Need plotter advice

Voyager6

*Cancelled*
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
Wokeville
I am looking for a 36" - 42" plotter to print construction drawings. I work for an excavation company and many of the drawings are now available in electronic form (pdf, dwg, dxf). Our estimating software can import the dwg/dxf formats but not pdf. We need to be able to print out the drawings for estimating/field use (b&w only) and also drawings with cut/fill shading (color). We contacted two local printing companies and the recommendations were 1) Canon iPF 710 36" for $4,000 and 2) HP T1100 44" for $6,800. Both of these plotters are much more than we need. So, I am now looking for a refurbished plotter such as the HP 750C or 1055CM. I have also looked at refurbished Designjet 500 and 800 but both are priced near the new cost for the Canon iPF710. I don't want to buy something that will be totally obsolete but I also don't need a new high-volume plotter either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, after much review and research, I decided upon a refurbished HP 755CM plotter. It has the Postscript card, JetDirect card and a full load of ram. Price was very good.

Description

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Item Specifics - Item Condition[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Condition: [/FONT]Refurbished

s.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Printing Color : [/FONT]COLOR

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Brand : [/FONT]HP

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Printing+Color : [/FONT]B/W+&+Color

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Product Type : [/FONT]Plotter

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
HP D e s i g n J e t 755CM
Only 4450+/- Prints

Works on printing to USB port
BRAND NEW BELT!!!
36" Large Format - Up to 36" rolls
4-Color Ink System
Dual paper format: ROLL FEED w/ Auto Cut or SHEET FEED
Paper Catch Bin
ADDED RAM: 72 MEGS INSTALLED (75MB TOTAL)
optional POSTSCRIPT card INCLUDED - print PDF's
optional NETWORK card INCLUDED
Pedistal, legs & 4 swivel, locking casters included
EXTREMELY LOW USE: - WOW!!!
Print: Postscript fonts, PDF files, Autocad files (dwg), Jpeg, Tiff, Bmp. With the postscript card we include you can do alot more than the others plotters sold without it.

Product Description

tn_plotter%20copy.jpg
This plotter just came in from our resource center with an extremely low page count. As with all our 755CM plotters, we REPLACE the MAIN BELT with a BRAND NEW ONE! The display screen is bright and crisp. Other sellers DON'T list the page count for obivious reasons. Even though these plotters are tough everything still goes through cyclic use. Ours typically have extremely low use.
HP DesignJet 755CM Plotter: a true 'work horse' in the designjet family. Simply put, HP made this plotter practically bomb proof. Performance condition is good. Sample printing ability with the right settings, paper, ink and image quality can be seen with the stock examples shown. Smooth operation and simple digital display interaction and push button control.
The 755CM is capable of delivering color images and color cad line drawings. A good choice for people who want a "reasonably priced" system to solve plotting needs.
Unattended plotting with the paper bin and auto paper cutter is very convenient. Low cost printing is possible. Easily buy your replacement ink on ebay for around $10 a cartridge. A standard black cartridge is regularly stocked at places like Staples, Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Max and Office Depot for about $30. So it's easy to still get ink.
Excellent plotters for bid take-offs. Are you getting tired of supporting your over-priced Kinkos or local print shops with $50, $100, $200 or even more print jobs. Your own print jobs can average $0.25 per sheet? That's right, get ink on ebay and find a local paper source for about $14 per 150 foot roll and your typical black & white 5% coverage line plot will be right at 25 cents per 2'x3' sheet.
Product Features:

Graphic Languages HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, PJL, POSTSCRIPT(R) Margin Settings 3/8" to 5/8" Media Formats Single Sheets or 150' Rolls Media Types Plain, Vellum, Translucent, Polyester, Special Inkjet Resolution 300x300 and 600x600 DPI Accuracy +/- 0.2% of specified vector length @73F, 50-60% RH, HP Matte Ink Cartridge Black 51645A (Black) Ink Cartridges Color 51644C (Cyan) 51644M (Magenta) 51644Y (Yellow) Standard Memory 4mb built in (we ADD an additional 72 MB!!!) Optional Card Postscript Postscript Romm (INCLUDED at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) Optional Card Network HP JetDirect Card (INCLUDED at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) Unit Weight 155 lb Dimensions 54" Wide, 28" Deep(Base Leg portion), 44.25" Tall OS Environments Windows 95, 98, NT4.0, 2000, Me, XP Features:

Final quality up to E size (36" x 48") sheets or 50' Banners
Black check line plots on plain bond or translucent paper in as fast as 2 minutes,
Color about 7 minutes on coated paper
Crisp, clean 600dpi addressable black output,
Crisp, clean 600dpi addressable color line output
Vibrant 300dpi color (16.7 million variations)
Full gray scale shade possible
Automatic cutter with ON/OFF control,
Color cartridges not included
Wireframe Output BIN for unattended plotting ($355.00 value),
Queuing and nesting control on computer or display,
Possible Printing Connections: LPT Centronics, parallel/USB, int. or ext. LAN Network Jetdirect
INCLUDED EXTRAS
  • Existing Black ink/printhead FULL ($32)
  • RAM upgrade ($95.00)
  • Postscript Card ($375.00)
  • HP JetDirect LAN Network Card Upgrade($285.00)
  • Power Cord($8.00)
  • Cat 5 network cable($15.00)
  • New 150 feet roll of paper($15.00)
  • CD includes: drivers, service manual, user manual, setup manual, quick reference sheet, & parts list (w/ part numbers)(priceless)
If you have any problems with the black printhead, email me. I will share a simple solution for unclogging any printhead with simple cleaning solutions you probably already have. I've used this technique on ink cartridges that have been sitting in the open for over a year and they still worked.
Stock Photos

PLOTTER Connections Model Photo Display
POLY LENS COVER
Stock Photo for Color Tests
CALIBRATED PARTS
HP INK CHART
Stock Photo Sample
Stock Sample Plot
Stock Sample Plot
HP PAPER CHART

Daily Performance:

"Normal" printer use:

"Normal" printer use means less than:
  • 40 pages per day (if medium-density E/A0 CAD plots), or
  • 10 pages per day (if medium-density E/A0 image prints
The reliability of the HP Designjet 757CM printer will be maximized by maintaining an output volume within 40 EA0-size plots per day on average. Plotter can support the occasional need for UP TO 100 plots per day, but the regular use of the HP Designjet plotter above an average of 40 plots per day may result in increased maintenance requirements.

About Us: Absolute Business Solutions

pic.jpg
Background: ABS is a 15 year professional company that specializes in 3 simple goals: acquire surplus equipment, refurbish and market for re-application at heavily discounted prices. Add our committment to providing honest work ethics and commitment to quality and the end result: Quality refurbished equipment, huge savings and happy customers.
This approach works best for people who are looking for good used equipment (minor cosmetic blemishes) but without the retail budget or the requirement of new condition. Blemishes are from being in a normal business environment and from surplus transporation. Meaning, don't expect the unit to be cosmetically flawless. If you are looking for this, then please buy new equipment. We do promise the blemishes will not affect the performance nor will it look extremely different than the samples above. If you have any questions or need clarification, please email or call before placing bid.
Recent Expansion: We have a HP certified service technician on our knowledgable team. This enables us to go through and perform many steps such as:
  • service configuration
  • ink calibrations
  • x-axis calibration
  • y-axis calibration
  • bear lubrication
  • auto cutter test
  • drop detect sensor test
  • auto-feed test
  • paper alignment test
  • gear/lube checks
  • belt travel
  • service station travel
  • gluide rod lubrication
  • internal print tests
  • controls test
This translates to end-user satisfaction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts