New C/Ku LNBF to be released

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pete your metric to English conversion is flawed

I have a 6 foot dish which is 1.8 meters
1.2m is 4 feet :)

Yep. I was thinking of Cascade, his C-Band dish was 1.2m and the one I had in the UK must have been 1.8m :)

rayydio said:
GeoSatPro makes one that is linear on the KU side. Also see DVB hardware
http://www.dvbhardware.com

I saw that listing. If you mean the GeoSatPro GSL1C/Ku, dvbhardware.com lists an input frequency range as 10.7-12.7 GHz. How dey do dat with one LO? That made me wonder if it is a dual-LO feed.

hmmmm.. I've could of sworn I posted something here yesterday and it was erased :confused:

Anyhow, I placed my order for the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF from http://www.dvbhardware.com and waiting on its arrival. Looks like it will be a nice C/KU LNB to play with. :D

pro96 said:
hmmmm.. I've could of sworn I posted something here yesterday and it was erased :confused:

Anyhow, I placed my order for the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF from http://www.dvbhardware.com and waiting on its arrival. Looks like it will be a nice C/KU LNB to play with. :D

NO you posted in the BSC621-2 REVIEW I moved it here then it was REMOVED!

I would ask Iceberg what happened to it :D

PSB said:
NO you posted in the BSC621-2 REVIEW I moved it here then it was REMOVED!

I would ask Iceberg what happened to it :D

Oh shoot.. with ICE been the most popular ban master, I hope I did not create any problems posting in the wrong area.. Although I do need a little vacation :devil: (jk)

I will not ban you but you are no officially on your FIRST warning.

pro96 said:

I got mine at www.psbsatellite.com
Whats your point?

I've bit my tounge on this for a while, but since I'm in a SUPER mood today...

Do you feel the need to BOLD the item you purchased to make it look good? Or better yet say where you got EVERY ITEM you bought?

Yes the original post was deleted because, frankly, it was a smart ass comment. Someone posted that they got it from Pete and he ships fast and you felt the need to say "well, I havent decided where I am getting mine from" or something of that nature and did it in the review area. The review area is to ask questions on the review. That is why 99% of the posts are locked after a period of time.

Smart ass comments as to where you got your items from is NOT NEEDED.

Last I checked I don't say where I got every piece of my equipment from. Some of them I do because I did reviews.

feel much better now...hockey's on :)

vj9999 said:
My CKU is on FedEx truck out for delivery.

Get your running shoes ready, those guys like to knock the door then run! I have had to give chase half the time :)

Pete, are you going to have the standard ku version for sell when it's available. I've seen the Geosat version somewhere and it's a standard ku, but they're out of stock. It looks so much like the BSC621-2, that I'm sure it's made by the same people.

Al

PSB said:
Get your running shoes ready, those guys like to knock the door then run! I have had to give chase half the time :)

Even better. Driver forgot to make the delivery. He was in my area this morning, but he missed my package. I checked tracking info and it says "customer not available". I called FedEx and first they say they can't get in touch with the driver, but if you say you want to file a complaint they magically get in touch with them.

He is well out of the area and he'll attempt a delivery tomorrow morning. No big deal. I want to watch a Cubs game tonight anyway :)

ok, i am a total newb, i need to buy my first non circular lnb,, so,,, reading about these c/ku lnb seems the way to go,,, but i can not make head or tails of these 2 options, first am i to assume ( i know these are a feed horn type which is sold separately and screwed on, not like the Linear or circular lnb that has a plastic cap already fixed)so i imagine the neck is a diferent size between those 2 types,,but my main 2 questions are sicne you all are saying one is standard and one is universal on the KU end.. is that saying the Standard is linear only and the universal is both Circ & Lin??also,,, are these better for prime focus as oppossed to offset focus,,or are onyl used for Prime focus?? and not at all used for offset focus??
THANKS

No it is not circular.

Universal means there are 2 KU bands (low and high). In the US low band really doesn’t mean much as there is only one satellite (PAS9) that has low band.

Universals are a necessity in Europe where they use both bands.

This LNB does C-band and KU (not DBS)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts