SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
got an email that the newest azbox software is out

# FIXED
========

- Redraw routine for subtitle when the drawing fails.

- Corrected an issue when some movies are restarting play in Movie player.

- Corrected the continues play bug in Music Player.

- Corrected the large artwork bug in Music Player.

- Corrected an audio play bug when using Photo Slide Show

- Corrected the duration time issue in Movie Player.

- Corrected a bug regarding the single EPG.

- Corrected some bugs regarding photo viewer (zoom in/out, rotation, move, etc.)

- Corrected a problem related to the bookmark function and high bitrate movies.

- Corrected a problem with the play time in YouTube.

- Corrected a VFD problem regarding accent characters

- Corrected a problem when some GUI elements were overlapping (TV module).

# ADDED
========

- Added the ability to delete a group of channels in the channel manager.

- Added some setup functions in the movie player.

- Added language selection in teletext.

- Added the 'all' option in the backup/restore feature

- Added a jump key in File Manager.

- Added a possibility to show the play or remaining time in the VFD.

- Added more GMT offsets

- Added 480i video resolution for component and HDMI video output.

# IMPROVED
===========

- Increased the channel zapping speed

- Better detection of the duration time of MP3 files (when file includes artwork).

- Increased the video quality by correcting the mosaic problem at movie player.

- Changed the PAT parser on media player to ensure the stability when parsing multiple PIDs.

- Modified the channel manager to close when a channel was selected.

- Insert some additional info at the recording buffer header.

- Modified the TS parser to extract the exact time from PTS (Movie Player).

- Modified the plug-in message queue for better synchronization and speed.

version 0.9.3877

What is channel zapping speed, another word for how long it takes to change channels?

Confrey,

Yes, that is about the size of it. Switching channels, even on the same satellite where a motor does not have to rotate the dish, changing channels may require a few seconds to bring up the video and a few more seconds to bring up the audio. It is worse when you must drive the motor to a new sat and then allow the tuner to lock in on the signal then bring up the video and audio.

If you are used to a fixed point dish array with several dishes and the ability to "switch" between any channel almost immediately you would notice this delay with the AZBox. It is a pet peeve of channel surfers, but most others probably wouldn't notice the slight delay. I don't mind as I am used to waiting upon the moto to drive to the sat position, but it is highly noticeable in some instances. When I switch between RTV east and west, I can count to 8-12 at times before the video and audio lock in. This can be annoying.

RADAR

Confrey,

Yes, that is about the size of it. Switching channels, even on the same satellite where a motor does not have to rotate the dish, changing channels may require a few seconds to bring up the video and a few more seconds to bring up the audio. It is worse when you must drive the motor to a new sat and then allow the tuner to lock in on the signal then bring up the video and audio.

If you are used to a fixed point dish array with several dishes and the ability to "switch" between any channel almost immediately you would notice this delay with the AZBox. It is a pet peeve of channel surfers, but most others probably wouldn't notice the slight delay. I don't mind, but it is highly noticeable in some instances. When I switch between RTV east and west, I can count to 8-12 at times before the video and audio lock in. This can be annoying.

RADAR

AcWxRadar, that's interesting because changing frm RTV east to west for me takes at the most 2 seconds. And that's with 0.9.3686 firmware. But even if it took 12 seconds it wouldn't bother me.

AcWxRadar, that's interesting because changing frm RTV east to west for me takes at the most 2 seconds. And that's with 0.9.3686 firmware. But even if it took 12 seconds it wouldn't bother me.

Ok let me rephrase that, 12 seconds is a long time if you are waiting for it and the dish doesn't have to move.

got an email that the newest azbox software is out.

version 0.9.3877

I received the same email, Ice.

I am going to download it and save it on my PC, but I don't think I will install it just yet. I like to wait a bit and let the guinnea pigs in Europe check it out for defects first. They are pretty good at reporting issues and I m in no rush to install it when mine is working. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

RADAR

I received the same email, Ice.

I am going to download it and save it on my PC, but I don't think I will install it just yet. I like to wait a bit and let the guinnea pigs in Europe check it out for defects first. They are pretty good at reporting issues and I m in no rush to install it when mine is working. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

RADAR

Guinea pig in South Louisiana reporting that 3877 installed and is working fine. I watched a feed last night, and video was normal, menus are normal. Haven't tried the media player just yet.

SOMEONE has to step up and try these things here stateside, you know. EVERYONE can't just stand aside and let someone else do the testing....:D

Michigan guinea pig here with the same story. :)
It's so easy to recover the AZbox if you don't like the firmware, that you might as well try it out. I fancy that my picture quality is a little better than the previous beta ( stability) , but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Haven't seen any reason to revert to earlier times, yet.
:)

New menu item in 'setup', 'EPG Setting'. Can anyone get it to do anything?

Zapping (channel changing) no faster for me.
Menu switching no faster.

I installed over old patch. I did not reformat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)