Need help desperately here about HDTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richard Fuller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Guys I need your help here let me start at the beginning ....My directv service went out while on vacation think it was a lightning strike it will not pick up the satellite on my tivo.Since football season is coming on fast I decided I was going to upgrade to HDTV for all the NFL games in HDTV. I called Directv and got the schedule installation for today the installer came out and he asked was my service working and I told him no but the csr said it wouldn't be a problem because I need a new dish and multiswitch anyway. The guy went outside and looked and said that I wouldn't be able to get HDTV he said that the HDTV channels are on the B and C satellite and I couldn't see them for trees. Now my tivo worked fine doesn't it use satellite A and B? Is there anyway he could tell I couldn't get the C without hooking it up? I had no problem with the A and B and since the C is in between them shouldn't I be able to see that one??

The reason you didn't know before is unless your locals were on another satellite all you needed for your DTivo was SatA (101) Sat B is on 119 and Sat C is on 110.

My installer said I had to many trees in the way as well, I said Ok I will do it my self , Don't know if this is an option for you if not have D send someone else out and this time put it up an see what they get . One day I am going to throw my ladder back up and take a picture from the back of my Sat towards the trees and let people see the tress I have in the way. Anyway when I had voom installed , the installer said I was stealing DirecTV , I said how so , he said I would of though you could have never gotten a signal through them trees.

Fire those pictures up here.

Do you have a 3lnb dish up? I am struggling with B to come in, maybe i outta compare your trees with mine!

I'm getting the lightning damage fixed tomorrow after that I will have my cousin come out and install the sat c kit(I'm disabled other wise I would do it). How does the wiring change going from A and B satelitte to include the C satellite??

The dish i use has a bult in 4 port switch, so i run a cable to each port on the dish to each reciever or all 4 into a 5x8 switch. I am not totally sure about the Sat C kits and all that stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts