Need to Vent - No HD for Me!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wedgewood

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
After FINALLY persuading my family that we should go the HD route, the installer came out and said our site is a no-go. We have trees in the location of the HD birds. He did say we are set up perfectly to get VOOM. :(

Is there any chance that any of the new satellites will be in a different location?

Thanks,
Wedge

Did the installer look for other alternatives or just give up after looking at one spot????

I believe the new sats will be in same positions.

spaceway mpeg4 local sats will be at different orbital.

But not seeing some of the D* birds doesn't prevent you from getting HD.

there's OTA Antenna, cable, Dish, Voom.... ExpressVu, C-Band, KU-Band

Do you have DirecTV now? The new hd birds are going to be much closer to where the core programming is now. The main birds are at 101 and the hd/locals now are at 110 and 119. The new hd programming will be at 99/101/103 so it's much closer to their main birds.

>Did the installer look for other alternatives or just give up after looking at one spot????

Thanks for the reply.

He said there were no alternatives. We get a perfect signal with our round dish mounted at eye level off the side of the house. I figured he could install it on the roof if there was a problem, but he said no way. Not on the roof, not on a pole mount, nothing. He said if we HAD to have HD to call for cable.

Thanks again,
Wedge

Do you guys live in a cylintrical tube of trees? LoL I bet if you can find a line of sight for the standard dish a real installer can find one for the PhaseIII,

charper1 said:
Do you guys live in a cylintrical tube of trees? LoL I bet if you can find a line of sight for the standard dish a real installer can find one for the PhaseIII,

My thoughts exactly.

Wedge, Give D* a call back and have another installer willing to actually do some work out to the house.

wedgewood said:
He said there were no alternatives. We get a perfect signal with our round dish mounted at eye level off the side of the house. I figured he could install it on the roof if there was a problem, but he said no way. Not on the roof, not on a pole mount, nothing. He said if we HAD to have HD to call for cable.

Call and get a new installer. Sounds like this one was unwilling to do a roof mount. Wonder if you have poor roof access or if he was just slacking off.

As far as I'm concerned, If you can see the current birds with your round dish, there should be a way for you to see the HD birds with the oval dish.

wedgewood said:
After FINALLY persuading my family that we should go the HD route, the installer came out and said our site is a no-go. We have trees in the location of the HD birds. He did say we are set up perfectly to get VOOM. :(

Is there any chance that any of the new satellites will be in a different location?

Thanks,
Wedge
1800GETVOOM

What about multiple single dishes at different locations to get a clear line of site. Any chance for a ground mount away from the house that would have a clear shot? You might also want to call Robert at www.valueelectronics.com and tell him your problem, maybe he knows an installer in your area that would go the extra mile.

Sounds like LIS (Lazy Installer Syndrome)

Get another installer out there. I'd call Robert at VE as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)