New Amsterdam

I was not impressed with the finale, though. Thought it was a bit slow and flat. It should have been much better.

I don't believe it was ever intended to be any sort of finale. Rather it was simply the last episode they produced.

It seemed like one of those shows at an end of an order block. Usually the network will greenlight X number of episodes, so they tend to write story arcs to fit in the episodes.

It seemed like one of those shows at an end of an order block.

Probably edited a bit to make it close out a bit, but the original order was for 13 episodes. They stopped it mid production.

It seemed like one of those shows at an end of an order block.

Probably edited a bit to make it close out a bit, but the original order was for 13 episodes. They stopped it mid production.

I really wish Fox wouldn't pull this crap. They have a great idea for a show, they put it on the air. It's great, then they pull it, and stick more "reality" BS and cookie cutter sitcoms on. Drives me up the wall.

I really wish Fox wouldn't pull this crap. They have a great idea for a show, they put it on the air. It's great, then they pull it, and stick more "reality" BS and cookie cutter sitcoms on. Drives me up the wall.

Well, they had originally filmed it for the fall, but then at the last minute, pushed it off to the spring. I suspect that the strike got in the way of running more episodes.

And, even though it did well in its post-idol spot to start, it still hasn't been renewed. :(

I suspect that the strike got in the way of running more episodes.

Thats one possibility, but the timing doesn't quite support it. Production was closed down about 3 weeks before the strike started, with still 2 weeks left in the current writers contracts and talks still ongoing.

The short but simple news article reporting this didn't even mention the strike:

The Hollywood Reporter

And, even though it did well in its post-idol spot to start, it still hasn't been renewed.

Unfortunately it didn't hold onto its original success. Amsterdam kept falling and turned in ratings making Fox the least watched network for that timeslot. Quite a fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)