Netflix Intergration coming to DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would have never thought having Netflix on my receiver would be a big deal, given that I can access it from my blu-ray player, my Apple TV, and my Fire Stick, but I find myself using it on the Dish Hopper all the time, providing a convenience that is impressive. I suspect that increases the pressure on DirecTV to follow-suit.
I find it just as convenient and even quicker to use my xbox one. Of course I have my hopper set to pass through so I dont have to change inputs.

But, it would be a convenient alternative for most. Hopefully Directv gets it as well.

I find it just as convenient and even quicker to use my xbox one. Of course I have my hopper set to pass through so I dont have to change inputs.

But, it would be a convenient alternative for most. Hopefully Directv gets it as well.
For me hopper wins because it gets fully wired Ethernet speeds through the broadband connector while the other devices are on wifi. But I still prefer the Apple TV Netflix ui

Reactions: Ronnie-
Most of this topic (merger/ acquisition) and its comments here are ....
Like stabbing at ghosts. (Smh)
Look south outside the US (Latin America) for some solid validity.
22 states is correct at least.
Unless you work for ATT, I would think that I have more accurate info than you.

Cuid #?
I almost lit up when I saw the post in this thread of " subbing out" and concerning the CWA.
Enough said. :)
Sure, they sub lots of stuff out now ...
However, theres actually been talk of late about getting our own Line Crew back in place and quit giving the work to the Subs.
I think the company is probably getting screwed by the contractors in some cases.

Sure, they sub lots of stuff out now ...
However, theres actually been talk of late about getting our own Line Crew back in place and quit giving the work to the Subs.
I think the company is probably getting screwed by the contractors in some cases.
Are you in Ohio?. ( sub's)
Congrats on the championship Btw

Yes I am and Thank You !
Can't believe the way we played. Worst performance of the year and when it counted.
21-6 and Blake hit your def end square in the numbers with the ball.
I pulled for ya though against the hurry up quacks.
That's not football, its a joke !
----
BTW trust me on the Latin comments.
Its a big part.

Can't believe the way we played. Worst performance of the year and when it counted.
21-6 and Blake hit your def end square in the numbers with the ball.
I pulled for ya though against the hurry up quacks.
That's not football, its a joke !
----
BTW trust me on the Latin comments.
Its a big part.
While I am a Buckeye thru and thru, I have always liked Saban ... growing up I also followed Bama football with the Bear, my best freind back then was a Bama fan so it kinda grew on me ...

Yes, I was very happy with the way the Buckeyes played thruout the playoffs.

Now for the QB quandary.

While I am a Buckeye thru and thru, I have always liked Saban ... growing up I also followed Bama football with the Bear, my best freind back then was a Bama fan so it kinda grew on me ...

Yes, I was very happy with the way the Buckeyes played thruout the playoffs.

Now for the QB quandary.
I hear ya i liked woody too. ( AND the discipline - face mask :D he exercised)
These kids now days are so foolish they need the bear and woody more than ever.
You won the trophy when we lost .. No need for another game.
Duck football? A shell game of 9 second snaps. Flat out some other sport.. But not called football.
I laughed when they tried to stop Zeke. * our fb and rb derrick henry is bigger than their whole team beside the def ends practically.
( ya know I'm gonna say " we lost it" instead of you " beat us". Right:D )
When Zeke broke loose .. Urban saw we had 2 freshman LB and no best safety in America Collins on the field/ hurt.

Qb?? Yeah I'd take big boy for your style of ball over both those other 2.
" dancers" any day.

I hear ya i liked woody too. ( AND the discipline - face mask :D he exercised)
These kids now days are so foolish they need the bear and woody more than ever.
You won the trophy when we lost .. No need for another game.
Duck football? A shell game of 9 second snaps. Flat out some other sport.. But not called football.
I laughed when they tried to stop Zeke. * our fb and rb derrick henry is bigger than their whole team beside the def ends practically.
( ya know I'm gonna say " we lost it" instead of you " beat us". Right:D )
When Zeke broke loose .. Urban saw we had 2 freshman LB and no best safety in America Collins on the field/ hurt.

Qb?? Yeah I'd take big boy for your style of ball over both those other 2.
" dancers" any day.
Buckeyes outplayed your guys.
Nice change of pace to be able to say that. :)

One thing I have found with Urban, he ALWAYS has his team Ready for the Big games.

Buckeyes outplayed your guys.
Nice change of pace to be able to say that. :)

One thing I have found with Urban, he ALWAYS has his team Ready for the Big games.

Outplayed? Yes
Better??? _______

We better stop .. D* people going to get mad here.
Go bucs and Roll tide!

You had me until you stated "Deslreports.com" Too many kids over there having pipe dreams. Netflix will never come to Pay to view tv boxes. Because it cuts into the providers revenue stream.

