Nebraska bolting for Big Ten, Colorado for Pac-10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
Nebraska exits Big 12; UT, A&M meet to discuss plan | College Sports | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

This is all about football television money. At this point in time, the Big 12 is clearly a better football conference than the Big Ten and the Pac 10. Nebraska is more than doubling its football TV money by making this move. This confirms what I have known since day one, and that is that the Big 12 has had a series of inept commissioners. Our football deal is so bad that there was a weekend in September 2009 that three different ranked Big 12 teams had home non-conference games on PPV.

I know that Texas and A&M have been invited to join the Pac 10. I can't imagine how much it would cost to have non-revenue teams (golf, tennis, track, etc) traveling to Pullman or Corvallis or Eugene.

This entire thing is nuts.

Nebraska exits Big 12; UT, A&M meet to discuss plan | College Sports | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

This is all about football television money. At this point in time, the Big 12 is clearly a better football conference than the Big Ten and the Pac 10. Nebraska is more than doubling its football TV money by making this move. This confirms what I have known since day one, and that is that the Big 12 has had a series of inept commissioners. Our football deal is so bad that there was a weekend in September 2009 that three different ranked Big 12 teams had home non-conference games on PPV.

I know that Texas and A&M have been invited to join the Pac 10. I can't imagine how much it would cost to have non-revenue teams (golf, tennis, track, etc) traveling to Pullman or Corvallis or Eugene.

This entire thing is nuts.

AND it will get worse....

Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a wild ride. When the smoke clears the conference landscape will look nothing like it did yesterday morning...

Sandra

Last edited:
I think the Mountain West is much more appealing to all the small FOOTBALL stadium teams in the Big 12 than the PAC10 or any other conference. In fact Colorado is the most logical fit and with TCU, BYU, and soon Boise State the BCS may have to be rethought .:D

Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a wild ride. When the smoke clears the conference landscape will look nothing like it did yesterday morning...

Sandra

My thoughts exactly. I see the Big 12 ceasing to exist in the near future and possibly others, leaving us with 4 Mega Conferences consisting of 16 teams each:

SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 and the Big East or ACC

My thoughts exactly. I see the Big 12 ceasing to exist in the near future and possibly others, leaving us with 4 Mega Conferences consisting of 16 teams each:

SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 and the Big East or ACC

This is totally about football. Basketball is a non-factor in anything that has happened so far, and quite possibly in anything that will happen.

Sandra

Basketball is a non-factor in anything that has happened so far, and quite possibly in anything that will happen.

Yep...
The fact that Kansas apparently can't find a conference tells you that.

This is totally about football. Basketball is a non-factor in anything that has happened so far, and quite possibly in anything that will happen.

Sandra

It's actually not about sports at all. It's about football TELEVISON revenue.:D

Well this be effective for this season? Looking foward to the the cornhuskers come into town

Here's what I think will happen to the Big-12.

Nebraska: Big-10

Texas/A&M/Oklahoma/Ok. State/Texas Tech/Colorado: PAC-10

Baylor/Kansas St.: WAC

Kansas/Missouri: MAC

Iowa St.
: Conference USA

IF the Big 12 disappears like this....boy, what a crappy a$$ job done by that president. To let a conference litterally disappear into thin air like this is totally inexcusable! I would not let those folks run a hotdog stand.....

IF the Big 12 disappears like this....boy, what a crappy a$$ job done by that president. To let a conference litterally disappear into thin air like this is totally inexcusable! I would not let those folks run a hotdog stand.....
Too many small market cites involved in the Big-12. The revenue landscape has changed. It used to be how many seats in your stadium, but now it's how many cable subs you can draw.

Beyond that, there's been bad blood simmering between Nebraska and Texas since the Big-8 absorbed the Texas schools from the SW Conference.

And what of the BCS? Will they add another at large team? What conference would replace the Big12? Even if the Big East and ACC lose teams, their population base will keep them in. With Boise State added the Mountain West would be the strongest football conference, but would suffer from the same population density issue the Big 12 has/had. Only Dallas as a major market for the entire conferance.:D PS. The most logical conference for KU/KState is Conference USA.

Just saw a new rumor, that if ND is forced into conference, they will join the Big East to keep it alive.

Good luck with that ......

There is no way in ..ll that ND is going to join the Big East over the Big 10 or another large conference.

The whole draw for ND is MONEY and they would NEVER come close to the money by going to the Big East.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts