big 10 state should have the B10N channel added - period. If the contract was written instead to ready "subscribers in Ohio, Michigan, Iowa..." (they listed the individual states), that's short-sighted. Schools don't shuffle around conferences every year but it happens often enough that it should be considered when contracts are written.

I believe we agree 100%.

There should be NO issue to say that the Husker state is getting the network on July 1 but there seems to be a problem like many other Dish communications. It would be nice to hear that it will go live on July 1 or that it will not and this is WHY.

To anyone in Nebraska with DISH, I wouldn't assume anything just yet, due to the following factors:

1. Charlie hates people who like sports. It's in his DNA. If he can make a few bucks and piss off sports fans, he will. (See the numerous threads about all of the New York RSNs being yanked off of DISH for just several examples.)

2. A lot of money is involved. Trying to figure out who gets what piece of the pie between TV providers like DISH and the channel in question (BTN this time around) means new negotiations need to take place. This is a lot like the spat DISH had with RSNs showing NBA and NHL games when more appeared in HD. The RSNs wanted DISH to pay more for more HD programming. DISH balked for most of a season. I missed half of the Blues games that year. Also, I live in southern Illinois in a region considered a part of the St. Louis TV market. I didn't get BTN for the first three years of its existence because my cable company at the time did not add it immediately. I couldn't even pay for it. It just wasn't available. Ironically, I moved to DISH to get BTN and immediately found myself in the middle of the DISH/FS Midwest/Blues games fight. Charter of course added BTN shortly thereafter.

My point in all of this is that if you want to absolutely make sure you get Nebraska BTN games this fall, move to DirecTV. I say this as a current subscriber of DISH AND Charter cable. DirecTV caters to sports fans. The others don't. I'll be moving to DirecTv in a few years after my kids get a little older and we can settle on a good package over there, WITH the Sports pack of course. :)

Why don't you all wait three more days before you release the hounds????? And what If they decide to wait until Football starts? It's not like there's anything worth watching right now, is there?

There lies the problem Hall. Nebraska becomes a Big 10 state on JULY 1 and at this time the only way to get the B10 network is though an added subscription. To be treated like a B10 member state is SHOULD be avaialbe in 120 or above after July 1 but there is no word on that yet. The this is the basis of the OP

With Dish Big10 is considered a RSN. If you're in a Big10 state its included with your local RSN which requires AT120+ or above (not 120)

Why don't you all wait three more days before you release the hounds????? And what If they decide to wait until Football starts? It's not like there's anything worth watching right now, is there?

well actually looking in the guide on 7/1 the whole day is basically a "Welcome to Big10 conference Nebraska" with classic games and some live events :)

My point in all of this is that if you want to absolutely make sure you get Nebraska BTN games this fall, move to DirecTV. I say this as a current subscriber of DISH AND Charter cable. DirecTV caters to sports fans. The others don't. I'll be moving to DirecTv in a few years after my kids get a little older and we can settle on a good package over there, WITH the Sports pack of course. :)

so if you have Dish and lets say they dont add it to the basic packages in Nebraska, honestly (and this comes from a D* sub) you'd switch to D* when you can add the sports pack? This isnt like YES Network or MLB Net where Dish isnt an option for those channels. They have Big 10 right now

well actually looking in the guide on 7/1 the whole day is basically a "Welcome to Big10 conference Nebraska" with classic games and some live events :)
I think that answers the original question then ! And in case anyone thinks you're teasing, I took a screenshot...

dish-b10n-neb.jpg

so if you have Dish and lets say they dont add it to the basic packages in Nebraska, honestly (and this comes from a D* sub) you'd switch to D* when you can add the sports pack? This isnt like YES Network or MLB Net where Dish isnt an option for those channels. They have Big 10 right now
Yeah, it's no different than the people in Southeastern PA who have to get the Sports Pack to see the Penn St. games on the Big 10 Network (true for all providers). For whatever reason, the Big 10 Network is not statewide in PA.

Technically, yes, you're right. It isn't a clear, 100% assurance. My money says NE residents -- without the Multi-Sports Package -- will be getting the channel though....

Yeah, it's no different than the people in Southeastern PA who have to get the Sports Pack to see the Penn St. games on the Big 10 Network (true for all providers).
Directv its in the basic (Choice) package nationwide. No sports pack needed

I hope the BTN channel is added before football season to us subs in Nebraska as I would like to watch some of the Nebraska programs in the "Welcome to the Big 10" programming this weekend, it is on Friday-Sunday, and shouldn't have to purchase the Multi-Sport pack to see it, but I will if need be. I honestly don't want to leave Dish, as overall I'm content with the service and am not under contract and own my receiver (vip722).
I believe the channel is a RSN, correct?
7/1 is the official join date, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I had hoped that by now there would be an up-date, here in sat guys, on the status of Big 10 network, for us that are in Nebraska.

according to Dish it IS considered a RSN. I know here in MN its included with FSN North as the RSN in At120+ or greater

Its possible they may switch it tomorrow (normally thats when changes are made) or you may have to wait until Friday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)