New channels rumors...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
madpoet said:
The SD stuff I believe... the HD National feeds I doubt because of legal concerns. The NFL live HD game I REALLY doubt, unless they've worked a deal with the contract holders to carry the crappiest game of the week ;)

Sweet! My Lions will be in HD then?!!?

ANy additional channels would be great, however, if we don't get FOOD TV, I'll be losing the wifes support as soon as the freebie time is up!

USA - Coming in HD or SD?

Scott Greczkowski said:
By the way, I must add, that the only channels I heard any buzz about have been USA and Sci Fi. None of the rest.

Scott:
Will USA be coming in SD or HD, or do you know? Some of the new programming (Touching Evil comes to mind) is letterboxed already; I can't imagine them waiting too long to go to HD.

Any news on Sci Fi?

We're coming up on July pretty quick and the new season of Stargate...

I don't care if is a SD channel or not, its a good portion of what we watch.

Anyone heard anything?

I've got my fingers crossed!

The last good juicy programming rumour I heard mentioned USA network, Sci-Fi, and July (this year, I assume). Maybe someone else has the thread location? :confused:

Let's hope it's true...

Hey there Eric-c your right I hope they get SCI-FI pretty quick, like you said new season of Startgate.. I got to have my Stargate please!!!!

Eric what more can a Voomer ask for Monsters HD amd the Sci-fi channel dam it dont get any better ..

I also hope with this new update they will map Channel 20 the WB, so I can watch Smallville..Cya Slick

Channel 20? Oh yeah, forgot all about that :p

I thought WB doesn't come in because its SD only?

If the rumors are true then I'll be happy with Sci Fi alone sometime in July, I can bug my neighbors on Friday nights for a week or two.

Sci Fi would be great in HD...but my wife needs QVC and DIY, and my kids need NICK WEST and NickTOONS, and my younger one needs Noggin.... I would like INHD. If they get the above ch's I would cancel my DTV and make the move to VOOM's full package as a sole provider.

DTV doesn't have INHD anyway, I would settle for any channel I don't care what the name that just broadcasts mildly amusing to hot as fire crap sports games in pure HD.

Hey guys alright Sci-fi in HD would be even better, but I dont wanna get greedy, I just want to watch Stargate and Smallville.. Eric Channel 20 is the WB and OTA but Voom does not have it mapped in my area yet for some reason and I am hoping it get mapped this next update.. Cya Slick

USA and SCIFI SD. I guess it will satisfy those crying for those channels. They are irrelevant to me, just something reducing the available bandwidth for HD. I will not watch them. I would prefer Voom waited a year or two for the HD versions. WHich brings up an interesting question. When Voom adds an HD channel like TNTHD why not cut off the SD version of it? Why would anyone watch it?

Sounds good to me, who needs two shows one in HD and another in SD, now here is a waste of band width.. Cya Slick

I agree completely vurbano, since TNTHD and TNT show the exact same thing anyway, and my SD TVs are set to crop to full screen anyway.. what's the point of making redundant SD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)