With the Roku Streaming Stick, Chrome Cast, Amazon Fire TV stick, Smart TV's, there is no need to embed something like Netflix on the boxes. We are lucky to have Youtube & Pandora. But that is because they are paying DirecTV through the ad revenue, to have DirecTV carry those two apps.

I have spent the last two weeks watching Netflix, because nothing on TTV, until the new seasons start on Monday.

You had me until you stated "Deslreports.com" Too many kids over there having pipe dreams. Netflix will never come to Pay to view tv boxes. Because it cuts into the providers revenue stream.

DSL reports?
And Netflix IS on the hopper w sling / dish a pay TV provider.

Nice to see a fellow bammer....
I live just south of Bham...down 280 a little.
And AT&T employee also?
I got major issues with Deathstar...if you're an employee in any rural area, then you can guess why...
Install old ATMDSLAM that was used in Atlanta back in 2001 for us to get DSL here...leave it for decades I guess with no future of upgrading past 6meg down/.5 meg up. But hey, at least it's intranets...They filled up the DSLAM within 3 months of installing it, and won't invest in an IPDSLAM to deliver Uverse to us. The ONLY ISP we can get. Yep...we are right where they want us to be.
I have to buy 2 DSL lines to get enough service to be able to stream some and play PS4 online without HUGE lag...

Nice to see a fellow bammer....
I live just south of Bham...down 280 a little.
And AT&T employee also?
I got major issues with Deathstar...if you're an employee in any rural area, then you can guess why...
Install old ATMDSLAM that was used in Atlanta back in 2001 for us to get DSL here...leave it for decades I guess with no future of upgrading past 6meg down/.5 meg up. But hey, at least it's intranets...They filled up the DSLAM within 3 months of installing it, and won't invest in an IPDSLAM to deliver Uverse to us. The ONLY ISP we can get. Yep...we are right where they want us to be.
I have to buy 2 DSL lines to get enough service to be able to stream some and play PS4 online without HUGE lag...
RTR !!
Personal opinion and many more from around here is when texASS got involved ( bellsouth 9 state acquisition by att) the whole thing turned to ____.
Wife still there and I am sometimes intertwined with transmission engineers.
It was a sad day when that first coat of paint was seen on the vans.
I go to data drive ( hoover Al uverse and call center regularly FYI )and its filled with the new kids on the block. IE the stepford wives & brain washed in blue and white. Not the same company in the slightest.
= Hail to south central bell and bellsouth !!!

Btw
2 lines? Are you saying you actually have 2 drops ( lines) to the premises.
And pay 2 bills for the same speed?
Help ? How ?

RTR !!

Btw
2 lines? Are you saying you actually have 2 drops ( lines) to the premises.
And pay 2 bills for the same speed?

Help ? How ?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I have 2 dsl modems, 2 lines going out to my interface...2 phone numbers for billing purposes...etc. I don't use nothing but naked DSL...AT&T's last mile copper pricing for phone service is...atrocious? disastrous? extremely comical?
Less than 5 miles away they have U-verse with FTTC at a subdivision..but where I live...not.

Also, I live exactly next door to the slick/hut for my area. The DSLAM I get internet from is a rock's throw from me.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I have 2 dsl modems, 2 lines going out to my interface...2 phone numbers for billing purposes...etc. I don't use nothing but naked DSL...AT&T's last mile copper pricing for phone service is...atrocious? disastrous? extremely comical?
Less than 5 miles away they have U-verse with FTTC at a subdivision..but where I live...not.

Also, I live exactly next door to the slick/hut for my area. The DSLAM I get internet from is a rock's throw from me.
I see. So a dedicated modem to the PS4.
Funny thing is they use the "last mile" term in every thing they Face the FCC in also like its a bargaining chip or better said extortion tactic attempting to get what they want with SEC and govt.
Using it now in the D Acquisition again also stomping their feet.
Sad to say though you have what is called HSI and ?????
If I see my guy / the list so to speak.
I'll ask a question or 2 about deployment /upgrades .
What zip?

I see. So a dedicated modem to the PS4.
Funny thing is they use the "last mile" term in every thing they Face the FCC in also like its a bargaining chip or better said extortion tactic attempting to get what they want with SEC and govt.
Using it now in the D Acquisition again also stomping their feet.
Sad to say though you have what is called HSI and ?????
If I see my guy / the list so to speak.
I'll ask a question or 2 about deployment /upgrades .
What zip?
35151. I'm pretty sure most of Sylacauga is saturated with U-verse...but 35150 is the (east) side of US280, and 35151 is the (west) side of US280...I think that's how they mapped it.

I've caught a few DSL techs/line techs at the hut while riding my ATV and stopped to chat...
This hut feeds a cell tower that's 1 mile from the hut. Fiber is run under my driveway for the feed from CO, plus the feed going back up to the cell tower...
Even with an AT&T cell tower depending on the hut, i thought we would be in-line to receive an IPDSLAM to get faster speeds, plus light-up a faster LTE service on the cell side for that tower. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Feel free to PM me for more info if you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts