New channels rumors...

The SD stuff I believe... the HD National feeds I doubt because of legal concerns. The NFL live HD game I REALLY doubt, unless they've worked a deal with the contract holders to carry the crappiest game of the week ;)

Wow thats really good news. Voom is working hard to fill in the holes. Lets see if they come through with those ch's. No mention of INHD 1 and 2 or HDNET.

Not sure about those NFL Games. This might just be NFL Game of the Week. As to National Feed of locals, I have to agree with people on those posts, it may be difficult but not impossible. However, I do not see how they are going to do all of this with MPEG2 right now. They need to move to either MPEG4/WM9 or start upgrading customers to their version of "Superdish".

The RSN has been discussed but they need space for these. Specially HD RSN.

When they say broadcasting National Feed of locals, does that mean doing away with the OTA antenna and receiving my locals in High Def over the satellite?

No way they're doing a LIVE NFL game. Where's Techtv/G4? Like Scott said, no InHD. And is this just some CSR talking? If that's the case, I have some swamp land in Florida that is ripe for developent, if anyone's interested. :)

Came from a CSR? I'll believe it when I see it. Until I tune in the channel and see it for myself. It's just speculation. :smug

And the thread just got even stranger:

"More VOOM rumors:

Strong unconfirmed rumor that Comcast will begin to carry some VOOM HD channels later this year (source does not want to be named, but is usually reliable)

This play makes a great deal of sense as VOOM only has something like 6,000 subs and needs $$$$

If they can do a pure transport deal and add VOOM programming ( some or all ) to their current HD line up that would enable VOOMs
acces to Comcasts base of 26million (or so) subs.

Moreover ,take a1%-5% penetration/consumer adoption rate into that 26million and VOOM is an overnight success.

Above fwiw; don't know if it is true, but I am passing on what I have heard"

Mark is generally pretty well clued in.

-MP

madpoet said:
And the thread just got even stranger:

"More VOOM rumors:

Strong unconfirmed rumor that Comcast will begin to carry some VOOM HD channels later this year (source does not want to be named, but is usually reliable)

This play makes a great deal of sense as VOOM only has something like 6,000 subs and needs $$$$

If they can do a pure transport deal and add VOOM programming ( some or all ) to their current HD line up that would enable VOOMs
acces to Comcasts base of 26million (or so) subs.

Moreover ,take a1%-5% penetration/consumer adoption rate into that 26million and VOOM is an overnight success.

Above fwiw; don't know if it is true, but I am passing on what I have heard"

Mark is generally pretty well clued in.

-MP

No way this is true....

Pure Speculation:

madpoet, I can see as a logical way of doing business. Right now, the 21 commercial free exclusive bring no revenue but subscribers. Eventually, any HD channel exclusive to VOOM would have to go that route because they are very expensive to begin with. The production of HD content, legal rights to sports and movies is not cheap. I can see this as an alternative in creating $$$ or going the commercial way which does not look too good because you need a large base of subscribers to make money on commercials.

I guess... I'm just surprised the rumor would be on Comcast and not Cablevision. Unless it ties into the reports that Dolan wants to sell out to Comcast.

Hey, if it brings us the Comcast Sports Networks, especially the new one starting in Chicago this fall, then I'm all for it.

I'm the one who posted the info on the other forum. Just to clarify, most of the timeframes mentioned were in the fall, which I took to mean when the new bandwidth came online.

sh*t, with all the new bandwidth that comes available I think Voom could add every channel that is broadcast worldwide. Yea...its a hell of alot of bandwidth. So much infact we have to get a "superdish". Now thats a statement on ones roof, "I have a SUPERDISH!" take that E* and D* suscribers.

-Chris

I wouldn't mind Voom throwing on BBC America, at least for the one show that I would watch on there. For you guys that have seen The Office, there will soon be a new show starring Ricky Gervais, who played the boss in the show. Gervais will play a school teacher, and the show will feature many of the cast from The Office.

Good stuff, I highly recommend it. Probably one of the funniest shows I have ever seen (The Office). I didn't think anything would make me laugh more than Curb Your Enthusiasm, but well I found it. However, I see BBC-America a long way in coming for Voom, heck I see Voom a longer way in coming to me. DARN TREES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)