New Channels Added: - Discoveries & Fox Movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
jbcheshire said:
Eric has a valid point. Why should we pay more than $30 more for less channels? I realize that V* has the advantage in HD and that is what subscribers to V* want, but after reading a lot of posts here these same V* subscribers want more channels.

However, I do expect to pay more when the DVR comes out though.
He has no point at all, HD is HD and not SD,OH, You want a Free HDTv recorder or Voom is bad right:

This is very, very disappointing news. I always thought that only premium type packages such as HBO, Showtime, etc. would be part of Va Va VOOM only. I always thought all these SD channels would be for everyone. WGN better be a channel for everyone or there will be some real anger here. :mad:

Lucky said:
This is very, very disappointing news. I always thought that only premium type packages such as HBO, Showtime, etc. would be part of Va Va VOOM only. I always thought all these SD channels would be for everyone. WGN better be a channel for everyone or there will be some real anger here. :mad:
Are we getting another left wing channel boy I hope not:,

"I always thought all these SD channels would be for everyone. WGN better be a channel for everyone or there will be some real anger here."

Real anger's been here for months :D

kelljc said:
He has no point at all, HD is HD and not SD,OH, You want a Free HDTv recorder or Voom is bad right:

Where has V* promised/stated that they will ONLY be HD???
If you expect that, then you are not being realistic...

I'm not asking for a free DVR, I expect to pay for it like I would at any other provider.

It was a tongue in cheek poke at all the naysayer’s and the emotions they dig up in the subscribers. My point is, I still fail to see the need to get hot under the collar about a channel or two, when the entire services future is in question.

B.Greenway said:
It was a tongue in cheek poke at all the naysayer’s and the emotions they dig up in the subscribers. My point is, I still fail to see the need to get hot under the collar about a channel or two, when the entire services future is in question.
Thank you: That's all we NEED: I agree with you 110% sorry adding but such a good statement should be seen by all, again thank you very good comment:and my bad grammer:

0s and 1s said:
Just noticed them! Unfortunately, the "Suscribe and receive the channel immediately by calling Voom" message shows up. Let's hope this gets cleared up by tomorrow.

All of my new channels say call to subscribe also. I even re-booted and same thing. Just more problems again.

TheTimm said:
I'm a bit disappointed that these are only for VaVaVoomers, but I've never seen any of these channels so it doesn't exactly break my heart. But I do find it a bit alarming in that there are now non-premium channels that are only available with VaVaVoom (or perhaps they also bundle them as a stand alone pack that can be ordered for $x/month?). I wonder if this'll be how they add all the new channels from here on out. Hope not -- I'm just not going to spend a hundred bucks a month on tv, no matter how many channels they add.
Hope all you VaVaVoomers enjoy them though! :D

Oh thats just Wonderful, you have to subscribe to va va voom. This is sad, these channels should be available as standards..No their not worth paying more money for.

It seems everyone thinks all this programing will come fo free...

Add channels, add channels, don't charge me though.

Yeah right, they are going to add 30 more HD channels and 100 more SD channels and there are actually people that think it will be for the same price they pay now. :confused:

Get ready folks, as the new Voom evolves you will pay for it and why shouldn't you, everyone else pays more for more. If you want more channels get the wallet out.

New Channels For VaVaVoom :river I guess those that can't afford VaVaVoom are SOL. I hope that doesn't mean any new HD channels are for VaVaVoom. I'm thinking this is an attempt to get more to sign up for VaVaVoom.

Souldn't VOOM now have 3 packages. I don't want all the premimum channels :mad:

DucTape said:

Yes, but these are basic channels. At the new $50 rate for the Voom package the other providers have more channels for the same money. I'm not saying to give us channels for free, but give us the same amount of channels the other providers have at that price. Or at the very least let us have an add on package for $7/mo for the additional channels.

I am also disappointed that these new channels are going to the Va Va Voom package. I still have C-band and there are at least a couple to three hundred thousand C-banders out there who "may" be looking for added programming (HD)--such as VOOM.

Right now, C-banders can get this Discovery Suite as part of their "All Digital" package for about $15 a month for ALL the channels (not JUST the Discovery Suite). I hope Discover HD doesn't now "drift" to Va Va VOOM?????

If VOOM would like to get more of the C-banders (300,000+ potential subscribers), they will try to keep these "basic" channels in the "basic" package.

Actually, instead of getting Va Va VOOM, I will probably just add the C-band digital. There is even one C-band programmer that carries the Discovery Suite ala carte for even less per month.

Discovery Suite is exceptionally educational and should appeal to children in junior high, high and college and really ought to be available to the entire family as part of a basic package.

