New D* ad advertising 130 HD channels by end of year!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i've looked at this commercial 10 times already and nowhere does it say anything on an HD count.

It must have been a second ad right after it, but I saw the 130 number. It was between House and Bones on Fox Monday night.

I think it is great that D* is advertising they will have 130 National HDs sometime this summer.

All that means is that D* customers will get more HD and then E* will keep pace, then FIOS customers will see more, then Time Warner and Cablevision, etc....

See the pattern? It's actually a good thing for everyone.

I think it is great that D* is advertising they will have 130 National HDs sometime this summer.

All that means is that D* customers will get more HD and then E* will keep pace, then FIOS customers will see more, then Time Warner and Cablevision, etc....

See the pattern? It's actually a good thing for everyone.

That's the way it works! I don't quite understand all of the bickering between subs of different providers. Someday we will all have all of the HD channels. Some company has to keep up the pressure on the others and right now it is Directv, not long ago it was Dish Network.

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - The Sixto Report: D11 Sat Status Discussion
audio recording of Joe Buck mentioning 130 channels in hd this summer...

Like I said in a previous post:
Do you REALLY think if D* is going to tout that they will have 130 HD channels that they will give the info to Joe Buck when it gets lost in the middle of a ASG being called ?

Mkes you wonder if Joe was suppose to have that ad on his table.
It sounded to me like an advertisement to to let people know about the 130 HD channels, Not one that you would use to ANNOUNCE that you will have them. I was mentioned rather non chalant if you ask me, like maybe it was an ad that was suppose to be used at a later date.
I wonder what D* is saying about this, has there been any talk about this in the press releases, or an of thier other meetings.

edit:
After listening to it again, he did mention that you could get these 130 HD channels THIS summer, so I guess it's in the right time frame after all.

Thats great news then, I still don't understand why they didn't set it up to make an announcement at the ASG , like before hand or somethiong like that where it would draw attention to the fact.
I remember seeing the Blimp and the promo and thought nothing of it, so I appearantly didn't listen to it all that closely , live, and if I (we) didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, what did the others that are not into this type of stuff hear.?
Thats right, nothing.

Jimbo

Last edited:
so which is it????????????
one says 130 this summer, the other 130 by end of year.....................lot of time between the two.
my guess> neither

"SNIFFS BAIT" Hmm? Yawn.... take it to the war zone....

Actually, the ASG ad from Joe Buck said this summer. (meaning the end of summer, of course) .
This would not really be news seeing they were already planning to activate the Sat they placed up there recently, now we know what that is suppose to do.

btw, I forgot to listen close enough, but did it say 130 HD or 130 National ?

Theres a BIG difference. If they say they have 95 nowthats only like 10 market and they add 40 channels.

Jimbo

Actually, the ASG ad from Joe Buck said this summer. (meaning the end of summer, of course) .
This would not really be news seeing they were already planning to activate the Sat they placed up there recently, now we know what that is suppose to do.

Theres a BIG difference. If they say they have 95 nowthats only like 10 market and they add 40 channels.

Jimbo

"Over 130 of your favorite Hd channels this summer"

Jimbo

My reply was not for you; but the guy above me; I should have quoted but got lazy! LOL I edited it to be clear.

People obsess on these numbers too much.

DISH and DirecTV both use fake numbers. But they are based on SOME sort of skewed reality. If DirectTV claims 100 for a long time, and then switches to 130, then you know more are coming. Maybe not 30 more, but something. And that's good.

DISH may be full of crap when they tout theat they are reaching their 100 channel goal early, but the fact is, they are adding 17 more feeds. And that's good.

I'm more concerned with the fact that Direct doesn't even seem to know WHICH channels they carry. According to their website, they have BET-HD and MTV2-HD. (Logos are shown in the Flash animation.) And then down lower on the same page, they claim Nick-HD is included in the cheaper packages, but not the more expensive ones.

correct. 130 national HD by end of summer and over 100 local markets by end of year

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)