Status
Please reply by conversation.

leifkenn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Colorado
Hello,
Just wanted to share a Picture of my new dish that I just got planted today and ask a few questions.
I need to get it aimed and would like to ask for some assitance in that department.

I am located in zip code 80830 in Colorado.
I have a Corator Feed horn with 2 Norsat 3220 LNB.
Receiver is a Coolsat 5000.

I am just wanting to get it aimed at the right bird at the highest apex.

Also I would like to know what settings I should use on the receiver for the LNB settings.
I have the 2 LNB hooked up to a DISEQ switch.

Thank in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 2010-05-16 19.05.58.jpg
    2010-05-16 19.05.58.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 357
congrats on your bud install. . .

does the corotor you are usin hav a servo on it? why i ask is because tou stated that you are usin 2 of the same type c band lnbs, i can only assmue one is for V and the other for H.

anyway, does the lip of the dish touch the ground? looks that way from the pic.

my settings for my c band on my VS Ultra are:

lnb power: on
lnb type: standard
lnb freq: 5150
22khz: off
tp: depends on the bird
diseqc: port 4 (your will be the port you hav yours attached to)
motor: ON if your receiver will be controlling it

congrats on your bud install. . .

does the corotor you are usin hav a servo on it? why i ask is because tou stated that you are usin 2 of the same type c band lnbs, i can only assmue one is for V and the other for H.

anyway, does the lip of the dish touch the ground? looks that way from the pic.

my settings for my c band on my VS Ultra are:

lnb power: on
lnb type: standard
lnb freq: 5150
22khz: off
tp: depends on the bird
diseqc: port 4 (your will be the port you hav yours attached to)
motor: ON if your receiver will be controlling it
It does not have a servo and yes 1 is for H and the other V.

I got the dish from a Cable company that went out of business.
I had the LNB connected to port 1 and 2 of the switch.

103.0W AMC 1. this should be your true south sat. you
should set the dish up on this one.

Latitude: 39.1258°
Longitude: -103.8912°
Elevation: 44.7°
Azimuth (true): 178.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 170.1°
Hope this help's get you going.

Last edited:
Nice setup. I love the background.. no naky, peeky neighbors. You will enjoy your setup more with a HD receiver. Check classifieds as i am giving away some.

After around 3 hours of trying to get signal on any bird I have had no luck.
i am used to aiming the the smaller dishes / KU .
But this one is kicking my tail.

I have tried using just on LNB with no luck.
I have also tried without the Diseq
Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

It took me 2 weeks to get every think set up and to get a signal.Do not get discourage.Nice dish.How long will that ribbon wire run be?

It took me 2 weeks to get every think set up and to get a signal.Do not get discourage.Nice dish.How long will that ribbon wire run be?
It should be around 60 Ft.

I still have to buy a Vbox but want to get some signal before I go through that expense.

What I would really like to do is Setup 2 more dishes for KU and then setup 3 separate receivers in separate rooms .I will really need to figure out how to cable it all up.

Hello,
Just wanted to share a Picture of my new dish that I just got planted today and ask a few questions.
I need to get it aimed and would like to ask for some assitance in that department.

I am located in zip code 80830 in Colorado.
I have a Corator Feed horn with 2 Norsat 3220 LNB.
Receiver is a Coolsat 5000.

I am just wanting to get it aimed at the right bird at the highest apex.

Also I would like to know what settings I should use on the receiver for the LNB settings.
I have the 2 LNB hooked up to a DISEQ switch.

Thank in advance for the help.

Looks like you have an excellent view of the arc. As for dish aiming, start with the sat position that is closest to your longitude - that will be your highest elevation.

Congrats on getting the dish assembled. Believe it or not, I haven't got my new dish up even though I got it last September. I've started putting in the mesh, though. The instruction manual has a lot of errors in it and was put together crummy and there was hardware missing and the assembly hasn't gone well which tended to discourage me.

Did you move the lnb off the dish at all and did you put it back on how it came off.How did you move it to it's location.I took my dish apart and the lnb i had to change out to new lnb and the focal length was off by less then a 1/2 in that through my dish off.
If you took off the arms that holds lnb did you put arms back in the same holes I had 2 holes to chose from> was not aware of all the little measurements involved to put up but it came together.I wondering if lnb are working.Take a little tv and you receiver out to the dish and do your work out there and don not worrie about moving dish by motor do all movement by hand.Loosen up dish and have to sweep the sky were you think sat is at to try to get a sig beep.
I had a 250 ft. run to house and that is why i asked how far of a run in last post.Did all work at the dish.

I understand that your southern sat is amc 1 @103w there is not much on that to hit for a find unless you are set and dialed in. If i was to try cband amc 1 @103w ion movies 4040 h 26680.I would go for galx 16 @ 99w just a little off the southern mark but you can fine tune to 103 latter. galx 16 @ 99w fox Pureto Rico 3847/3846 15030 h nbc east new york tp 3846 h 15030, kcwy 13 Wyoming 3777 h 3255, cw 3847 h 15030 these sig are strong and a good start to dial in Check out these settings at Lynsat.com.Set lnb settings at 5150 for cband and if you are not using a disg switch run cable from lnb right into reciever and set disq to none Input tp and sr by hand and use little tv as satellite finder.
Are those lnb circular or linear

Last edited:
I understand that your southern sat is amc 1 @103w there is not much on that to hit for a find unless you are set and dialed in. If i was to try cband amc 1 @103w ion movies 4040 h 26680.I would go for galx 16 @ 99w just a little off the southern mark but you can fine tune to 103 latter. galx 16 @ 99w fox Pureto Rico 3847/3846 15030 h nbc east new york tp 3846 h 15030, kcwy 13 Wyoming 3777 h 3255, cw 3847 h 15030 these sig are strong and a good start to dial in Check out these settings at Lynsat.com.Set lnb settings at 5150 for cband and if you are not using a disg switch run cable from lnb right into reciever and set disq to none Input tp and sr by hand and use little tv as satellite finder.
Are those lnb circular or linear

Thanks I will try that.
The LNB are Norsat 3220 PLL. Commercial quality LNB so I am not sure if they are circular or not.

Have you had any luck getting a signal?

Look at your setup menu do you have Standard 5150 Sl or Sh lnb. If
so put the Vertical lnb on SL and the Horizontal lnb on SH. That should
keep the voltage @ 18volts for both LNBs. Now what elevation do you have
your dish @. It should be 39.64° and you Declination should be 5.51.
Hope this will help you, and you might want to look at this link Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C it has helped me alot.

Have you had any luck getting a signal?

Look at your setup menu do you have Standard 5150 Sl or Sh lnb. If
so put the Vertical lnb on SL and the Horizontal lnb on SH. That should
keep the voltage @ 18volts for both LNBs. Now what elevation do you have
your dish @. It should be 39.64° and you Declination should be 5.51.
Hope this will help you, and you might want to look at this link Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C it has helped me alot.

Not yet.
My coolsat has settings for Standard LNB and the other option is powered > 13V and 18 V
During the Winds yesterday my elevation bolts threads got messed up and I could not readjust.

I looked on dishpointer.com and it said my elevation should be 44 is that not correct.
Or do I have to subtract the declination from the elevation.

Looking at the Specs for my LNB the voltages are 15v-25v So I am not sure what setting I would need to set the LNB voltage settings for

Looking at the Specs for my LNB the voltages are 15v-25v So I am not sure what setting I would need to set the LNB voltage settings for

Your Voltage needs to be set to 18volts. ON my pansat I have two sat list per
satellite. one for Horizontal Tp's and one for Vertical Tp's. I'm setup with a servo
controlled lnb, but yours should be the same. If you have one list with both
V and H tp's the voltage will change from 13volt(Vertical) to 18volts(Horizontal), and you don't want that.

1st off very nice dish. an it should perform great once you get it peaked in.
an you're settings of the receiver an lnb voltage, need to be set the way Long Hair said an is right on.

you need to come up with a multi-switch, for you're ortho set up that you have their. I read threw this post this morning an see no mention of a multi-switch, or over look it. an 1 thing to not over look is some power insertors to feed the voltage to the lnb's, a standard mpeg receiver will output around 18-V on horizonial & 13-V on vertical, an work a multi-switch great. an c-band lnb's do not like low voltage feeding them you put a strain on their regulator an in time will louse the vertical lnb. now with that said I have found that with higher end lnb's (they are what you have their) that they will perform better with more voltage, here I use a BT power supply for De-Snower (commercial antenna pre amp supply) an their out put was little over 24-V, an what I did was regulate it with a pot from 15.8-V to 24.2-V, an if I turn the voltage down to in the 16-V to 17-V range you will see signal an Q drop a small amount, here I run my lnb's in the range of 19.5 to 20-volts, an they have ran fine for years. when I 1st started using a ortho years ago, did not use power insertors an in 2 years have gone threw 2 lnb's both on the vertical side, now they all get powered.

those 3220 are nice lnb's, an you don't need to replace 1, if you did you're wallet will cry a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts