New channels rumors...

Eric I thought you got the 30" dish? I had rain fade before it even started raining :).. I e-mailed Wilt a couple days ago about getting a bigger dish but havent heard anything yet..

The actual Stargate Atlantis does not start till the 16th..I cancled my cable a tad early, I put to much confidence in Voom to have it by now, so I am taping it at my wifes grand mothers house tonight..

I more than likley will have to tape the new Atlantis Stargate there next friday as well.. Hey Eric if you want me to send you the tape, I will be more than happy to, after I watch it of course :)..

Well lets hope we have it by next friday, but I am not holding my breath.. I love my Voom but they need to get some more channels if there SD or HD so people can watch what they like.. Cya Slick

I have someone at working DVD'ing it for me.

No 30" dish, it was a huge fiasco, waiting for Wilt to get back to me on it.

Even my cable company doesn't carry Sci Fi, so I can't even get that....

We want to watch it as it airs.

You could always get D* or E* and get their bare bones programming that has Sci-Fi for now. I know that's a costly option though.

Came up with a cheaper option.

My neighbor has D* and a few boxes and I still have my D* hardware on the roof, just borrowed their box for tonight.

HGTV is one of our families favorite channels -- not just "HGTV for the ladies," as so many post, as if too timid to admit they watch it. It's not a "ladies" channel. Landscapers Challenge, Designing for the sexes, House hunters, lots of landscaping stuff, Do-it-yourself projects for the garage and yard, etc. etc. Me, the wife, teen-agers, and older kids all love it. Great stuff. We can't switch to Voom until they carry HGTV. Pul-leeze, Voom, just get it already, so I can switch, already :)

Concerning INHD 1&2 that so many request. I don't see that happening any time soon. I get these 2 channels on Cox cable and under the logo bug, the tagline actually brags "Only on cable!" The PQ is great, but the content is only so-so. Voomers aren't missing much, but they're nice to have.

Got to watch SG1...

And also all the previews for the new shows coming on Sci Fi, including the Farscape Mini Series, the new Battlestar Galactica...plus a bunch of others.

HGTV just gives her more idea's, don't need that. :)

Hey Eric that sure was a good episode of Stragate was it not? System lords sure are acting like a bunch of scared B****** now that SG-1 kicked Anubes a**.. Dam replicators sure are a pain in the butt, I was hoping O'neil was going to fire upon that little replicator ship before it took off.. Oh well I guess there has to be future espisodes.. Cya Slick

Just to let everyone know. I just got off the phone with voom (not a bad hold time btw less than a minute) I told them that I needed to cancel my installation because my wife was unaware that they didnt have the Food Network, HGTV, USA, G4TechTV, etc. The Sales guy on the phone quickly tried to give me a $40 credit to my account and explained that they were in contract negotiations with those companies. When I still said no he then asked to put me on hold and got his supervisor. The Supervisor came on the phone and then offered me $70 credit and explained that I could keep my existing satellite provider with Voom and compare the two. It sounded like a good deal to me so I took the bait. I also asked about the DVR he said that it isnt confirmed but they are expecting a launch date of mid-summer(end of July beginning of August) Coinsidently their promo ends 7/31/04. The Supervisior said that they would likely offer a rental or purchase option. Hope this helps anyone at least looking for a discount.

Well I think what Voom's trying to tell you freaky, is that like in October we should see more SD channels, which is what that article said. Hopefully more HD channels too.

Honestly, I bet you anything they have deals in place with lots of these SD channels already. VOOM has just sacraficed a few of them in the short term until they get the WM9/MPEG4 compression up and running. If they can add those SD channels, and get the regional sports networks up, all they'd have to focus on after that is adding every new HD channel as it hits the market.

Not providing the locals is the best decision they ever made. It will allow them so much freedom to provide tons and tons of HD content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)