Need help with ses 1

NorthGA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
North Ga
I already posted about this problem. It really has confused me. I had a good signal with all transponders on ses1 before the move. Even when they moved and they had colored bars where the old channels were that was strong. What gets me is how consistent and stable they were before. Me tv was my go to channel. I scanned in the new frequencies and it was good for a day on me tv. Since it was iffy on heroes and icons. And the others. I picked them up fine before. I am getting geb and daystar perfectly . I was using amiko mini 265. Since the problem I have a new pansat lnbf. New diseq switch
I purchased a new 4k amiko mini. Still no help. Like I said I had the channels stable and consistent with my dish. The dish isn't perfect. It is a 10 ft orbitron fiberglass button hook dish. I am not sure what to do. What are other people receiving the me tv with
What receiver and lnb feed. Or lnbf setup. Also what size dish. Please help

Attached is a picture of some of my dishes and two screen captures I just made, one from each of my Edision os mio 4K receivers. The 8ft picture is from the Sadoun 8ft 9 section dish with a dual ortho feed. The 10ft picture is from a 10ft Channel Master mesh dish I'm still working on that has replaced the 6ft Sadoun dish in the picture. I took the Titanium C2WPLL lnbf from the 6ft dish and put it on the Channel Master.

All my Amiko receivers from the oldest to the new Mini 4K UHD S2X also play MeTV without any problems when switched to one of the C-band dishes.

Attachments

• 100_7180a.jpg
    100_7180a.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 145
  • MeTV_Screenshot_8ft.jpg
    MeTV_Screenshot_8ft.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 150
  • MeTV_Screenshot_10ft.jpg
    MeTV_Screenshot_10ft.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Love
Reactions: Comptech
I just upgraded my whole system and was amazed at how high the quality was on almost all birds. I hit 98 on several and that's never happened before. However, SES1 bounces around 20-25, the lowest by far of any bird. Makes me wonder if there's something funky going on like maybe that bird is skewed differently? Or inclined differently? Dunno but I'm not about to mess with the skew or alignment just for one bird. It's still watchable so I'll live with it.

Not sure of your range, but might want to look at a recent post that shows a declination chart and explains what to do. I am staring at trees, and get 17 to 19 DB SNR on the encrypted 30k sr feeds most are 24 to 28 Dbm.

SNR of 14.6 here on a 10 footer, not trying to be blunt, but you have a aiming problem.
So 15 birds across the arc are spot on, many well into the 90s, with just this one not real strong and it's an aiming problem? You can't compare your reception in SC with my reception in northeast PA. Problems with SES1 are not new. It moves around it's location. Without loading up a bunch of links here's just one example from 2015.

Problem with H&I - SES 1

Reactions: primestar31
I could also fill it up with links saying no problems. If you think being in Pa is your problem you are wrong. Your dish is on the edge and yes at that point things like leaves blowing and even heavy clouds can affect C-Band

What kind of microwave signals might you be receiving of the backside or the sides of that dish when poited to 101? Any G5 in your area? Any towers with microwave dishes in line when you are at 101?

Not bashing, but I have a hard time at 91W which is a strong bird. Unfortunately, when I point there I am staring directly at Paris mountain with 20 plus towers that have everything from public saftey to Tv to microwave transmitters. It will mess with you.

Only reason I am asking is because public saftey has moved to the 900 MHZ range. They are strong signals and your LNB id picking up 950 Mhz and above. These signals are strong and could be interfering.

What I am trying to say is your LNB is down converting to close to that frequency, but your coax is a 950 MHZ antenna. So strong towers in your area could affect it.

I already posted about this problem. It really has confused me. I had a good signal with all transponders on ses1 before the move. Even when they moved and they had colored bars where the old channels were that was strong. What gets me is how consistent and stable they were before. Me tv was my go to channel. I scanned in the new frequencies and it was good for a day on me tv. Since it was iffy on heroes and icons. And the others. I picked them up fine before. I am getting geb and daystar perfectly . I was using amiko mini 265. Since the problem I have a new pansat lnbf. New diseq switch
I purchased a new 4k amiko mini. Still no help. Like I said I had the channels stable and consistent with my dish. The dish isn't perfect. It is a 10 ft orbitron fiberglass button hook dish. I am not sure what to do. What are other people receiving the me tv with
What receiver and lnb feed. Or lnbf setup. Also what size dish. Please help
FYI. Orbitron never made fiberglass dishes. They made buttonhook as well as quad leg type feeds with a number of different mesh antennas. If you are having problems with any buttonhook feed, it is best to string it and confirm that the dish is perfectly round, and then check the actual centering of the feed. You may simply be off in elevation, too, as well as tracking. Troubleshooting a motorized system with a defective buttonhook setup can drive one crazy, but I would check the basics out first, before anything else.

I was told it was button hook. It had an orbitron feed cover. I assumed that was what it was. I got it from the original owner.

I was told it was button hook. It had an orbitron feed cover. I assumed that was what it was. I got it from the original owner.
Orbitron buttonhook feed covers were sold extensively by them at retail and wholesale, and companies such as Skyvision sold quite a few to end users, as replacement covers when few other sources were available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)