If this is now Dish and Direct-TV are doing it, then they are really out in left field and VOOM should be steering far away from their tracks which tracks will only lead to that mass mediocrity road which they "map".

My husband is a Science Teacher (High School) and would LOVE to be able to use these channels--luckily we have C-band (as long as the dish survives) and Teachers don't get paid that much, so it would probably be out of our range to get Va-Va VOOM every month, so,

For the sake of education, teachers and our kids, let these channels go back to the Basic Tier.

Thanks for considering this.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I must admit I am also disapointed that these channels are for VaVaVOOM.

I don't subscibe to the VaVaVOOM package because I don't want the Premium Channels sinch I already pay for them on Dish Network. And I dont watch the Premiums enough to make them worthwild on Dish Network. (And the only reason why I still have them on Dish Network is because if I get rid of them my bill goes UP because of all the DVR's I have (I have 5 of them)

Now if VOOM had a DVR it would be another story and I could drop Dish all together. :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. If this is the service they are going to provide in the future by adding new channels and listing them as premiums to get ppl to purchase an expensive package they don't want or need, iam getting rid of voom when my 6 month contract ends.

bryan27 said:
New Channels For VaVaVoom :river I guess those that can't afford VaVaVoom are SOL. I hope that doesn't mean any new HD channels are for VaVaVoom. I'm thinking this is an attempt to get more to sign up for VaVaVoom.

Souldn't VOOM now have 3 packages. I don't want all the premimum channels :mad:
Excellent comment : but I don't think Voom was put up for everyone, just "HDTV" owners, which as of this time are FEW. for my wife who does not care : I put in my own cable system so she can watch all she likes in SD, WhY, and she has the good monitor>

Unbelievable

kelljc said:
Then Quit Voom and go eslewhere, you don't what HD or have a reason to have it< why else make such a statement>
kelljc said:
He has no point at all, HD is HD and not SD,OH, You want a Free HDTv recorder or Voom is bad right>
:eek:

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I offered a couple different opinions on type of packages and prices and somehow you spin that into I don't want HD and should quit VOOM? What does thinking $20/per premium is too pricey have to do with not wanting HD or quitting VOOM. I happen to think their premiums are too expensive....$10/per would be reasonable without having to get all of them to get that price.

I have no point? - thanks for the respect. I doubt you would talk in such a manner if we were face to face in a meeting. And again....you said FREE? and you said VOOM is bad? I really have no idea what you are talking about here, and I am not sure you do either. I think the premiums are too expensive....we said nothing about a FREE HDTV recorder. It just so happens I would be willing to pay $300-$400 for a good HD-DVR and think if I paid that and $80/month I want everything. Sorry if that offends you. Do you think any opinion that doesn't praise VOOM as a GOD means we should quit????? I don't understand you. I said nothing mean, nothing even direct.

Dennis said:
Let us know when and where you find a comparable package to VaVaVoom with the DVR included for $80 per month. If you do I will quit Voom and go to that provider too>

There isn't a comparable package...that is why it would be a good deal and appeal to me. Not that I expect it, just one of the options I mentioned. Again, I think the premium pricing is the issue, not VOOM, the DVR or anything else. If I pay $30 for premiums I would expect a DVR is all. Not they SHOULD.....not that I'll quit unless....just an option. And again, I would pay for the equipment upfront, I just wouldn't expect to have to pay a fee every month on top of that if I am giving them $30 for premiums. With TW Cable I had every channel, 13HD's and an HD-DVR for a hair under $70....plus those dopey on-demands (those would be a nice value add, not worth extra though). I switched to VOOM because I wanted more HD content. VOOM's originals are nice.....I don't think they are outstanding, but there is always at least one thing on that I want to watch....and in HD.

DucTape said:

Add channels, add channels, don't charge me though.

Yeah right, they are going to add 30 more HD channels and 100 more SD channels and there are actually people that think it will be for the same price they pay now. :confused:

Get ready folks, as the new Voom evolves you will pay for it and why shouldn't you, everyone else pays more for more. If you want more channels get the wallet out.
Nope. Nobody's expecting 30 more HD channels and 100 more SD channels for free. And I for one don't mind paying a little extra for channels I want. I simply don't think too many folks are gonna make the jump from basic to VaVaVoom for these channels. I apologize if I'm not waving my cheerleader pompoms enough for you, but I'd like a middle tier of programming, or packages available at reasonable prices.
This will do little to bring in new subs or get current subs to upgrade IMO. These simply are not premium channels. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that they added them -- just that they screwed up how they added them IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts