New channels rumors...

Slick said:
Hey guys alright Sci-fi in HD would be even better, but I dont wanna get greedy, I just want to watch Stargate and Smallville.. .. Cya Slick
Too bad we don't have HDNET since they have picked up the rights to rebroadcast Smallville in all of it's HD glory & in it's entirety. Our WB went HD just in time for the season finale and it looked great.

I recieved a reply from Voom, it was the "its coming but we can't tell you its coming" email.

Kind of the same story around the ESPN timeframe, so hopefully it'll show up soon.

Eric_C said:
I recieved a reply from Voom, it was the "its coming but we can't tell you its coming" email.

Kind of the same story around the ESPN timeframe, so hopefully it'll show up soon.

Did you ask about a specific channel or was it a general inquiry?

vinnyv07 said:
Sci Fi would be great in HD...but my wife needs QVC and DIY, and my kids need NICK WEST and NickTOONS, and my younger one needs Noggin.... I would like INHD. If they get the above ch's I would cancel my DTV and make the move to VOOM's full package as a sole provider.
I'm right there with ya. But also need a DVR.

Sean,

I asked specifically about Sci Fi and gave them a time frame when I would like to see it, which was before July 16th.

madpoet said:
It's called contracts...
I can see how that would be true with some bundled movie channels, espnhd, espn2 etc since they show different content. But, it sounds absurd with an SD duplicate, especially since the voom reciever will allow you to watch the HD channel with the same content on an analog set. Hopefully someone will interject some common sense into the next contract.

Eric please let it be before July 16th, I sound pretty pathetic but I do enjoy the shows I do watch.. I guess it is a lot better than these stupid reality tv shows the country is hooked on, sorry if you like them,but I think there a waste of time and they degrade women and the the importance of marriage.. Man was I on standing on a soap box or something LOL.. Cya Fellow Voomers

I'd really like to see in order of most wanted to just wanted:

The rest of the Discovery and History Channel Suites (ie Wings, International, Times, etc)
HGTV (with a "new" older house this channel comes in handy)
G4techTV
MTV2
BBC America
VH1 Classic
Sci-Fi
Sundance
Trio

for me food network and hgtv for the ladies.

then usa for monk and us open tennis.

after that, just give me more HD :)

talked to a csr few days ago. don't know when they're coming though, she said they were "in negotiations". I'm pretty sure that usa and sci-fi will be in the new channels

LOL. The Israelis and Palestinians have been "in negotiations" for 20 yrs. The csrs should just be honest like dragonlady on the yahoo group and say "we have no freaking idea"

Hey Eric C dont forget there is a hour long Stargate new episode this friday july 9th (old series).. Did you happen to watch the Stargate hour long show talking about the old Stargate as well as the new Atlantis show? I hope Voom gets SCI-FI pretty quick.. Cya Slick

new programing

When are they going to get Food channel, HGTV and some of the other odd balls, they can drop world sport for all Ii care and

Chuckl, proper etiquette is to put a ? in your thread title, it looks like you are announcing new programming, not enquiring about new programming. Seeing a thread title like this gets everyone excited until they read what you posted.

Thanks.

Today is the day...Stargate SG1 starts and no Sci Fi...

Ah well, it'd probably rain if we did have it and I still couldn't watch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)