Netflix Intergration coming to DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
35151. I'm pretty sure most of Sylacauga is saturated with U-verse...but 35150 is the (east) side of US280, and 35151 is the (west) side of US280...I think that's how they mapped it.

I've caught a few DSL techs/line techs at the hut while riding my ATV and stopped to chat...
This hut feeds a cell tower that's 1 mile from the hut. Fiber is run under my driveway for the feed from CO, plus the feed going back up to the cell tower...
Even with an AT&T cell tower depending on the hut, i thought we would be in-line to receive an IPDSLAM to get faster speeds, plus light-up a faster LTE service on the cell side for that tower. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Feel free to PM me for more info if you want.
OK ( pm)
I'll check what I can ..
I'm not guaranteed an answer either.
They've got THE man teaching classes right now in hoover last I checked ( dont ask & shaking my head)

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I have 2 dsl modems, 2 lines going out to my interface...2 phone numbers for billing purposes...etc. I don't use nothing but naked DSL...AT&T's last mile copper pricing for phone service is...atrocious? disastrous? extremely comical?
Less than 5 miles away they have U-verse with FTTC at a subdivision..but where I live...not.

Also, I live exactly next door to the slick/hut for my area. The DSLAM I get internet from is a rock's throw from me.
Ask them to run a line out of the CO for you instead !

Ask one of them if they can do a Pair Bonded set up, you can increase your speeds that way, you would be quite happy with that.

Ask them to run a line out of the CO for you instead !

Ask one of them if they can do a Pair Bonded set up, you can increase your speeds that way, you would be quite happy with that.
Bonded pairs take hardware that costs hundreds, or software running on a computer which can bottleneck, or cost as well..and it's not worth it. And it would be up to me to furnish the hardware because I've already asked about that.
A line from the CO...well now that's just not gonna happen.
The best I've been able to do is have them cut me dead on the loop which took about 1500ft off of my signal...instead of going the entire run, there's 1 drop between me and the hut.

Bonded pairs take hardware that costs hundreds, or software running on a computer which can bottleneck, or cost as well..and it's not worth it. And it would be up to me to furnish the hardware because I've already asked about that.
A line from the CO...well now that's just not gonna happen.
The best I've been able to do is have them cut me dead on the loop which took about 1500ft off of my signal...instead of going the entire run, there's 1 drop between me and the hut.
Who ever told you that ?

We do Bonded pair tickets all the time ...

The company supplies the Modems.
However, I may be thinking about U Verse being bonded, not sure about regular DSL, however I do know that a freind of mione that Owns his Computer shop is currently running 2 dsl lines and 2 modems into a router to double his dsl speed till we get U Verse to his location ( 6 months probably, maybe sooner).

They told me only uverse gets bonded...something about the ATM circuit...etc.
Even if I do that, I'm still barely getting 1mbps upload..and that's the big issue for me.
12mbps download...and barely 1mbps up...if you add them both together.

Reactions: bamasat
They told me only uverse gets bonded...something about the ATM circuit...etc.
Even if I do that, I'm still barely getting 1mbps upload..and that's the big issue for me.
12mbps download...and barely 1mbps up...if you add them both together.
You need more than 1mbps UP ?

You need more than 1mbps UP ?
Very much so. Have you tried uploading high-def video at such speeds? It takes me about an hour to upload a ten minute HD video to YouTube with my G3 on Wi-Fi. And that's correct if you figure it would take about 6 hours for an hour long video. I usually try to do it with LTE since my upload is around 10 mbps.

I could NEVER AFFORD speeds like that.
Runs about 100/mo for phone and internet. Unlimited long distance and all features. 10/mo is modem rental. I need to buy one eventually.. that and call to bitch about my bill I either want the 150 speed or a lower bill.

This is after shutting netflix off two tvs.
Screenshot_2015-01-18-20-56-18.png

Runs about 100/mo for phone and internet. Unlimited long distance and all features. 10/mo is modem rental. I need to buy one eventually.. that and call to bitch about my bill I either want the 150 speed or a lower bill.

This is after shutting netflix off two tvs.
Screenshot_2015-01-18-20-56-18.png
I can't afford $100 a month for internet and phone ...
My internet and phone already runs me about $ 80 and thats ridiculous as it is.
I don't have many options here ...
The local cable company or the phone company at a whopping 1.5 speed.

I can't afford $100 a month for internet and phone ...
My internet and phone already runs me about $ 80 and thats ridiculous as it is.
I don't have many options here ...
The local cable company or the phone company at a whopping 1.5 speed.
80$ ? VDSL or cbl?
If you work for att you should have employee pricing available.
(1/2 price down here.)
FYI we use Dish after 18+ years with D*.
and won't accept uverse tv @ no price.

Yea my options are verizon dsl (unsure of type) but their highest speeds are 7-15. And it could be anywhere in that realm.

Comcast, hughesnet, or excede. The last two not even considerable imo.

And the 7-15 service would cost me 60/month from Verizon with limited local calling then I'd get a 7/mo discount from directv.

80$ ? VDSL or cbl?
If you work for att you should have employee pricing available.
(1/2 price down here.)
FYI we use Dish after 18+ years with D*.
and won't accept uverse tv @ no price.
Cable ... unfortunately.

ATT not allowed in the area I live ... old GT1 area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)