New Add-On Packages

I didn't say it was a good experience I just said that Vue was on Roku. There is a "schedule" when you select the channel that you want to watch but it's very lackluster.

I was only really doing the comparison for myself and found that almost all the channels that were offered in the add-on packs were mostly available via psvues core package with some added channels that aren't a part of Flex. I'm currently at America's top 200 and noticed that both the core options for Vue and flex is almost $15.00/month cheaper than America's Top 200. I am absolutely aware that it might not work for most but I just thought I would share my comparisons and findings.

I didn't realize my post would look like a reply to you. (It does look that way) It's actually more to another post and just a general observation.

Honestly I'd rather go with Sling Blue package than the Flex Pack from what I've seen so far. But then, I don't have an investment in Dish DVR of any type.

I'm talking about the "marketing", not the card, though that may be a qualifier. I have no idea what boxes have what "cards" since they are all built in, the last decade.
As a general guideline, anything Hopper or newer, or any receiver (maybe just HD receivers) that was refurbished after the Hopper was introduced, will have the white G4 Smart Card.

After experimenting with activating / deactivating various receivers, I have come to the conclusion that receivers with the old purple G3 Smart Cards will still receive the free preview channels and other free satellite-delivered channels when they are deactivated, while receivers with the new white G4 Smart Card will not work for any free satellite-delivered channels when they are deactivated. This may be an important consideration for anyone who is thinking about dropping Dish service and continuing to use a deactivated receiver to get the free channels. Any deactivated HD receiver will still work for OTA channels, now with guide data (a recent change) regardless of which Smart Card model it has.

Yes it makes the Welcome Pack seem like a real deal if $10 of it are locals and the rest you get for $9.99.
Actually, it is even better than that. On the back of my latest Dish bill, in the "About Your Bill" section, I noticed that Dish brought back the line about the base package price including a $9 per month lease fee for the first receiver. So, that would make the national Welcome Pack channels only $0.99 per month!

I checked this evening and I can see the Add-On packages now on my online Dish account. I attached a screenshot.
I may be nitpicking, but I noticed that the screenshot says "You have received a Flex Pack..." (rather than "...the Flex Pack...") which makes me wonder if there are other Flex Packs, like hopefully a cheaper version that would be a closer equivalent to Welcome Pack.

I suspect that all of the packages related to this are "flex packs". That is simply the "base" one. The others are "National action flex pack" and so on...

I definitely wouldn't read more into it than that.

I suspect that all of the packages related to this are "flex packs". That is simply the "base" one. The others are "National action flex pack" and so on...

I definitely wouldn't read more into it than that.
I am just saying that a "Flex" version of Welcome Pack, or even a Locals Only package, would be a nice option to have. So, consider my post more of a suggestion, rather than speculation.

I am willing to bet DISH is not willing to service a $10 a month Locals account, even if @ $15 and then field calls when a local is out because of weather or because of dispute etc ... Receiver problems etc. It's possible we are seeing just the begining of changes to tiers, and there may not be a Welcome package as presently constituted.

Being a little conspiratorial - Is there a connection with the line item of a first receiver fee now showing in programming, and Flex packages being introduced? :hiding

I added Flex through the chat window today. I was hoping to save $10 but not sure why it only ended up saving me $6 and I lose Velocity (probably one of my favorite channels). I guess I jumped the gun on all the math. I did flex pack, kids pack and locals so it should be $54.99 plus fees, Top 120 was costing $64.99 plus fees total $84.02. The flex pack now totals out at $78.32. How's that math work out?

I added Flex through the chat window today. I was hoping to save $10 but not sure why it only ended up saving me $6 and I lose Velocity (probably one of my favorite channels). I guess I jumped the gun on all the math. I did flex pack, kids pack and locals so it should be $54.99 plus fees, Top 120 was costing $64.99 plus fees total $84.02. The flex pack now totals out at $78.32. How's that math work out?

If you have a Hopper the old whole home fee was $12 and it's now $15. Could that be it?

Look at your mydish.com account summary.

Was there a consensus on locals acquired OTA having guide data (at least the major networks) via the Flex main pack?

Was there a consensus on locals acquired OTA having guide data (at least the major networks) via the Flex main pack?
You mean if you do not add the Locals Pack, I presume ? I don't believe anyone has tried it but my opinion is you will not get the guide data.

You mean if you do not add the Locals Pack, I presume ? I don't believe anyone has tried it but my opinion is you will not get the guide data.
Yes, if you have Flex, but don't pay $10 for the locals, can you still receive guide data if you pick the locals up via an antenna?

While in the past that seemed to not be true, it'd be silly if Dish was handing out antennas for people to pick up a blacked out channel, but the people couldn't set their DVR because they didn't have guide data to assign timers to.

Mmpf! First world problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)