Neighbors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This would show them they ought to mind their own everlovin' business:

big.jpg

Get a transmitter dish and lnb aimed towards the sandbox when they complain about it turn it on and cook there bacon.

Reactions: fred555
I have been approached by many neighbors while installing customer dishes asking if I had a permit, demanding it be moved, asking if I would quite an install for them, telling me that trucks aren't allowed in the neighborhood, my work woke their child from nap, they get more lightning strikes, illegal to receive anything but Dish or DirecTV....

So many people have nothing better to do than complain and try to control everything around them. :(

Is the sandbox an eyesore or a hazard? If so, maybe consider the request. If not, make sure it is neat/tidy and go on with your lives... :D

I had a few people get mad at me because they could see the Dish from their house.

I told one lady if she didn't want to see it, she could pay me and I would install it on the other side of the customers house where she could not see it, as it was more work. Then she went and complained to my customer. He just laughed when he told me

Have any of your neighbors ever complained or go so far as to demand that you remove a FTA dish or OTA antenna from your property?

I have a neighbor that I know has talked about the many FTA dishes and OTA antennas on my property with other neighbors. The other neighbors don't seem to care, but this woman just doesn't like them. Yesterday, she told my wife that she will be having a BIG party on the 4th of July and "demands" that we remove an old sandbox that is located near her property before then. My wife thinks we should remove it, but I think we should tell her to pound sand. I'm even thinking about installing another satellite dish right in the center of the sandbox and perhaps even painting the shed a bright yellow.

Reminds me of a neighbor who asked me if I could stop parking my car on the circle a few doors away from my house said something about the school bus not being able to pick up her kid in front of her house.

I didn't see the issue but agreed to park my car on the corner as there is no parking in front of my house.

So I park on the corner and someone hits my car and causes like $500 in damage.

I go back to parking my car on the circle again.

Then the lady gets mad at me because the bus can't pick up her son.

So I'm like you want to pay to fix my truck and be responsible for all future damage?

Seriously if the sandbox is on your property I wouldn't do anything. If it was me and I didn't have any kids I would tell the neighbor they could remove the sandbox themselves if they wanted it gone.

I'm very lucky that here at the house I own now, all my neighbors like me and don't mind all the odd things I do, [odd to other people] like setting up a bunch of dishes. :biggrin

But, at a house I owned when I was younger, I had neighbors from hell that just would not mind their own business. They had a so so raised ranch that wasn't really anything special but looked nice, I was a young kid without much money buying a 1st fixer upper house. They constantly bothered me about my house, my yard, my car, my motorcycle, everything. I put up a high enough fence that they couldn't see into my yard at all and they still pestered me, it was crazy how much they were bothered with what I was or was not doing at my house. I got along with everyone fine in the neighborhood but them.

Sold that house and a few years later I'd driven by it, fence was down, yard was a mess, it looked like total sh*t, way, way worse than when I owned it. In my head I was thinking, "Boy, did those idiots ever get what they deserve!"

Set a desk out next to your dish. Dress in an official looking one-piece flight suit.
Stack a mixing board and some electronics on desk, don't forget a microphone and headset.
Run some obvious cables from desk over to the dish.
Maybe a shortwave with CW in the background for effect.

Direct a fictitious space craft into de-orbit burn and give landing instructions.

Advise spacecraft commander what jerks your neighbors are.
Let commander know that he may eject spent fuel cells at <give nieghbor's address and coordinates here> when you are sure they are listening.

Neighbors will probably never speak to you or ever look at you again. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Reactions: spongella
Now that I'm starting to settle into the new place, I have a neighbor issue. Rose, who USED to work in the rental office but was fired years ago (and still lives here) told me that if I read my lease, I'm not allowed to have my TV antenna. "That's why the apartments are wired for cable." she told me. My wife and I were on our way out, so I told her I'd take care of it once we returned. I moved it back a foot or so to make sure nothing was hanging beyond the railing, but that's as far as I'll go until an actual employee says something. If Mike or Shirley say anything, I'll point out that there's nothing in the lease excluding antennae or dishes. In fact, the lease says that I'm responsible for any cable/satellite TV bills. I'll just have a dish set up soon with no bill. :biggrin

I just wonder what the old bat will think if my wife paints the dish the way she wants (eye of Sauron).

Back in the 70's we were renting an apartment and I wanted to put up a vertical antenna for ham use on our apartment roof, with radials. I went to the landlord, asked his permission, and luckily his brother-in-law was also a ham, so he said okay, but his only concern was added wear and tear due to my trips to the roof and the size of the antenna. For an extra fee every month on the rent it would be okay with him though. I think it was an extra five or ten bucks.

Not saying for you to take the same approach, but it's the landlord you might want to deal with if it becomes an issue.

Awkward! Knowing that my neighbor arrives home between 1-1.5 hours later than I do, I quickly grab my chainsaw after work and begin to cut down additional shrubs and trees near the edge of the property. I cut only 2 shrubs, standup and she is standing right there watching me. :eeek While talking to her I find out that the sandbox has been there for over 30 years. I didn't tell her, but I have no plans to remove the sandbox before or even months after her big party. I'll cut a few shrubs and trim some weeds to make the area look better, but that is all I'm going to do.

I'm only dealing with the landlord, if I even have to. The one who complained just seems like one of those old people who has nothing better to do than nag the neighbors. She told me to picture all 90+ apartments with their own antenna. I almost told her it'd be beautiful.

I once had a job where the view out my office window was one of these (Torus antenna):

torus-700.jpg

I actually thought that it was beautiful. Loved looking at it.

If I was rich enough and lived on enough land, I'd have one of those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)