Neusat Sp-6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you so very much Ironsides. I tried most of what you posted with no success previously, but I will try your instructions step by step.

hmmm

Thank you so very much Ironsides. I tried most of what you posted with no success previously, but I will try your instructions step by step.

If you follow the instructions I posted you shouldn't have any troubles. I just checked them again and everything seems right on.:rolleyes:

If your receiver is working correctly and is a genuine Neusat it shouldn't be any problem. Only thing I can think of is corrupted firmware or you are not making sure to highlite the satellite and your edits are not staying set:confused:. I am not sure why you are having so much troubles, but anything is possible with some of these receivers...:eek: The Neusat 6000 is a good little receiver and right in lines with a Coolsat 5000 as far as features and blindscanning goes...

If you follow the instructions I posted you shouldn't have any troubles. I just checked them again and everything seems right on.:rolleyes:

If your receiver is working correctly and is a genuine Neusat it shouldn't be any problem. Only thing I can think of is corrupted firmware or you are not making sure to highlite the satellite and your edits are not staying set:confused:. I am not sure why you are having so much troubles, but anything is possible with some of these receivers...:eek: The Neusat 6000 is a good little receiver and right in lines with a Coolsat 5000 as far as features and blindscanning goes...

Success!!! I found the mistake I was making. :rolleyes:

Most receivers like Coolsat have the PID entry as follows (Video, Audio, PCR), so without looking at the labels using the Neusat I was entering (101,102,101) for CW East. This morning I looked at the labels while typing and I saw Neusat has them as follows (PCR, Video,Audio). So, I typed (101, 101,102) and there was CW East. :) I then entered CW West and Central.

Now I can honestly say that manual PID entry is easier using the Neusat compared to Coolsat receivers.

glad

Glad you got that figured out...Honestly, I think the Neusat is far above other receivers out there. Once you figure it out and learn all the sub menus and get some good firmware on it. It is an awesome FTA receiver and I think from reading that is exactly what it was intended for when it was first released. However, sales prompted the 3rd party firmware for jacking signals.

I can fault the 9000hd model as it is seriously lacking needed features for real FTA.

I wonder if some company out there couldn't make some type of add on for some of these older boxes to keep them current. That would be neat...

But then again I guess we all want the newest and best thing in receivers...I tend to over look some of the older boxes that would have been awesome Real FTA boxes had they not taken the jack crap route.

Today I dug out my Neusat 6000 to program the postions in my rotor because the rotor plugin for vdr is a mess. Scanning 91w with a Invacom QPH-031 using the linear side, it scanned into the circular band and found some of the bev stuff. 134 TV and 28 radio channels. TP's it found:
11742 V
11857 V
11875 V
12051 V
12141 V
12342 V/R
11802 H
12314 H/L
12342 H/L
12459 H/L
12517 H/L
12545 H/L
12574 H/L

I know this is an old thread and this is an outdated receiver, but here goes nothing. I wasn't sure what firmware version i had on it so i downloaded the only one I could find (hosted on this very website) and updated it. After I updated it, i noticed that it took longer to turn on and before it shuts down for about a fraction of a second it says something like "wait to save" in a blue text box. Any ideas what thats all about? I don't really expect a response but I figured why not.

I uploaded the Neusat sP6000 Standard OEM factory firmware to this site.

It worked fine on my cheap eBay Neusat SP6000 Standard, which I no longer have. Don't know what the wait to save message is all about. If you have scanned in new channels or edited the channel list, it might be saving those changes.

It was a popular pirate box in it's day. When that day ended they could be bought real cheap on eBay. I think I paid $29.99 including UPS shipment.

If I remember correctly, firmware could be loaded from a USB stick, but you could not save your firmware or channel list to the USB memory stick.

Have fun with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts