New azbox software out

I loaded it this morn. The HDMI looks sharper, or more contrast, or something. Definitely better!

Channel change slightly faster!
updated mine last night..........:D I see all that you saw above!:up

But, I still don't understand why deleting the IPTV channels are not permanent. They always come back upon rebooting the AZBox.:confused:

Last edited:
But, I still don't understand why deleting the IPTV channels are not perminent. They always come back upon rebooting the AZBox.:confused:
I noticed that too. I Deleted the Channels then opened the Streams Text File in "Disk 2" and removed the entries.

Edited: for order of operations.

Last edited:
I loaded it this morn. The HDMI looks sharper, or more contrast, or something. Definitely better!

Channel change slightly faster!

I tried some HighDef recording/playback from PBS and it appears smoother now. :upThey must have fixed those issues, VERY cool! I'm beginning to fall in love with this thing.

Ama load 3911 tonight since you guys are raving how good it works ..

@ the highlighted......kind of confused there?:confused:
I first wrote:
I opened the Streams Text File in "Disk 2" and removed the entries, then Deleted the Channels.

I had "issues" with 3911. Quality Meter would not light up.
It's not a biggie, but when you are entering Feed TPs, I like to see it light up.

sorry Tony, I should never go to last page.

here's a new loading bug to 0.9.3877 firmware.

There are a few cases where a password requested to get into menu area after loading, (0000) does not work. Reloading software over does not cure.
This procedure I have found that it works 100%:-

1) put the latest firmware patch onto a usb stick
2) If you are doing a total re-set up of your box and want to wipe everything clear then delete plugins,and do factory re-set.
3) then turn off your box at the back and put usb stick in again at the back underneath the ethernet cable port
4) turn box back on and a menu will appear
5) select number 4 which is FORMAT APPLICATION AREA this will wipe the firmware and any corrupt software off of your box and ensure a clean install
6) after formatting is done select the option to update by usb stick
7) system will show you what current one is and new patch one is
8) click proceed to confirm action
9) when its finished and it will take a while, then the box will reboot itself
10) select reboot without update,

Now take out the usb stick {if you are parenoid about corrupting the usb stick turn the box off at the mains then remove the usb stick

I just tried the above (although I admit that I didn't do a factory re-set first.
Now the Azbox seems to be DEAD. :(
I did this after upgrading to the new firmware, but since I had problems deleting satellites, I tried the above format of the application area. The format worked, however when I then told it to reboot without update, it started to load, but then froze with a little tiny symbol in the upper left of the LED screen, and on the TV screen it just had "AZBOX". Nothing else.
I tried power cycling half a dozen times, but it was the same each time. I also twice tried to reload the firmware, but it didn't help.
I then tried to reload the old 2371 firmware. This froze also, although this time it kept the words "loading" on the LED screen on the Azbox.

Anyway, I seem to be dead in the water here. I think I'll try some different versions of firmware, but it doesn't look too promising.

Any ideas? I seem to remember that someone had a similar issue, and got it fixed, but I can't remember the solution.

thanks

BJ,
The same thing happened to me. I just put the 2880 firmware on the USB stick, did a power cycle, and it found the patch and gave me the "choice menu" . This time I formatted the app area again, and when done, I updated the firmware to the 2880 without a hitch. Maybe the format didn't work the first time ?
All is well now, though, and I'm running 3877 without a hitch now.
:)

BJ,
The same thing happened to me. I just put the 2880 firmware on the USB stick, did a power cycle, and it found the patch and gave me the "choice menu" . This time I formatted the app area again, and when done, I updated the firmware to the 2880 without a hitch. Maybe the format didn't work the first time ?
All is well now, though, and I'm running 3877 without a hitch now.
:)

:):):) THanks. Got it back.

I was so upset that formatting the app area killed the thing, I didn't want to do THAT again, but apparently you were right, it must not have erased it properly.

So I'm back at 3877 now. No channels in it right now, but it looks like it's alive again. :)

I must be missing something. When I pull up that link, I don't see 3952 anywhere. I look under firmware releases and all I see is 3877. When you load it will it load all the eastern sats that I can see here in the US again? I"m tired of deleting all of those out. I've had a ton of trouble with the editor too so, I'm leery of messing with anything right now.

On a side note, has anyone rebooted and had the Az lose a good portion of the satellites you had in there? It could be that my list just keeps corrupting but, I figure I'll see if anyone else has had this.

I must be missing something. When I pull up that link, I don't see 3952 anywhere. I look under firmware releases and all I see is 3877. When you load it will it load all the eastern sats that I can see here in the US again? I"m tired of deleting all of those out. I've had a ton of trouble with the editor too so, I'm leery of messing with anything right now.

On a side note, has anyone rebooted and had the Az lose a good portion of the satellites you had in there? It could be that my list just keeps corrupting but, I figure I'll see if anyone else has had this.

Try this link AZBox Daily Snapshot

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts