need recommendation

I recommend the Sony HW30. Just sold mine because lost my ht room(not for long hopefully). Bought it for 2D and rarely used 3D. It gave a very bright picture (necessity for 3D). 2D was top notch also.
Benq Is coming out with a 7000 model if dlp is more your taste. The new JVC RS45 looks promising as well.
If choosing a 3D projector, make sure the 2D picture is up to par.

I recommend the Sony HW30. Just sold mine because lost my ht room(not for long hopefully). Bought it for 2D and rarely used 3D. It gave a very bright picture (necessity for 3D). 2D was top notch also.
Benq Is coming out with a 7000 model if dlp is more your taste. The new JVC RS45 looks promising as well.

i probably would have considered buying yours but my va retro pay didn't hit my account until this morning. but thanks.

No problem Linda.
I will add the JVC RS45 does not have frame interpolation enabled on 3D. The Benq will have it and so does the Sony.
A lot of people have said that FI really makes a big difference in 3D.
I forgot about the new 3D Epson's. I believe FI is enabled in 3D on them as well.

Just be prepared, as with all "latest and greatest" that the technology is changing rapidly and whatever you get may look poorly in a couple of years, compared to what will then be the latest and greatest.

I would have jumped on this also but waiting on back pay also...

My opinions:

1. Don't go w/ the JVC. My experience has not been great and the newer models exhibit more ghosting than last year's models.
2. Sony HW30AES is solid and includes emitter and 2 pairs of glasses.
3. Mitsubishi 7800 looks like a real winner and is reasonably priced
4. Epson is way too bright in 2D according to reviews I've seen and doesn't have the most accurate picture.
5. Optoma HD83/8300 should be pretty solid, also.

In all, DLP's will exhibit the best 3D picture in a front projector.

S~

I am getting ready to review the optoma hd33....I will be upgrading to that one if it works out nicely....I should have it done by first of year...but that is the first 1080p 3d ready projector under 3000...heck under 1500 as I have seen it several places for 14 and some change.

i went cheap with 2 projectors. both benq . model mx-511 for my living room. 399 refurb with 1 year warranty. and a model ms-510 279.00 refurb.(lower end model of the model mx-511) for my man cave/ shop. i project good clean images on 120 inch screens. the 3d is not as good as the mitsubishi 65 inch dlp tv but it is still good. blu rays look better than our local movie theaters. i bought both of these from benq direct. eliminate the middle man. look for promo codes as they always have 100.00 off promo codes.

Are you using the 3DXL?

yes i am. both models look great. using cheep 3d glasses from china. the box has a panda on it. no name brand. use 3dxl and cheap 3 and 1 hdmi splitter. i am using sony blu rays home theater (model Sony BDV-E570), xbox 360 -for call of duty black ops in 3d (awesome). ps3 for a few other games. and directv hd dvr. showing 3d on 120 inch screen. not in the dark. medium lit room.

Last edited:
I recently picked up an Epson 3010. So far I'm VERY pleased with it! Out of the box with just minor tweaking both 2D & 3D look great for me. Throw distance of 14 1/2' to a 1.3 gain matte white screen--120"/16:9. Contrary to what has been reported 2D is NOT too bright even in a completely darkened room. Looks great with some lights on as well. If you google you can find a 10% off coupon from Best Buy which will save you $160!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)