Nebraska bolting for Big Ten, Colorado for Pac-10

There are NOT 64 quality teams at the end of the year now.
Now someone is wanting 64 team super division ?

Look at all the BS bowl games that get filled by the 6-6 teams that don't deserve to go anyways.

What they really need to do is whittle it down to like the top 32 in the country, move from the top 20 to top 25 now to the top 32 and use the top 32 to make a playoff at the end of the year.

There are NOT 64 quality teams at the end of the year now.
Now someone is wanting 64 team super division ?

Look at all the BS bowl games that get filled by the 6-6 teams that don't deserve to go anyways.

What they really need to do is whittle it down to like the top 32 in the country, move from the top 20 to top 25 now to the top 32 and use the top 32 to make a playoff at the end of the year.

$$$$$ Jimbo, though behind that they will say "these extra practices are so important" and its a reward

Sc**w em. :river

It's not personal, it's business.

Exactly.

People clamoring about being 65th just need to STFU.

Also can tell Notre Dame join a Conference or say good bye to scheduling any of the 64 teams in the mega conferences.

They can play the Service Academies and other Independents though if they want to remain independent.

Their Choice

I'm quite certain that ND's $15 million a year tv contract is what's holding them out of a conference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nebraska, supposedly, will receive $22 million a year in the Big 10.

Yeah The Big Ten and SEC teams all receive more TV revenue than Notre Dame.

The big thing for ND is that if they go to a BCS Bowl they don't have to share the revenue.

As time has gone by the BCS appearnces have become fewer and farther between for ND.

I suspect the visits will become (BCS) will be even more scarace going forward.

Nebraska, supposedly, will receive $22 million a year in the Big 10.

Exactly why this is all happening.

Big Ten made this network, and is going around saying "See, what will happen when you join us?"

Missouri "me, me, me!"

Nebraska "Pfft. where do i sign?"

Big 12 "no way, you guys suck for leaving, big ten you a$$h*l3s!"

Pac-10 "hmmm, we better make that happen too, seems like the way to go"

Espn "well the landscape of college football is changing to mega conferences"

TV Revenue Per conference

Last edited:
Yeah The Big Ten and SEC teams all receive more TV revenue than Notre Dame.

The big thing for ND is that if they go to a BCS Bowl they don't have to share the revenue.

As time has gone by the BCS appearnces have become fewer and farther between for ND.

I suspect the visits will become (BCS) will be even more scarace going forward.
Problem is, IIRC ND gets BCS money ( a part of) weather they make the BCS or not.

Espn "well the landscape of college football is changing to mega conferences"

TV Revenue Per conference

Let's look at the Pac 10. USC just got put on serious probation. Oregon's star QB was just thrown off of the team. OSU is only better than average now that Dennis Erickson and his merry band of hoodlums are gone. WSU hasn't been anything since Mike Price left. UW hasn't been anything in years. Stanford hasn't been anything since Ty Willingham left. Cal is usually around #20. UCLA hasn't been anything since Bob Toledo's run, and I don't have a lot of faith that Neuheisel is the answer. Arizona has Mike Stoops as head coach. They hired him from the staff of a Big 12 school (OU), and ASU has Dennis Erickson and his merry band of hoodlums, who haven't won anything yet. On top of that, the Pac 10 gets $58 million annually in TV revenue while the Big 12 gets $78 million.

What I am getting at is how the hell are they poaching us and not the other way around?

Our AD (Bill Byrne) and Texas' AD (DeLoss Dodds) are meeting today. I had a friend (the one with the Athletic Dept connection) stop by my office just now and tell me that they are trying to shake Tech and Baylor and join the Big Ten. I don't know how he would know anything about a meeting that I think is still going on, but that's what he told me. By "shake Tech and Baylor" I mean try to find a way to get the State legislature to allow us to go somewhere without them. The only reason that Baylor made it into the Big 12 was the Texas' governor at the time was a Baylor grad.

Let's look at the Pac 10. USC just got put on serious probation. Oregon's star QB was just thrown off of the team. OSU is only better than average now that Dennis Erickson and his merry band of hoodlums are gone. WSU hasn't been anything since Mike Price left. UW hasn't been anything in years. Stanford hasn't been anything since Ty Willingham left. Cal is usually around #20. UCLA hasn't been anything since Bob Toledo's run, and I don't have a lot of faith that Neuheisel is the answer. Arizona has Mike Stoops as head coach. They hired him from the staff of a Big 12 school (OU), and ASU has Dennis Erickson and his merry band of hoodlums, who haven't won anything yet. On top of that, the Pac 10 gets $58 million annually in TV revenue while the Big 12 gets $78 million.

What I am getting at is how the hell are they poaching us and not the other way around?

Our AD (Bill Byrne) and Texas' AD (DeLoss Dodds) are meeting today. I had a friend (the one with the Athletic Dept connection) stop by my office just now and tell me that they are trying to shake Tech and Baylor and join the Big Ten. I don't know how he would know anything about a meeting that I think is still going on, but that's what he told me. By "shake Tech and Baylor" I mean try to find a way to get the State legislature to allow us to go somewhere without them. The only reason that Baylor made it into the Big 12 was the Texas' governor at the time was a Baylor grad.

Now your talking comp. for the SEC, if the Big Ten adds Nebraska and as you mentioned Texas .... Texas is there right now obviously, Nebraska is in a bit of a funk of late, but everything goes in cycles.

I disagree ....

I think if ND does join, they will try thier best to KEEP the contract with NBC
I disagree.

Economically it wouldn't make sense to try to keep the NBC deal:

With the NBC contract, Notre Dame can only make a set amount of money. With the Big Ten Network, the potential is there for more because the network pays out based on a percentage of income.

According to a report on the New Times website , each school received over $11 million in 2007. In 2008, each school received roughly $22 million.

With the way revenue is increasing for the Big Ten Network, adding a school like Notre Dame would likely boost income to a point where teams would still see an increase in that amount even after an additional team was added to the share. Notre Dame would be foolish not to seriously consider an offer, should one be extended.

Is Notre Dame interested in Big Ten expansion? | Iowa Hawkeye Blog

Seriously?? Why would the Big Ten give ND all that money and not broadcast their games?? :confused:

Because ND always gets what ND wants.
Look, they get 15 M from NBC every year and they get money for NOT making the BSC , how do you manage that gig.

Why do you think ND is NOT in the Big Ten already ?
Because they think they are better than thou.

IF ND does come to the Big 10, I'm fine with that, but if they decide to NOT come, I'm good with that too.

They would help the Big Ten overall, but thier arrogance is worse than the SEC guys.

I think NBC only broadcasts the Home games anyways.
Don't forget, not many games are actually on the B10 Net. at least at this point.
The majority of the Big schools games are on ESPN and ABC.

If Notre Dame is ranked in the top 12 BCS ranking at the end of the season they actually play in a BCS Game thus getting a BCS Payout.

If they don't play they don't get any BCS Money.

The Big advantage ND has as an independent is not having to split BCS money in a pool with other Conference Brethern.

Notre Dame better wake up and smell the Coffee.

This isn't 1973 where Notre Dame calls the shots.

They are important to NBC because they don't have any other CFB. The ratings on NBC for Notre Dame are mediocre.

They are consistently outdrawn by SEC Games and Big Ten games in National Broadcast windows.

Notre Dame would make a fine addittion for any BCS Conference because they have a National following, stress academics, and don't recruit Non qualifiers.

That being said though if ND remains Independent for the next 8-10 years and tries to resist joining A Conference they will become an afterthought.

If I was a ND fan I would be praying daily to the Ara Parseghian Gods that they come to their senses and Join the Big Ten.

That's where they belong.

Because ND always gets what ND wants.
Look, they get 15 M from NBC every year and they get money for NOT making the BSC , how do you manage that gig.

Why do you think ND is NOT in the Big Ten already ?
Because they think they are better than thou.

IF ND does come to the Big 10, I'm fine with that, but if they decide to NOT come, I'm good with that too.

They would help the Big Ten overall, but thier arrogance is worse than the SEC guys.

I think NBC only broadcasts the Home games anyways.
Don't forget, not many games are actually on the B10 Net. at least at this point.
The majority of the Big schools games are on ESPN and ABC.
:rant::rant::rant::neener

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)