Nesn HD and other RSN Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Questioner said:
"Tentatively, NESN HD games will be available sometime in late 2006."

I'm still not convinced the press release is entirely accurate myself.

Amazing! You believe a CSR over a D* press release. :rolleyes:

keenan said:
It's a great place, quite a bit more up to date with satellite stuff than AVS usually is. :)

Hey Keenan - lots of familiar faces here I see. Looking forward to sharing some of the info I got here as well!

Sean Mota
Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member
keeps Quoting:
***** DirecTv is the HD Leader ******* (update as of 6/28/06 DirecTv does not call itself the HD Leader)
Self Proclaimed Leader got his A..S Kicked... Extra! June 9, 2006: Dish Network™ Expands Hd Lineup To 29 Channels
Why will DirecTv ever address the HD Lite issue since they seem to be committed to HDLITE!!!!!!!!!!! and have not addressed that there is a PQ problem?

I say
So you are telling us that E* does not have HDLITE most of us know better than that as far as 29 HD channels that means nothing if the content is not important to you or some channels only have a few hours if that a day of HD programming and after a month its all the same repeat after repeat. I am happy with the HD choices right now with D* I have the locals the ESPN'S, TNT, HD Net and now my local RSN
Like I have said in past posts I am sticking with D* because I feel they will be the future and I can wait.
You can go on all you want about the quantity of HD channels but I am more interested right now in the content of the channels.

upnorth said:
Sean Mota
Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member
keeps Quoting:
***** DirecTv is the HD Leader ******* (update as of 6/28/06 DirecTv does not call itself the HD Leader)
Self Proclaimed Leader got his A..S Kicked... Extra! June 9, 2006: Dish Network™ Expands Hd Lineup To 29 Channels
Why will DirecTv ever address the HD Lite issue since they seem to be committed to HDLITE!!!!!!!!!!! and have not addressed that there is a PQ problem?

I say
So you are telling us that E* does not have HDLITE most of us know better than that as far as 29 HD channels that means nothing if the content is not important to you or some channels only have a few hours if that a day of HD programming and after a month its all the same repeat after repeat. I am happy with the HD choices right now with D* I have the locals the ESPN'S, TNT, HD Net and now my local RSN
Like I have said in past posts I am sticking with D* because I feel they will be the future and I can wait.
You can go on all you want about the quantity of HD channels but I am more interested right now in the content of the channels.

Yes there are some, IE: mainly the voom series of channels and CBS, NBC and StarzHD. Everything else is in True HD. Why get forced feed 100%crap from D* when you can only get 25% crap from E*. There has been numerous reports that E*'s HD quality kicks D*'s ass even on the hdlite stuff. What you dont understand the qualty of content you get from D* could be that much better with e*, Everything that D* carrries is carried on E* in full rez. Do you think thats a mistake? Even on the new channels like HGTVHD, and NatGeoHD The quality has been really good. If your seriously wanting to look into the content of channels you should have allread had your E* system installed becasue the content thats on all the (33 hd channels including locals) has been really good other than a few voom repeats, but that has gotten much much better.

TulsaCoker said:
I heard that the mpeg4 channels are not "HD-Lite" on D* and I did not know E* carried the RSN's in HD.

Actually sence you mention it, yes mpeg4 on D* is in hdlite! after all i am in the know on things, (stophdlite.com) :D, also on the RSN topic, nither is D*, its my understanding that there just carring mlb games avaible on SPOT BEAMS one channel via that rsn hd channel, I think in about 3-6 more months if that you all will be jaw dropping at E* when they will be up on a 24 /7 basis for all to see, and not on SPOT BEAMS and it wont be excluded to mlb only:D :)

From what I understand it in select markets you can receive your local RSN in HD. E* does not carry them. In terms of mpeg4 HD-Lite what info do you have on that. No offence but because you are a part of stophdlite what does that mean.?
I have read a lot of post from people with mpeg4 HD locals and they seem to think it is equal to their HD OTA.

TulsaCoker said:
I have read a lot of post from people with mpeg4 HD locals and they seem to think it is equal to their HD OTA.

But with the added bonus of frequent pixelization, lip sync problems, and audio and video drops.

TulsaCoker said:
Like E* does not have that?

Not as widespread, plus at least you can record them to better troubleshoot issues. But the point is, with a good OTA signal, no, you won't have that.

ScoBuck said:
If you want an intelligent answer to this questioner, just ask keenan.

Watch the personal attacks, those will get you banned quick around here.

Questioner said:
Watch the personal attacks, those will get you banned quick around here.

I didn't attack you - I told you to ask another member (who has E*) and has posted from his experience HUGE problems with HD locals from DISH.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts