New azbox software out

holy crap they are pumping out updates

how about one for BL_ND SC_N

uh Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel...an A please :)

I dunno about BLind Scanning.
I have a couple Dummy Sats setup with 102 TPs all the Same Scan Rate - Poorman's Blind Scan

The DVB-S2 Dummy Sat take about 15 minutes to Scan, and the Pilot and FEC are fixed.

loaded the newest last night and have to start playing with it but didnt notice anything different

maybe they're all subtle changes

I don't detect many differences either. I have noticed some new menu items with past versions, but mostly I think the recent updates are just for improvements of operation of some of the existing features.

RADAR

well dont like newest

when you hit "power" it says

10 (counts to 0)
SLEEP
SHUTDOWN

Sleep must be what we're use to but shutdown must mean "unplug box or turn off switch dummy"

also sometimes when I say "sleep" and try and power back on, there is a HDMI handshake issue....sometimes wont send signal to HDTV

this is version 4075...going to try 4056

update: when you press power and get that screen, pressing OK right away turns it off (sleep mode).....still dont like that. If you let it go to 0 the box does shut off

OK tried 4056

couple things I like when recording
-press "record" and it records. No stupid pop up with the time right now and end time 2 hours from now and then you have to hit "OK" to record. It records and below the info bar it shows the channel and how far recording
0:00:00-2:00:00 and it counts up (and down)
-you can hit record to fine tune the time...good part is you can go negative. So if its only a 1 hour program, hit record a second time to bring up the popup then where you would "extend" the recording, hit left arrow to shorten it. It shows -10,-20 etc

well dont like newest

when you hit "power" it says

10 (counts to 0)
SLEEP
SHUTDOWN

Sleep must be what we're use to but shutdown must mean "unplug box or turn off switch dummy"

also sometimes when I say "sleep" and try and power back on, there is a HDMI handshake issue....sometimes wont send signal to HDTV

this is version 4075...going to try 4056

update: when you press power and get that screen, pressing OK right away turns it off (sleep mode).....still dont like that. If you let it go to 0 the box does shut off

OK tried 4056

couple things I like when recording
-press "record" and it records. No stupid pop up with the time right now and end time 2 hours from now and then you have to hit "OK" to record. It records and below the info bar it shows the channel and how far recording
0:00:00-2:00:00 and it counts up (and down)
-you can hit record to fine tune the time...good part is you can go negative. So if its only a 1 hour program, hit record a second time to bring up the popup then where you would "extend" the recording, hit left arrow to shorten it. It shows -10,-20 etc

Interesting! And weird, too. I currently have image 4001 installed, so I will mark your information when I upgrade to these versions and beware of these items.

Thanks ICE,

RADAR

Now maybe they werent enough high bitrate but I did record some HD with no issues. They were 5-6 minute recordings but they were stable

stations were (all off 121W)
RFDTV
Jewelry TV
STO HD

When I recorded other HD feeds in the past they were all herky jerky spazzy.

Can someone check the bitrate of those 3 if they have the capability to?

Actually, it's a good thing that the shutdown option is there. To avoid possible file system corruption make sure your box is off, not asleep, as data may still be in cache memory and not written to disk. Shutting down avoids the possibility of data loss.

I'm pretty sure Linux filesystems can be set up to not cache data. Whether the AZbox does so is another story. (Maybe it's not possible to do so at the bit rate required for HD, who knows?) I think it's the "sync" option, if anyone wants to check their mount flags.

On Rick's board, a user says that the latest daily build has blind scan. Anybody tried it yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts