Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
File downloads and extracts fine for me. Please try again.

File is corrupted :(

I just downloaded and extracted the ZIP file I upoaded yesterday to test it. No problems.

Please try downloading it again.

If your Neusat will not accept it from USB, you may need to load it from a serial port connection. See attached .DOC file for instructions.

hwm

Attachments

• Revive Dead Neusat.doc
    19 KB · Views: 672
It happened here at work, so I will try again when I get home. It tells me the file is corrupt when trying to open the zip file after it is downloaded.

Another member mentioned the same issue with another file posted

popcorn if you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send it as an e-mail (or hwm if you prefer)...I know I can unzip it here on my computer

Another member mentioned the same issue with another file posted

popcorn if you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send it as an e-mail (or hwm if you prefer)...I know I can unzip it here on my computer

I am going to PM you for the file. I downloaded the file attached to this thread, but it didn't open at home as well.

Thank you HWM and Iceberg! The receiver was successfully upgraded using the firmware file you sent me. I lost all the programmed channels, but blind scans are now only 18 minutes instead of 1 hour (was due to hacker firmware scanning every 2MHz). Plus it now scans in the "-dig" channels on Galaxy 17. Even the background color changed to orange and blue from solid blue.

BTW: A&E HD & THV HD now scan in on Galaxy 17 C-band. Wish I had a SatHawk to view them.

Accomplished the following:
  • Upgraded firmware
  • Rescanned Galaxy 17 C-Band - 72 channels
  • Rescanned Galaxy 19 C-Band - 10 channels
  • Rescanned Galaxy 19 KU-Band - 249 channels

Blind scans are now only 18 minutes using new firmware. :)

I now can successfully edit satellite and channel names. This could not be done using the hacker firmware.

The only thing that I can't do is successfully add the three CW channels on Galaxy 17 C-Band. How can this be done using this receiver?

This is what I tried (works on Coolsat 4000)
  1. Changed EWTN frequency from 3920 to 37200
  2. Changed EWTN symbol rate from 26000 to 26700
  3. Changed the PIDS (101, 201 and 301)
  4. The channels then appear blank and it says "scrambled channel"

Is there an advanced scan or pid scan?

I think the "coolsat trick" only works on a coolsat and maybe one other receiver model

Is there an advanced scan or pid scan?

I think the "coolsat trick" only works on a coolsat and maybe one other receiver model

I don't think there is an advanced or pid scan on this receiver, but I'll look tomorrow after work. I already spent 5 hours tonight playing with this receiver. :)

it has

The CW channels will have to be manually put in with the correct PID and VID information...

If you can't figure out how to do it let me know...it should be pretty easy!

It does have a sort of Advanced TP scan but I am not sure about PID scans..I have not used mine in a couple of months...I will have to hook it up and see..

The CW channels will have to be manually put in with the correct PID and VID information...

If you can't figure out how to do it let me know...it should be pretty easy!

It does have a sort of Advanced TP scan but I am not sure about PID scans..I have not used mine in a couple of months...I will have to hook it up and see..

I have manually entered the CW channels on my Coolsat 4000 and many other FTA satellite receivers in the past, but for some reason I am unable to program them into the Neusat SP-6000.

Right now I am scanning in AMC21 to see if I can possibly get the sound on AC-3 PBS channels.

Since I own a Coolsat 6000, I just gotta ask: What is the Coolsat Trick?

The Coolsat trick is changing the EWTN frequency and symbol rate to that of the CW channels. Then edit three of the EWTN channel names and PIDS to that of the CW channels. Then delete the remaining EWTN channels and perform another blind scan to gain back the EWTN channels.

Factory Neusat Channel Editor software.

I hooked my Sp-6000 up and cannot find a way to manually enter PIDs from the onscreen menus either.

Here is a copy of the Neusat factory channel list editing tool for MS Windows. I have never used it other than to run the program and click around in it for a few minutes.

I would encourage you to save a backup copy of your settings before monkeying with your channel list and reloading into the receiver.

