AZBOX Nerwork problems

ishare

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
I have a AZBox Premium HD+ fw 0.9.5306, Every time I want to access my local network I have to jump through hoops and ladders to get it to see the local workgroup. I have it set in the "File server" section to the correct workgroup. But, when I go to the "Play Video" section and select "Network" half the time it only shows "MYGROUP", and this does not exsisst on my network. After trying different things including rebooting several times it will finally show the correct workgroup name and I can access all of the computers on that network to play media files. Is there a way to get this to see the correct workgroup all of the time with out the hassle and frustration???????
Thanx

I am connected wired, and I have tried both static and dhcp ip's, currently dhcp.
thanx

I am connected wired, and I have tried both static and dhcp ip's, currently dhcp.
thanx

IIRC, a static IP address would be best, especially since you are having problems.

Few more questions:
In Settings, under "System Information" is there an IP address and does it say connected?

Under "Internet" what are the settings there?

What are the settings in "Network Services"?

Finally, when it says MYGROUP, can you FTP to the AZBox from one of your computers?

Turned on other computer yesterday to work on something and then my AZbox saw the correct network and navigated perfectly.
Go figure, I am not sure and still baffled as to the problem of sometimes not seeing the network and other times it see's it. I did not
change any settings in the AzBox, the only thing that changed was turning on a computer that is normally not on all of the time. Will
update if any further problems of this nature occur. I still think that there is an area in SSH that can be modified to make corrections
and force the AZBox to see network 100% of the time. But for now it seems to be working. Will experiment later on other variables.
Thanx for your input.

Few more questions:
In Settings, under "System Information" is there an IP address and does it say connected? Yes

Under "Internet" what are the settings there? DHCP ip's and connected, does show correct IP's for network subnet

What are the settings in "Network Services"? all services are turned on and configured

Finally, when it says MYGROUP, can you FTP to the AZBox from one of your computers? can only FTP when file service is manually activated and
IP's match

Thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)