Need help with Manhattan 1933

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
Here's what going on. When I started playing with this receiver I ran into a few issues that threw me for a loop. First the HDMI connection did not work. Well it did work for about 5 seconds and after that total. After scanning a satellite I noticed that low FEC tps did not get picked up. I have to put entered in manually. Some FTA channels went dark (on the same Mux). I had a green tint or a bleed out on my screen. I upgraded the receiver with the 3.9 firmware and that seams to clean it a little bit. But the one that gets me the most is the Auto Scan. Blind scanning for me is an adventure. It takes over ten minute to fully scan a satellite. I must be doing something wrong but I don't what it is.

Here's what going on. When I started playing with this receiver I ran into a few issues that threw me for a loop. First the HDMI connection did not work. Well it did work for about 5 seconds and after that total. After scanning a satellite I noticed that low FEC tps did not get picked up. I have to put entered in manually. Blind scanning for me is an adventure. It takes over ten minute to fully scan a satellite. I must be doing something wrong but I don't what it is.
the HDMI thing - try setting video resolution from AUTO to the resolution of your TV monitor. I know on my video monitor the HDMI connection is screwy unless I set it to 1080i (the resolution fo my video monitor). I don't know what to suggest about the low FEC tps thing. as for blind scan, it can take a few minutes to scan both polarities (or even just one polarity). Despite the slowness, the scans can be quite inaccurate in certain situations so you may end up not scanning in signals that you know exist (for me, on G18 Ku the Peace TV signal always gets missed for whatever reason so you just have to manually put in the signal parameters and let it scan the channel in once you get lock on the parameters you entered).

as an owner of a Manhattan (and guinea pig) hopefully I can help :)

Here's what going on. When I started playing with this receiver I ran into a few issues that threw me for a loop. First the HDMI connection did not work. Well it did work for about 5 seconds and after that total.
as noted change the resolution from AUTO to something else. Mine is at 720p through HDMI and no issues

After scanning a satellite I noticed that low FEC tps did not get picked up. I have to put entered in manually.
do you mean low symbol rate? If so that is normal. I dont know why it wont grab symbol rates like 2403 (the knife show on 83W) but can grab the test card on 105W which is at 1000 (the MH actually shows it at 999)

Some FTA channels went dark (on the same Mux). I had a green tint or a bleed out on my screen. I upgraded the receiver with the 3.9 firmware and that seams to clean it a little bit.
sometimes after a scan the channels will log but will show a back screen. I just power off and power back on with the remote and it works fine then
But the one that gets me the most is the Auto Scan. Blind scanning for me is an adventure. It takes over ten minute to fully scan a satellite. I must be doing something wrong but I don't what it is.
how is it setup and what are you scanning?
On KU its usually between 3 and 8 minutes. Some satellites it seems to hang for an unknown reason and 74W was one. But with 74W gone (moved and not being replaced) thats a moot point. While the Coolsat 5000 kicks the MH butt on speed remember the MH has to find both DVB & DVB-S2. If you scan C-Band it will take longer due to more S2 transponders out there.

Ice,

C band scanning takes at least 10 minutes. I not use to waiting that long for auto scan .... oh well such is life. I have my set up on Auto. My TV is a 2008 Samsung DLP HL-5087S' I think is a 1080i but not sure.

It shouldnt take that long. When I've used the MH to scan C-Band its been 5 minutes or so max
In my experience, it depends how "dense" the satellite is. If there are tons of signals and especially mixed-mode signals, it takes longer. If it's a fairly empty sat (AMC-16 with just the ID slate and a couple of occasional feed signals at the time), it can be scanned on both pols in less than 2 mins.

Skysurfer, I agree with your statement about how much content is on a satellite to be scanned determining scan times. One person's Manhattan isn't going to greatly differ from another's scanning the same satellite. One bird might take 2, one might take 10.
Other than content quantity, I doubt there is much that could be wrong resulting in slow scans. Every receiver is different IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)