Nebraska and the Big 10 Network on Dish after July 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have been looking at DirecTV packages just in case this isn't resolved by the first kickoff. They have some attractive introductory offers! I think it will be resolved by then, though. They can't afford to lose Nebraska customers. The people I know that have Dish will jump the ship too. Why pay $7 more per month when you can get a package at an introductory rate far cheaper than the total package we are paying now?

Breaking News: DISH Network Adding Nebraska Games

From Big Ten Network (DISH Network Adding Nebraska Games - Big Ten Network) :

DISH Network Adding Nebraska Games

Includes all Husker regular season home games

New-Logo-640_20110531113738_320_240.JPG

xaqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMP8HUrBMa8b32o0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Big Ten Network) - CHICAGO and ENGLEWOOD, Colo., - (July 25, 2011) – DISH Network L.L.C. and the Big Ten Network (BTN) announced today that television coverage of Nebraska Cornhusker football games and other sports will soon be available to DISH Network customers. Starting Sept. 1, DISH Network customers in Nebraska who subscribe to the America’s Top 120 Plus programming package or greater can watch Husker regular season home football games during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference. In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more.

About DISH Network
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides more than 14.19 million satellite TV customers, as of March 31, 2011, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network’s subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.

About BTN: A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 800 events, all in HD, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. Events include football, men’s and women’s basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Championship events; studio shows; coaches’ shows; and classic games. The network televises and streams more Olympic sporting events and women’s sports than has ever been aired on any other network. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation’s finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is available to more than 80 million homes across the United States and Canada, and currently has agreements with more than 300 affiliates, including AT&T U-Verse, Atlantic Broadband, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, DISH Network, Insight, Mediacom, Rogers Cable (Canada), Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct (Canada), Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS. For updated information on BTN, go to Big Ten Network.

beat me to it.

Now the only question is for the Time Warner announcement it says every Husker regular season game is available and for DISH it says watch regular season HOME games. Hopefully this is just an oversight?

This wording is confusing. Is the BTN added or have they just reached an agreement to cary the football games untill something is negotiated beyond this?

From Big Ten Network (DISH Network Adding Nebraska Games - Big Ten Network) :

DISH Network Adding Nebraska Games

Includes all Husker regular season home games

New-Logo-640_20110531113738_320_240.JPG

xaqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMFUBV6kyh6kKuEqVOUxVwFWqzGGqAq5SZQ5TFXCVKnOYqoCrVJnDVAVcpcocpirgKlXmMP8HUrBMa8b32o0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Big Ten Network) - CHICAGO and ENGLEWOOD, Colo., - (July 25, 2011) – DISH Network L.L.C. and the Big Ten Network (BTN) announced today that television coverage of Nebraska Cornhusker football games and other sports will soon be available to DISH Network customers. Starting Sept. 1, DISH Network customers in Nebraska who subscribe to the America’s Top 120 Plus programming package or greater can watch Husker regular season home football games during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference. In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more.

About DISH Network
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides more than 14.19 million satellite TV customers, as of March 31, 2011, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network’s subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.

About BTN: A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 800 events, all in HD, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. Events include football, men’s and women’s basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Championship events; studio shows; coaches’ shows; and classic games. The network televises and streams more Olympic sporting events and women’s sports than has ever been aired on any other network. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation’s finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is available to more than 80 million homes across the United States and Canada, and currently has agreements with more than 300 affiliates, including AT&T U-Verse, Atlantic Broadband, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, DISH Network, Insight, Mediacom, Rogers Cable (Canada), Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct (Canada), Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS. For updated information on BTN, go to Big Ten Network.

This wording is confusing. Is the BTN added or have they just reached an agreement to cary the football games untill something is negotiated beyond this?

That's exactly how I read it. Nowhere did they say that the Big Ten Network is available to subscribers of the certain package. It read obtuse like on purpose to cover the simple big picture.

If we're wrong, why did they just not come out and say in plain and clear English that they have reached agreement to provide TBTN to subscribers?

I read it as they will add it as a RSN to Nebraska subscribers.

Starting Sept. 1, DISH Network customers in Nebraska who subscribe to the America’s Top 120 Plus programming package or greater can watch Husker regular season home football games during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference. In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more.
No way Dish would only open the channel up just for specific Nebraska sports. SO on a specific day the channel would be open from 7-9 for a volleyball game then disappear? I doubt it

Sept 1st it will just show up on 439

That is the way it SHOULD work and all logic says it will. Can you say with 100% confidence that everything DISH has done fits that mold? ;-)

No way Dish would only open the channel up just for specific Nebraska sports. SO on a specific day the channel would be open from 7-9 for a volleyball game then disappear? I doubt it

Iceberg said:

The wording is still odd. Why not just say Nebraska fans will be receiving the BTN? Are they making a separate channel for Nebraska subs? I wish Dish would clarify.

PJJAnthony said:
The wording is still odd. Why not just say Nebraska fans will be receiving the BTN? Are they making a separate channel for Nebraska subs? I wish Dish would clarify.

No. They are just making it availible on 439.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

it will be on 439 just like it is for everyone. The only difference is come Sept 1st you dont need to pay $7 a month for the sports pack to get it. It will be included in the AT120+ and higher packages

As for the wording, its Dish. They like to write confusing press releases

beat me to it.

Now the only question is for the Time Warner announcement it says every Husker regular season game is available and for DISH it says watch regular season HOME games. Hopefully this is just an oversight?
Nope, not an oversight. It's actually a mistake on Time Warner's part. The Big Ten does not own the television rights to Big Ten non-conference away games. Those are owned by the other home team/conference.
So when Nebraska plays at Wyoming, the Big Ten Network has no rights to that game, as it would be owned by the network that has the Mountain West contract.

Nope, not an oversight. It's actually a mistake on Time Warner's part. The Big Ten does not own the television rights to Big Ten non-conference away games. Those are owned by the other home team/conference.
So when Nebraska plays at Wyoming, the Big Ten Network has no rights to that game, as it would be owned by the network that has the Mountain West contract.

Speking of the Huskers at Wyoming. I believe that game will be telivised on Versis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)