Status
Please reply by conversation.

lyn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Eastern US
Hi,

I recently got a Pansat 9500HDX and would like to reconfigure my system. I have a 7 foot BUD with Chaparral Corotor II. The c and ku leads go to a Chaparral V/H 1-Switch and then to a Chaparral CR-10 IRD which is the dish mover and also the polarotor control. I had a DRS-905 sidecar in the system but removed it.

To install the Pansat, I used two hi-freq. splitters before the V/H 1-Switch - one for C and the other for Ku. The power pass outputs on each go the to V/H 1 switch which is then connected to the CR-10. The other outputs go to a Diseq switch which is then connected to the Pansat.

Questions: 1) Are the outputs from the splitters connected correctly or should the power pass sides go to the Pansat?
2) The Pansat has polarotor control. If it's better to control the skew from there, do I need to change any of the above wiring? I know I have to move the polarotor wires to the Pansat. If I do that, will I be able to control the polarity on the CR-10 from the Pansat?

Thanks,
Lyn

1) Are the outputs from the splitters connected correctly or should the power pass sides go to the Pansat?
Power pass to the analog, LNB's like 18 volts all the time.
2) The Pansat has polarotor control. If it's better to control the skew from there, do I need to change any of the above wiring?
Just move the polarotor wires to the 9500
will I be able to control the polarity on the CR-10 from the Pansat
No - the 9500 will control the polarity at the feed horn/ servo directly. The CR10 will only power the LNB's( :up as they like constant 18 volts) and move the dish-actuator.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming what I thought. System seems to be working well but from some of the skew settings required, it looks like I may need to replace either the servo motor or the LNB(s) or both shortly.

Polar mounted dish, all the skew settings should be the same(or very close if used to negate some adjacent interference) except for 103W, on Ku only, as it's 20 some degrees opposite of where it should be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts