Nebraska bolting for Big Ten, Colorado for Pac-10

Update...
It was reported on the local news last night that at the A&M/Texas meeting yesterday they held a teleconference with the SEC who made a presentation for why the two schools should join. Also, Texas governor Rick Perry (a.k.a. Governor Goodhair) was reported to have phoned the two ADs and stated that he didn't care where they went as long as they went together.

Here is a story from the San Antonio Express-News which states that Texas prefers the Pac 10 solution while A&M is intrigued by the SEC. Both schools are going to wait until all of the offers have been made before deciding what to do.

The Big Ten is apparently a long shot at this point.

Oh, and Baylor's women's basketball coach is pissed off.

Buffaloes' exit puts Big 12 near extinction

“This is a classic example of greed and the almighty dollar,” Baylor women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey told the Waco Tribune-Herald. “It starts with people who make decisions at Nebraska and Texas. For people who talk about academics, this is not about what's in the best interest of each student-athlete or the Big 12. It's about money.

“If it's about academics, Baylor would be included in an invite to the Pac-10. There are people who will be invited to the Pac-10 that Baylor has a better academic university than. It's about greed, and shame on the people at the top. They don't need to preach another day about student-athletes.”

I beleive the logical solution is for the Big 12 to remain intact and add TCU and Utah to replace the Buffs and overrated Nebraska.:D

mdonnelly said:
The Big-8 did fine for decades without Texas and A&M. That being said, a conference where OU wouldn't play either Texas or Nebraska would s*ck for us.

What do you think of the possibility of OU in the SEC?

The entire state shouts "Noooooooooooooooooooooo". We all want to bring them down, not make them even stronger.

OK won't be able to compete in the SEC. they will have to play real teams with Defense's and not the likes of no defense TT, Baylor, CO, ISU and so on.

I see Texas A&M because of the Gene Stallings connection and then one other.

Orangebloods.com(University of Texas) Pay web site or I'd post a link Just confirmed through their sources that now that Nebraska has announce their intentions that

Texas, Texas Tech,Oklahoma, Oklahoma State have all agreed to join the PAC 10.

Texas A&M still sitting on the fence trying to decide between PAC 10 and SEC.

Would be nice to have them in the SEC but I can't imagine for (purely political reasons) that they would actually decouple from the University of Texas.

Orangebloods.com(University of Texas) Pay web site or I'd post a link Just confirmed through their sources that now that Nebraska has announce their intentions that

Texas, Texas Tech,Oklahoma, Oklahoma State have all agreed to join the PAC 10.

Texas A&M still sitting on the fence trying to decide between PAC 10 and SEC.

Would be nice to have them in the SEC but I can't imagine for (purely political reasons) that they would actually decouple from the University of Texas.

How well does A&M expect to do in the SEC when they can't spell D ?

I think that we, finally, have the right coach in place after then Coach Fran debacle. After Sherman's first season, he ran off a lot of guys who he didn't think had a good enough work ethic. Before the 2009 season began he held practices at 6 AM. We played a ton of freshman last year. I think that we'll be better this year and much better in 2012.

I was spoiled. In my five seasons as an undergrad here, we never lost a home game and beat Texas four out of five times.

The Big 12 is thought of as all O no D. 3 of the top ten Ds in 2009 were in the Big12. What happens to the Big 12s BCS position?:D I think the Pac15/16 is lobbying for 2 vBCS bowls.:D

What happens to the Big 12s BCS position?

Tom Tuberville (Texas Tech's new head coach) was on one of the Houston sports radio stations yesterday afternoon. He said that he thinks that the four 16 team superconferences are going to have a football version of the final four at the end of the season.

Selfishly, I'd love to see A&M buck TPTB in the State House and join the SEC.

They'd be a Welcome addittion.

If the SEC could snag A&M I'd try to add 3 more teams out of the following:

Houston(Growing by leaps and bounds, 4th largest TV market in the USA

Missouri- Solid program in the revenue sports borders 3 SEC states. Access to the St Louis TV market

Va Tech-Quality Program expands the geographic footprint accees to the DC and Mid Atlantic TV markets

Maryland-same as above with Va Tech

Virginia University- same song 4th verse

Kansas- wish they had a little better football program but still would be a good candidate

Duke-probably no chance of happening but would be a nice target

North Carolina-same as above I jst don't see either leaving the ACC

Teams to be avoided that don't add Desired TV Markets or markets the SEC is already in with a heavy presence

Georgia Tech
Clemson
Florida State
Miami

Nothing against that quartet's football programs or any supporters here. They are all fine programs.

This is a TV/ Revenue thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)