New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

hall said:
Push the System Info button behind the right-side panel on the front of the box.
Thanks.

I did that but I didn't see anything that was obviously a "version #" of the 622 hardware.

Is the Version of a 622 the last digit (letter) of the Main Board # on the small silver tag on the back?

Thanks In Advance - Talon Dancer

BobMurdoch said:
Only happened about two dozen times during the show, but annoying when it did...

The counter counted 23 while watching CBSE last night. It kept repeating itself for a while. Then would be good, then it would start up again.

S~

I have a D and an F. My problems occured on the D version. My bulb blew up where my F version is, so I haven't gotten the opportunity to check it and see if it's having the same problems. Hopefully I'll have it up later tonight.

S~

Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that had this problem, but sorry that anyone else had to suffer through this annoyance. I can confirm that the audio outage on the TV1 output affected RCA, Optical, and HDMI so it's not specific to any one type. But it is specific to TV1. The problem has continued to occur today. I was able to get the sound back once by just turning the receiver off and then back on again, but that didn't work this last time. A full reboot seems to fix it every time, but that is a real problem if you are recording something.

Is there any way to have Dish revert a receiver back to an older software version? I had no problems with version 3.60.

IT has happened to me about three times since last night . This morning when I turned it on - NO AUDIO. Took another reboot to clear it. I wish with all my might that Dish would thoroughly test their software before they unleash it on the unsuspecting public. I now have a buggy receiver that I have to baby sit again.:mad:

I'm glad to know it's not just me. After watching a recorded show last night and then deleting it, there was no audio. I thought my HDMI was going bad (AGAIN), but the sound was out on the optical feed to my stereo receiver too. It took a reboot to get the sound back. (Didn't check TV2). Haven't had the problem again (so far!) Wonder if the problem only happens to those who use dual mode?

TBarclay said:
...Wonder if the problem only happens to those who use dual mode?
NOPE! We only have one TV:eek: And always run our 622 in Single Mode. Of course, now we get to watch silent movies way too often.

Talon Dancer

the last letter on my mainboard # is G, I've had mine for 2 weeks

but anyway I just got of the phone with D tech support to report the problem in hope of a fix, the upside of that is he spoke English:) no really he listened to what I had to say, sent a report to engineering (even read it back to me before he sent it) and at the end stumbled upon something that made me happy (even if that was after he hung up)

what made me happy was his question of if I had switched to single mode, I tried it and no audio on TV1 and audio on TV2. the suprise for me was HD and 5.1 on TV2 when in single mode:)

so now my main worry of watching the Gators play in HD on Saturday is a non-issue, I had already decided to watch the HD picture on TV 1 and tune TV2 to the same to pipe the audio in but this meant I could not flip during commercials:(

so in the interim (of hopefully they fix it) I can watch HD (with sound)

instructions if you need them
open the door on the right-hand side of the receiver
hit the mode button
on your TV1 remote hit PIP
Hit swap
you should now be watching pictures with sound;)

Is the Version of a 622 the last digit (letter) of the Main Board # on the small silver tag on the back?
wied said:
Thanks. You saved me (and hopefully others) a lot searching:)
Talon Dancer

Last edited:
TalonDancer said:
I am officially stunned!

Maybe I need to get that tiny scratch fixed after all, says Talon Dancer trying to figure out which version 622 he has:)

One has to wonder though, why would Dish knowingly send out an update that would break the audio on lots of existing 622s.

Talon Dancer
Oh didn't you know? Dish is using Microsoft's VISTA project programmers

timfouts said:
Oh didn't you know? Dish is using Microsoft's VISTA project programmers
OH! That explains it...
Break existing fundamental, post D H Griffith, video functionality (moving pictures WITH sound) while adding gobs of do-dads. And OBTW don't waste time testing it before you ship -- those rubes who are paying for it will do that for you :)

If they aren't moonlighting Vista programmers, they're at least aspiring to that same quality level.

Talon Dancer

New "solution" from tech support

pacorn said:
I called DishNetwork technical support a few minutes ago. The technician told me that it was an issue that affects the HDMI port and that if I switched to the component video/RCA audio connections, I shouldn't have the problem (I'm not currently at home to test the hypothesis). She said she didn't know when there would be a fix, or what the fix would be.

As has been noted by others, ALL sound output on TV1 goes out (I have checked HDMI, Analog (RCA), and modulator). I called tech support again. This guy had me change my Dolby Digital settings (Menu, 6, 7) to PCM only (said it fixed the problem on his 622). That didn't fix it immediately, but he suggested that it would need a reboot first (couldn't reboot at the moment because I was recording Survivor). I rebooted about 15 minutes ago, so we'll see.

colej said:
the last letter on my mainboard # is G, I've had mine for 2 weeks

but anyway I just got of the phone with D tech support to report the problem...
Let me get this straight. You are using a 622 version G and are still having sound problems. Is that correct?

Note: this is very important because I really, really don't like admitting I'm wrong (especially in public) and maybe I can redeem a tiny fraction of my self esteem if this sound problem affects even the most recent versions of the 622 :)

Seriously, it is important to keep everyone from asking for a replacement 622 if it is really a software problem.

Thanks in Advance - Talon Dancer

Just got my 622 installed on tuesday...

Pretty thrilled with it, until my wife called me at work today to say there was no sound... Grrr... Reboot fixed it... happened twice tho..

Had a few audio dropouts tonight, but rewinding a moment on the DVR fixed that. (wasn't watching live, so I'm not sure if that's the same problem...)

I've got the Bug the problem. I am using component to 622. The sound was ok until I decide to watch a PVR program on TV1. The sound dissappear on TV1 while it was still available on TV2. I had to reboot in order to get it back on TV1.

If I remember correctly this is the same bug that was afecting the 942 on one of the turners a while ago. It was not fixed until a software fixed. The latest software open up the bug. Dish fix this since I can't see myself rebooting the 622 everytime there is no sound on TV1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)