If this software performs as advertised, adding PIDs should be possible.

It looks to me like one has to upload the Neusat's channel list to a PC via Serial Port connection. I could not find a way to save the existing channel list direct to USB from the Neusat.

I found the neusat upload guide on the Internet, and edited the pirate-only applicable stuff out of it.

The PDF Neusat manual does not have clear instructions on how to save a channel list. This .doc file does.

Attachments

• neusat ch list editing tool.zip
    334.1 KB · Views: 116
  • neusatuploadguide.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:
Since I own a Coolsat 6000, I just gotta ask: What is the Coolsat Trick?

some channels like the CW feeds on 91W C-Band cannot be scanned in on a regular scan. You need to do a PID scan. Since the Coolsats dont do PID scan you have to do a workaround...its posted here
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/206404-wus-up-cw-g-17-91w.html

On some receivers if you change transponder info the existing channels stay in there properly. On a Coolsat they don't. If you change the transponder info the channels will change. So what we do is scan in EWTN, change the PIDS to the CW ones, then change the transponder info so the CW channels show up :)

I hooked my Sp-6000 up and cannot find a way to manually enter PIDs from the onscreen menus either.

Here is a copy of the Neusat factory channel list editing tool for MS Windows. I have never used it other than to run the program and click around in it for a few minutes.

I would encourage you to save a backup copy of your settings before monkeying with your channel list and reloading into the receiver.

If this software performs as advertised, adding PIDs should be possible.

It looks to me like one has to upload the Neusat's channel list to a PC via Serial Port connection. I could not find a way to save the existing channel list direct to USB from the Neusat.

I found the neusat upload guide on the Internet, and edited the pirate-only applicable stuff out of it.

The PDF Neusat manual does not have clear instructions on how to save a channel list. This .doc file does.

Thank you very much!

satellite setup

It is very easy to edit the pid's

and add channels on the 6000

I will check it out and give you a step by step how too..

give me about an hour..

Go too

Ok to Edit PID's

SIMPLE Steps

1. GO to Menu
2. Go to Installation
3. Enter Password
4. You have a list of Satellites Choose Galaxy 19 if you do not have it add it in by pressing Green Button
5. Once you've added the new Satellite with the correct information
use your right arrow button and move the highlite over to TP setup! Make sure now to enter in the TP information for the CW channels!!!!

6. Press OK and it should bring up a new sub menu
7. To add new TP press green button! Here you need to add in all the information for the CW Tp!
8. You must have a TP in order to edit the PID!
9. To Edit PID and NAME CHANNEL HIT YELLOW BUTTON!

10. Now you should have a new Sub MENU SCREEN!
11. To add press GREEN BUTTON and you should be able to NAME AND ADD ALL THE CW Channels!

READ THE SCROLLING SCREEN ON HOW TO SAVE AND EDIT on the bottom!

EACH MENU HAS DIRECTIONS on the BOTTON OF THE SCREEN THAT SCROLLS SLOWY! Just READ it and follow the directions...

Sorry for the CAP's I do not mean that as insulting or yelling just trying to make a point...

These instructions work with 3rd party and factory firmware OR in my case they do..

These instructions should work with NEUSAT 6000 and 6000P models, it works fine with mine!

Make sure you have all the settings correct for your satellite! Make sure you have the correct tp for CW if you don't you will need to ADD that TP and then EDIT the PIDS for it...ALL THE SETTINGS NEED BE CORRECT SUCH AS SWITCHES AND LNB TYPE! If you do not have the correct Transponder information you are wasting your time trying to edit the pid information.

I should add any time you are editing your SATELLITE make sure you highlite it on the list and press ok then move to the TP SET UP by pressing right arrow... You should still see that the satellite is highlited this will insure all your changes are going to the correct satellite.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Ironsides!

Man, I feel like a dummy for not noticing those scrolling instructions. I just tried it, and your instructions work perfectly.

Sharing information like this is what I love about this forum. I learn something new each visit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts