Nebraska bolting for Big Ten, Colorado for Pac-10

Nothing will be the same. I don't know if that is good for us viewers or not.

Just saw a new rumor, that if ND is forced into conference, they will join the Big East to keep it alive.

Why would Notre Dame take pity on a conference when they've been independent all these years? If anything, they'll join the Big-10 as it's in their best interest to not be left behind. It'll also pit some of the most storied CFB programs ever in one conference.

I kind of like it! 4 MEGA Conferences! Just as long as the long-standing inner conference rivalries are preserved that is.

+1

My hope is that when the smoke clears that there will indeed be 4 Mega conferences.

Just go ahead and pull out of the NCAA. (4-16 team Conferences each with dual 8 team divisions. The Eight divison winners make up the field for a 8 team playoff after the current BCS contract expires.

Big Ten
PAC 10
SEC
ACC

I kind of like it! 4 MEGA Conferences! Just as long as the long-standing inner conference rivalries are preserved that is.

Lets see, theres about 112 college football div. 1 teams, divided by 4, we now have conferences with 28 teams in them.

Hows THAT round robin gonna happen ? :rolleyes:

Lets see, theres about 112 college football div. 1 teams, divided by 4, we now have conferences with 28 teams in them.

Easy !

Get rid of the pretenders and hangers on who are just coat tail riding and having their hands out for revenue that they did nothing to generate.

The 5 BCS Conferences currently have 53 teams would be easy to add 11 teams to the mix, tell the rest play Divison II.

64 teams divided into 4 Conferences Dual 8 team divisons.

All Eight divison winners make up the playoff field.

Schedules Could be uniform.

7 Conference Games (In Divison)
2 " " Out of Divison/In Conference(Rotating)

2 Out of Conference games against other members of the Mega Confernces

1 Game for Homecoming or also ran in state stuff.

Limit Div I to 64 teams.

If you play each team in your division and half of the teams in the other division each year you're at 11 games. Where is the national exposure game? Where are the 80-6 (Heisman) games to make you look good in the polls? I think conferences over 12 teams are unwieldy, but this is about TV and not sports, isn't it?:D

It's not out of the question Notre Dame may join the Big Ten after all. The college football financial landscape has totally changed in recent years.

Sandra

Well, first, I would limit each Mega Conference to 16 teams each. 16 x 4 = 64 teams. The reaming teams would go to the lesser conferences such as the MAC, Mountain West, etc.

It's not out of the question Notre Dame may join the Big Ten after all. The college football financial landscape has totally changed in recent years.

Sandra

Actually, with the shakeup, there's an argument that it's probably more important now, than ever for them to join a conference!

Soon well have the EAST, WEST, NORTH and SOUTH conferences .... and thats it.
Yep, or possibly Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest. Either way, this is what the future may hold. One thing for sure, if the BCS setup is not what the people want and a playoff system is, conference shakeups are inevitable.

I've got a friend with a good A&M Athletic Department hookup. Supposedly that Pac 10 will add the entire Big 12 South minus Baylor and add Colorado. For baseball, it would break into three "pods." Our pod would be Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, OU, and OK State. We would play two series against each other every season and not play the other two pods. This would be to save on travel costs because baseball is a non-revenue sport.

This setup is completely asinine. We are in the "Pac 16," but never play 10 of the teams (CU doesn't have baseball). Also, the five of us beating each other up so much would kill our RPI when regionals are seeded.

This entire process is bizarre. How the hell could we be in the Pac 10?!? As the crow flies, we are something like 1,200 or 1,300 miles from the Pacific. Our other option is appears to be the SEC, where we would be playing Georgia and Florida. This sh*t is just crazy.

Oh, and how the hell is Kansas left without a conference?!? I know that football money is driving this, but they won an NCAA basketball title like two years ago.

:confused::rant::confused::rant:

I've got a friend with a good A&M Athletic Department hookup. Supposedly that Pac 10 will add the entire Big 12 South minus Baylor and add Colorado. For baseball, it would break into three "pods." Our pod would be Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, OU, and OK State. We would play two series against each other every season and not play the other two pods. This would be to save on travel costs because baseball is a non-revenue sport.

This setup is completely asinine. We are in the "Pac 16," but never play 10 of the teams (CU doesn't have baseball). Also, the five of us beating each other up so much would kill our RPI when regionals are seeded.

This entire process is bizarre. How the hell could we be in the Pac 10?!? As the crow flies, we are something like 1,200 or 1,300 miles from the Pacific. Our other option is appears to be the SEC, where we would be playing Georgia and Florida. This sh*t is just crazy.

Oh, and how the hell is Kansas left without a conference?!? I know that football money is driving this, but they won an NCAA basketball title like two years ago.

:confused::rant::confused::rant:

The Big Ten would jump to have Texas, they talked previously. then the Pac 8 stepped in with thier ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)