Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
GaryPen said:
It would be nice to have a local FTA retailer for parts (I just got ripped off at SlyLite in Milpitas for a longer mounting arm for my dish.)

Surplus Computers in Santa Clara carries LNBF, Motor, dish, coolsat and Fortec receivers etc, though the choice is limited and little expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero said:
Surplus Computers in Santa Clara carries LNBF, Motor, dish, coolsat and Fortec receivers etc, though the choice is limited and little expensive.
I go in there on occasion for PC accessories. They don't really have squat when it comes to FTA. A few things here and there. And, WAY overpriced, considering the PC-related bargains. Actually, I was in there a coupla days ago to get a USB-Serial converter for my Coolsat programming cable. (My laptop has no serial ports!)

I don't care what happens in NY. It's not needed here in the FTA area to get a point across. (unless there is an issue with a product or having issues getting a dish aimed).

Iceberg said:
(unless there is an issue with a product or having issues getting a dish aimed).

Then its justified, same as if you hit your :up with a hammer!

Just trying to raise/maintain the tone.

My offer was accepted today. $51 + $19 shipping was declined but $52 + $19 shipping was accepted...go figure. I'm hoping that this will work with the alphastar (ever heard of that brand?) dish and LNB I picked up locally for $30. The box said 29" but it measures 30" x 33". Shopping for a motor now. I'll probably use one of our gold sponsors. Been reading posts on this site for going on three weeks now and I can't wait to get this stuff working. The info on this site is awesome!!! I'll find out next week if any of it sunk in.

brdwatcher said:
My offer was accepted today. $51 + $19 shipping was declined but $52 + $19 shipping was accepted...go figure.
ya gotta love it. They accepted after you went up a buck

I'm hoping that this will work with the alphastar (ever heard of that brand?) dish and LNB I picked up locally for $30. The box said 29" but it measures 30" x 33".
yep. I remember Alphastar. Around the same time as Primestar. The dish will work just fine

welcome :wave to the site

They accepted my offer of $51 too! I'l probably receive it about the same time I get the Coolsat back. I shoulda waited until I got this one before RMAing the CS. (Actually, if I woulda waited, I'd have known about the joint in Sunnyvale that woulda exchanged it.)

COOL! YOu guys will like this little receiver! Kinda weird how the offers are accepted. Mine was shipped via USPS Priority. I paid on Tuesday about 6pm cst and the unit was here Thursday!

Iceberg said:
maybe I should have put in a bid of $51 originally
eh, 5 bucks more ain't that bad :)

$5 dif is not bad. I think $80 or less with shipping isnt too bad for this receiver. I am very impressed. I can only compare to the Fortec, but I like this one better.

You mean there are legit FTA'ers? :) Everyone I talk to about it, it seems the first thing they ask me "so do you get all the movie channels and ppv for free?" I have decided not to talk to people about it now :-( It is more hassle than it is worth! People just don't get it.

Other stuff? You mean there is somethnig other than FTA? How dare ye speak those words! :) Actually I am at work for a few more minutes, so will need to find something to do :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satpro manhattan rs1933