New D* ad advertising 130 HD channels by end of year!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Considering whatever the program providers call them (even if HD "placeholders") with only a show or two in HD; they will call it HD. There are supposed to be a plethora of premium multiplex options gearing to roll out. That would eat into 35 real fast if true.

what I heard wasn't the terminator commercial but rather a plug by Joe Buck when they were giving credit to the directv blimp for the overhead camera shots, it was not actually a commercial.

I don't care about how much HD is on them, as far as the RSN's , as long as the GAME is in HD, I don't care about the rest.
Yes, it will be nice, but the GAME is the important part.

Jimbo

The national HD count is D 58, E 47.

That is without duplicate channels like HBO East and HBO West only count as 1.
RSN's don't count since they are not national.
Count may be off but it should be close.

It wasn't actually said by Robert Patrick; it was a voiceover and graphic edited onto the end of the ad. I think it did also say "this summer", as another poster also saw. I wasn't at home, so I couldn't record it.

What wasposted above is what was said in the voice over late in the ASG when showing the D* blimp. 130 this summer.

Where are they going to find 35 more HD channels?

Most of the recent adds by D* and E* are of channels that broadcast little true HD.

True, a lot of channels show little HD, but that's a different argument. I believe there are easily 35 more HD "Capable" feeds either available or launching by years end.

I know a few weeks ago, I counted 42 that DISH could pick up by years end. Direct has more than DISH overall, but DISH also has a few Direct doesn't. 30 seems about right as far as stuff they could pick up right now. 35 isn't that big of a stretch, there's new stuff launching all the time.

With all ad campaigns there are likely very similar, yet differing versions of the same spot for special markets based on cost./time considerations. I wouldn't worry over it though.

More HD/Something new/Not Worry!!!.....I dont think as "Satellite Guys" thats possible....LOL

How are they not national? Here I am in Columbus, Ohio and I get a slew of them. I swear if I hear another E* sub post that the RSN's are not national in a D* thread....................:mad:

I hate to go through this for the umpteenth time, but RSNs ARE National. And the full time ones on Direct can be seen by anyone in the USA pretty much 24/7 if they choose to pay for it, just like HBO.

I can appreciate everyone wanting more HD from D* and being impatient that they haven't added any new stations lately, but let's all face it, D* is still the industry leader in providing HD programming, as well as much more such as sports and other things. What is the real difference whether D* has 95, 130, 65, etc. for the number of HD channels? They still carry more than E* or cable, and those of us who are diehard D* subscribers are not going to change providers just because D* hasn't reached the 100 channel level yet. I am relatively new to HD and am impressed by the number of channels offered by D*. Also, as a subscriber to several sports subscriptions, I am very pleased by the number of professional HD games available. Could D* offer more...sure they could. But I think they've done a good job at trying to please the masses by offering the most mainstream HD channels that they can currently fit. Once they get the new satellite up and running, there will be more HD channels offered for sure. And I'm sure they will try to offer more mainstream channels to appeal to as many subscribers as possible. We all have an idea of what we'd like to see in HD, and in due time, I'm sure most will get what they are looking for. However, let's put it into proper perspective...D* is still far superior to E* and cable, and even though they may not be perfect, I think most of us who subscribe to D* wouldn't consider leaving them over a few HD channels. So I don't think it really matters at the true number of current HD channels D* has, or what they might have at the end of the year; they still are and will be number one, and I for one, will have the patience to see what they will offer next.

If I could get Fox News, Travel Channel, AMC and some Encore channels i'd be a happy camper.

+1, but add in some more HBO/Max channels for sure.

I would otherwise not give a crap about AMC, but after watching episodes of Breaking Bad on cable's HD Showcase on Demand, I want my Breaking Bad season 2 in HD. What a hell of a show. The movies on AMC are too full of commercials and edited, but I am willing to take the channel just for that one show.

Travel Channel.... I can't believe that wasn't added with all the other Discovery channels. I'd like to see Indvestigation Discovery too, if they even have such a thing yet. I am sure they'll dump that Planet Green channel on us in HD too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts